Stupid Driver Stories

On a country-road in the morning today. Limit was 100 km/h, overtaking allowed, but some few cars coming the other way. I came up to 3 cars infront of me, who where behind a lorry (70-80km/h). On a long straight bit of the road, the first driver (Opel Zafira) thought he could now overtake the lorry. He, indicated and pulled out, the BMW behind him, pulled out behind him. Then, in the FAR distance (really, really far) a Car apeared oncoming out of the FAR AWAY Corner. The Zafira was now just next to the truck ... THE IDIOT HIT THE BRAKES. The BMW driver thankfully was awake and reacted in time. The Zafira slowed down again, to get in behind the truck again ... and then the BMW overtook the Lorry (and the idiot) WITHOUT PROBLEM IN TIME BEFORE THE OTHER CAR GOT THERE. I don?t think I?ve ever seen someone make such a bad call, such a misjudgement when driving. When he/she hit the brakes I think my heart stopped for e second, even 2 cars behind them. Sure, everyone makes mistakes and bad calls ... I won?t say I don?t. But that Zafira driver, I would have taken away his license for life for that one ... even though thankfully nothing happend.

Yeah that's ass hattery in the extreme, but should the BMW driver have followed the Zafira into the oncoming lane? He/she probably should have waited until the Zafira had completed their move. But then, I dunno, I do the same sometimes. I hate doing it everytime though because you're completely at the mercy of the guy ahead.

As assholeish as this sounds, brake-check him. In nearly all states, being the car doing the rear ending is at fault.

I know and this is one of those states but I had my g/f in the car and generally like my rear bumper :)

Yeah that's ass hattery in the extreme, but should the BMW driver have followed the Zafira into the oncoming lane? He/she probably should have waited until the Zafira had completed their move. But then, I dunno, I do the same sometimes. I hate doing it everytime though because you're completely at the mercy of the guy ahead.
You are correct. The BMW driver should have waited for the Zafira to pass ... but the Situation would have easily allowed for them both to pass at the same time. Hey, if they had stepped on it, the car infront of me and myself probably would have gotten past that lorry too. That?s how clear it all was and how big a cock-up this was on behalf of the Zafira-driver.

Commutist in a grey corolla......need I say more.

Here's a Finalgear toptip sport, next time the trains are on strike and you decide to do your daily commute to your deskjockey accountants office in that slab of underpowered boring you call a car, try to learn how onramps work?
You drive on them accellerating to roughly the speed the traffic is moving, THEN you merge......you do not , repeat DO NOT dive 3 ft infront of a lorry doing 90 when you are doing 40, certainly not when the onramp is sufficiently long for even your 15 year old shitbox to get up to 90, you have half a mile left, and there is ample space infront and behind me.......

To ad insult to injury, after I E-braked and swerved to avoid you and go round (it realy was that or 'squish') , you decided to do THE SAME DAMN THING to the van coming up in the second lane ......

Pretty sure the son of a bitch rode a bike 'to save feul' on the weekends to....he looked the part.

Last edited:
Commutist in a grey corolla......need I say more.

Here's a Finalgear toptip sport, next time the trains are on strike and you decide to do your daily commute to your deskjockey accountants office in that slab of underpowered boring you call a car, try to learn how onramps work?
You drive on them accellerating to roughly the speed the traffic is moving, THEN you merge......you do not , repeat DO NOT dive 3 ft infront of a lorry doing 90 when you are doing 40, certainly not when the onramp is sufficiently long for even your 15 year old shitbox to get up to 90, you have half a mile left, and there is ample space infront and behind me.......

To ad insult to injury, after I E-braked and swerved to avoid you and go round (it realy was that or 'squish') , you decided to do THE SAME DAMN THING to the van coming up in the second lane ......

Pretty sure the son of a bitch rode a bike 'to save feu'l on the weekends to....he looked the part.
There is no excuse for this bullshit. Even if you are going lane to lane and your car cannot accelerate. You let off the gas a bit and leave a huge ass space between you and the car infront so you have time to speed up and merge at a similar or equal speed to the other lane. It's not hard I have to do that at least 5x a day. :|

Also, dear red taurus. What the fuck is wrong with you. You leave your left blinker on for 2 miles, then turn it off THEN MERGE INTO THE LEFT LANE WHAT. That tic tic tic noise is your blinker. If you hear it it is on, if you don't it's not.

Nice one today.
I was on my scooter, stopped at an intersection waiting to turn left after the two vehicles in front of me (which is already something that not many people do around here), when at my side popped up what can only be described as a delivery boy in a incredibly big hurry. He was also on a scooter. He waited a bit, then he forced his way between me and the van in front of me to get to the -left- of the van and of the car in front of it, cut the crossroad riding partly on a pedestrian crossing and speed away in a killer-manoeuvre. The funniest part was that he -actually- rubbed all his lower leg, his feet and part of his scooter on my front tyre. I honked at him. He never even turned to see what was going on, as if nothing had happened...

I wonder if he would have noticed if I fitted spiked wheels...

Last edited:
I had one the other day but completely forgot about this thread. I was at a roundabout as normal watching a car come over in the left lane of 2 with no indicators, which is the standard for going straight across the roundabout. I watch him and decide he's taking the exit I'm emerging from, so I'm just creeping forward until I know what he's doing. I'm glad I didn't just pull out because the asshat keeps going round with no indicators and still in the left lane. I pull out after him and he goes round again, in the wrong lane cutting everyone off.

It was a Yaris and it was a Sunday, we all know the type.

So I am waiting to cross the street from the parking lot to the building my campus is in today, an accord approaches the crosswalk and slows down to like 5 mph the proceeded to drive right though the crosswalk. WHAT. Why the fuck did you slow down if you weren't going to let me cross? Do you realize that most people here would have jumped right in front of your car as soon as you started slowing down and just assuming you would stop?

So I am waiting to cross the street from the parking lot to the building my campus is in today, an accord approaches the crosswalk and slows down to like 5 mph the proceeded to drive right though the crosswalk. WHAT. Why the fuck did you slow down if you weren't going to let me cross? Do you realize that most people here would have jumped right in front of your car as soon as you started slowing down and just assuming you would stop?

He probably expected you to step infront of him and was preparing to stop compleetly, but you stayed on the sidewalk so he probably assumed you werent going to cross :dunno:

That or, you know, you have a stalker :p

No this chick was looking at the other side of the road not to my side or in front of them so if I had stepped in front of the car I defiantly would have been hit.

I was almost run over by a short bus when I was crossing on a cross walk and the fucker had the audacity to honk at me... Still wondering if he let any of the passengers drive.. (For those who don't know the short school bus is usually used to drive around retards)

Dear Nissan Cube driver,

I know you are in a hurry so I will make this short: if it's wet out, don't cut off a 4,600 lb. SUV with only two feet of room then stand on your brakes so you can turn into a drive. Especially don't do this when there are NINE car lengths open behind me. Especially don't flip off the driver of the SUV who is trying desprately to not turn your Cube into a Nissan Plane when he points out via his horn that you are about to die.

I was very tempted to swing up the other side of that driveway and block your path so you would have the chance to explain the reasoning behind your actions. I need a topic for my dissertation, and you just became a prime candidate. I think I might call it, "Douchenozzel: An examination of self-destructive behavior in commuters." Who knows, I might even get a book deal.

- Blind_Io

PS - I still need a steel "Fuck You!" bumper.

I have found that people become a lot more rushed when they are approaching their destination, like people who held a decent gap behind you five minutes ago suddenly start speeding towards your ass like you're in prison and dropped the soap before they turn into their driveway.

I need a topic for my dissertation, and you just became a prime candidate. I think I might call it, "Douchenozzel: An examination of self-destructive behavior in commuters." Who knows, I might even get a book deal.

I'd buy it, and so would lots of FG members judging by the size of this thread.

I was doing a four-hundred-mile drive last week on an interstate which shall not be named, except that it was two-lane each way. Truck in the right lane doing 50, no problem. Douchenozzles in the left lane on an uphill doing 50.1, problem. I sat behind these guys for about five to ten minutes as they slowly...slowly...slooooowly passed the truck, a queue building up behind me. And all I could do was stare at the...wait for it...four rings on the trunk lid.

Until that moment, I thought that Jezza and the boys were indulging in a bit of hyperbole. It's somehow reassuring to find out for myself that Audi drivers are, indeed, cocks of the highest order.

I was doing a four-hundred-mile drive last week on an interstate which shall not be named, except that it was two-lane each way. Truck in the right lane doing 50, no problem. Douchenozzles in the left lane on an uphill doing 50.1, problem. I sat behind these guys for about five to ten minutes as they slowly...slowly...slooooowly passed the truck, a queue building up behind me. And all I could do was stare at the...wait for it...four rings on the trunk lid.

Until that moment, I thought that Jezza and the boys were indulging in a bit of hyperbole. It's somehow reassuring to find out for myself that Audi drivers are, indeed, cocks of the highest order.
Im finding myself more and more getting tailgated by audi's. At least Im one that doesn't do it, not because I care about other people but more so I like not running into people.

It's funny, I'm still being tailgated or otherwise annoyed mostly by cocks in BMW's, the percentage of Audi drivers who don't know how to drive is very low compared to them.

I get tailgated by giant-ass trucks all the time. (Duallys, normal trucks with unnecessary giant tires, etc.) Actually, those are the people I have the biggest issues in driving on the roads. They are the ones that generally (aren't looking or "don't see me") cut me off too. (Or SUVs, I've been cut off by a couple of giant SUVs.)

... just outside, a little beige Opel Corsa has passed me. Stereo turned up, playing some (to say the least) rude german hiphop song. Both front windows down. Looking quite the tool himself ...

When it?s 8?C (46?F) outside.

I mean. Why? I don?t really care about the rudeness of the song and I listen to german HipHop myself ... but with those termperatures outside ... why would you open both front windows just to deliberately annoy people? It?s not like 8?C and going 50km/h in town is any fun ... and he didn?t even look like he was enjoying himself!

Some people ... :no:

Last edited: