Stupid Driver Stories

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was making my way through an intersection and the guy in the black Citroen tries to sneak through. If I hadn't braked hard, I would've hit him in the driver's door... :wall:

Agree with ashspet - that wasn't even close and it didn't look like you braked really hard.

Yeah, no offence but that happens every day at my local main roundabout. Actually more efficient that way!!!

So today I was sitting at a red light in a left turn lane. Got the green left arrow. Went ahead and turned left as normal. Girl sitting next to me in the straight ahead lane, texting while waiting at the red, evidently mistook the green left arrow for the light for her lane, which was actually still red. (Or maybe she thought she was in the left turn lane herself, anyway, she was clearly not paying attention to driving) She floored it right into the car ahead of her. Wasn't just a fender bender either, the impact was loud enough to cause all the pedestrians in the area to turn and look.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you can get a ticket for using a cell phone behind the wheel in California, even when you're sitting at a red light.

My mother no longer owns a car, the roads are a better place for it.

My parents still own a vehicle, they just barely drive. I have driven it more than them by far and one of my sisters have too.

I was driven by my dad today. Now I remember why I like to drive everywhere myself.

See all those cars in line behind you? And that completely clear lane to the left of you? Yeah, you should probably use that instead of just drive along getting undertaken by everyone who eventually gets impatient. The number of times he pulled into the fast lane to overtake another car and just sat beside it doing the same speed made my blood boil!

Blake, If you are in NSW or Victoria, Just be thankful that you didn't have a collision. Because if you had and presented this as evidence, you would be shown to be breaking the road laws. The rules state that on approaching a roundabout, you must give way to any vehicle that has already entered. This clearly shows that you were not even at the keep left sign when the black car began to enter. Not sure on other States though

Coming home on the bus today, we get on the highway and the driver has to honk at some idiot who is texting to move, on the highway during a heavy rain storm about to drive into a 2-3 foot deep puddle, nope gotta txt.... He didn't even take his eyes of the phone after the bus honked at him.... Was a dumb phone too...

Coming home on the bus today, we get on the highway and the driver has to honk at some idiot who is texting to move, on the highway during a heavy rain storm about to drive into a 2-3 foot deep puddle, nope gotta txt.... He didn't even take his eyes of the phone after the bus honked at him.... Was a dumb phone too...

Please tell me you have video...

Hello, just got me some mail...

http://img31.imageshack.**/img31/5944/dsc08036kopie.jpg

260 SFR = 265 USD = 216 EUR = 169 GBP

For that amount of money you could at least expect a letter with correct writing. It must be "Bu?e" and "Stra?e". Otherwise it means "buses" and "rhinestones"..

Hello, just got me some mail...

[snip]

260 SFR = 265 USD = 216 EUR = 169 GBP
Then the penalties over here in Germany don't seem so high anymore...

For 21-25 kph over the limit you have to pay 70 Euro plus you get one point in the central register (at 8 points you get an additional written warning and a "suggestion" you should go to an advanced course, at 14 points you have to have an advanced course, otherwise your license will be revoked, and at 18 points the license will be revoked for at least 6 months, additional to possible months if your infraction was severe enough).

That said, I had a point on my license, too, for speeding, but that was years ago. Since then I haven't been speeding (at least I didn't get caught, but since then I didn't drive more than 20 kph over the limit, at most 15 or less).

Hey idiots, the reason why I undertook you all and gained a good 20 places, is because the bus lane is in operation between 4 and 6. (it was 2:30.)

Hey idiots, I win again. Bus lane doesn't mean "never, ever, ever drive in them"
I hauled arse.