Stupid Driver Stories

HPIM1118.jpg

Enough said.

I kinda have to admit, I'm an aggressive driver, the Mustang II i used to have, had no horn, so when morons suddenly decided to stop in the middle of the road, to chat with pedestrians, i had to do burnouts to give them a hint on not being alone on the road.

But my stupid driver stories, is actually not about my aggressive driving, but on people not knowing how to drive (yey! i get to blame someone else!)

One way roads, if you 're turning right at the intersection, get in the right lane, if you are turning left, get in the left lane before the intersection, unfortunately... not everyone knows this, I've had a lot of people nearly ramming my car, as I'm in the left lane, turning left, and the guy in the right lane decides to turn left too...

Right of way, i don't know what they're called in English, but some roads, you don't have to yield for cars coming from the right side, so you have right of way all the way, some people coming from the sides of those roads, keep forgetting that...
I'm doing 30kph along one of those roads, where i don't have to yield, as silly as i am, i expect other people to know what the big yield sign means, and drive along without braking at each intersection...
So silly of me... an old man in a Mercedes C220 stops, i figure he had spotted me, as I'm in a huge Ford Bronco, i get into the intersection, and suddenly he drives out infront of my car, i didn't even have a chance to brake, so i tore the front end off of the Mercedes, with practically no damage to the Ford i was in, only a slightly bent bumper, which you only notice if you inspect it closely, i'm still amazed, to how you fail to notice a large american SUV...
Also a bit funny, the old man coming out of the Mercedes, wearing his Mercedes jacket.
He also tried blaming me, thankfully, unlike him, insurance companies know what a yield sign is.

I kinda have to admit, I'm an aggressive driver, the Mustang II i used to have, had no horn, so when morons suddenly decided to stop in the middle of the road, to chat with pedestrians, i had to do burnouts to give them a hint on not being alone on the road.

How did you pass your MOT without a horn?:blink:

Right of way, i don't know what they're called in English, but some roads, you don't have to yield for cars coming from the right side, so you have right of way all the way, some people coming from the sides of those roads, keep forgetting that...
I'm doing 30kph along one of those roads, where i don't have to yield, as silly as i am, i expect other people to know what the big yield sign means, and drive along without braking at each intersection...
So silly of me... an old man in a Mercedes C220 stops, i figure he had spotted me, as I'm in a huge Ford Bronco, i get into the intersection, and suddenly he drives out infront of my car, i didn't even have a chance to brake, so i tore the front end off of the Mercedes, with practically no damage to the Ford i was in, only a slightly bent bumper, which you only notice if you inspect it closely, i'm still amazed, to how you fail to notice a large american SUV...
Also a bit funny, the old man coming out of the Mercedes, wearing his Mercedes jacket.
He also tried blaming me, thankfully, unlike him, insurance companies know what a yield sign is.

In America, we don't see too many yield signs. The only ones I know of right near where I live are at a very small roundabout. The rest are stops. Side roads are usually controlled by a light.

How anyone manages to crash in America is beyond me.

In America, we don't see too many yield signs. The only ones I know of right near where I live are at a very small roundabout. The rest are stops. Side roads are usually controlled by a light.

How anyone manages to crash in America is beyond me.
:blink:
I have lots of yield signs near me, not to mention you yield every time you go on the highway...

Somebody left the keys in the trunk in a parking lot.

I once did that on a college campus, and my car was still there one and a half days later. Keys were too, along with a chunk of my dignity.

Is that a trumpet? If so, it actually looks pretty cool if he's just bored and still paying attention to the road.

Here are retarded CA drivers for ya.

wierdbmwwheels.jpg

Yes that is 2 license plates on the back.

Uhhhh.

Notice the bike rack? He's got the second one because his first one gets blocked by the bike.

:blink:
I have lots of yield signs near me, not to mention you yield every time you go on the highway...

I generally don't yield getting onto the highway. The onramps around here arn't long enough after the yield to get up to speed, unless you driving a Ferrari or similar.

I generally don't yield getting onto the highway. The onramps around here arn't long enough after the yield to get up to speed, unless you driving a Ferrari or similar.

You obviously live somewhere that there aren't may people on the highway. It's common to have to wait awhile before there's enough room to merge here, Massachusetts is unfamiliar with "stopping distance", plus the car in front of my tends to slow all the way down because they are evil. Do you know how long it takes a 3100 lb car with a 115 horse power engine to get to 60? :?
Thank god I can shift it manually....
Some of the highway exits are even worse, like not a ramp. The one at my aunts house is a T intersection with the highway. D':
Picture3-3.png

That traffic? going around 65-70 in the slow lane. You get just enough road to point your car in the right direction. The road that it comes off of is speed limit 20 mph, and you have no visibility till the end so if you speed up and misjudge you're looking at a nasty crash.

While I'm at it, to the + rep on my comment that I was not moving when I got in an accident I was not picking apples :p I was waiting at a light to take a left turn and got slammed head on by a trans am at 40. Poor Peggy still is having after effects from the damage and the pontiac was defiantly totaled, half the front end was gone.

Last edited:
FYI : if it snows here (which is rare), it is a special kind of snow. Anyone whose car gets touched by snow, even if it is just one snow flake, immediately forgets how to drive a car at all.

they seem to think that the warnings "adjust your speed & driving style to the road conditions" means speed up and change lanes violently. People then crash. The rest of the country moans because they can't get home on time.

You obviously live somewhere that there aren't may people on the highway. It's common to have to wait awhile before there's enough room to merge here, Massachusetts is unfamiliar with "stopping distance", plus the car in front of my tends to slow all the way down because they are evil. Do you know how long it takes a 3100 lb car with a 115 horse power engine to get to 60? :?
Thank god I can shift it manually....
Some of the highway exits are even worse, like not a ramp. The one at my aunts house is a T intersection with the highway. D':

That traffic? going around 65-70 in the slow lane. You get just enough road to point your car in the right direction. The road that it comes off of is speed limit 20 mph, and you have no visibility till the end so if you speed up and misjudge you're looking at a nasty crash.

While I'm at it, to the + rep on my comment that I was not moving when I got in an accident I was not picking apples :p I was waiting at a light to take a left turn and got slammed head on by a trans am at 40. Poor Peggy still is having after effects from the damage and the pontiac was defiantly totaled, half the front end was gone.
There a few roads like that here as well. By the way our trannys accelerate faster in "S" than in Tiptronic mode, I have tested it time and time again. It is mostly due to the shortened reaction time as the car can anticipate when to change up when it is doing it automatically rather than us having to hit the lever.

What the fuck happened to those wheels on the BMW? They look ridiculous and if the laws about wheels widths and bodywork there are the same as here, they are illegal (wheels have to be covered by the wheelarches).

There a few roads like that here as well. By the way our trannys accelerate faster in "S" than in Tiptronic mode, I have tested it time and time again. It is mostly due to the shortened reaction time as the car can anticipate when to change up when it is doing it automatically rather than us having to hit the lever.

Yeah I shove it into S for merging most of the time.

see you're just not trying hard enough :p

What the fuck happened to those wheels on the BMW? They look ridiculous and if the laws about wheels widths and bodywork there are the same as here, they are illegal (wheels have to be covered by the wheelarches).

Nope, that is legal here. The tires can stick out from the bodywork. Now, they do look stupid and damage the suspension, but they are legal.