Stupid Driver Stories

I was driving down the freeway today in the left lane as it was a fairly long drive. As I got close to my exit, I started to work my way over to the right side. When I was 3 lanes from the right, I put my signal on and start to move over and apparently nearly hit some guy in a Mini because he was trying to go into the same lane but wasn't signaling so when I check to see if it was clear I didn't somehow assume that he would want to change lanes. Best thing is, when he passed me, he looked at me like he didn't nothing wrong :rolleyes:

I was at the mall the other day, and some lady in an old Acura Legend coupe managed to get the car on a realitively high curb and crash into the Merc that was parked on the other side. God knows how she did that or how fast she was going...

Today I came across a pretty funny example of driver idiocy.

I was walking across the street at a busy intersection that was restricted due to a football game that our school would inevitably lose. A huge black guy was directing traffic when a young kid in an Audi nearly runs into him and just stops, blocking the intersection. The traffic guy goes up to him.

"Get out of the way and keep moving!" he yells, annoyed.
"FUCK YOU!"
"FAGGOT!"

The Audi pulls up past the intersection, then pulls over and stops. The kid opens the door and gets out but doesn't move past his car. The traffic guy at this point is pissed and keeps yelling, "GET BACK IN THE CAR AND KEEP MOVING!" The kid scowls and yells something intelligible.

"ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?" screamed the traffic guy. "YOU'RE BLOCKING TRAFFIC!"

The kid made some furious-looking arm gestures, scowled a bit more, speechless, and finally stormed off in his car, defeated.

Well, it was pretty exciting to us bystanders.

Anyone want to buy an Audi :(

I'm at traffic light waiting for traffic to clear so I can make a left, a lady in a Mercedes wagon is the only car I have to worry about so I'm just waiting. I realize she's not moving as fast as I initial thought she was moving, ohh hay she's going even slower now, wait no she's stopping at the green light. She then realizes the light is green and moves through the intersection I yelled something about her being an idiot and waved my arms around, she was un-phased, but the other drives found it amusing.

Recorded by myself: Tailgating BMW on the Autobahn.
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=JP165mRRRVs

Note the VW Golf infront of him putting his hazards on for a moment.
Nice one! I also hate tailgaters, especially when I am behind a long line of cars on the left lane, and the guy behind me tailgates me. I mean what's the point? It's not I'm holding im up, I'm just the car that happens to be the last in line.

Anyway, I found a nice way to solve the problem. When I have such a guy behind be, I sometimes start to swerve around like I'm warming my tires. Only moments later, the tailgater usually drops behind and leaves quite a gap, probably because he thinks I'm an unpredictable loonatic. Works like a charm! :lol:

Sure I'll take your 1.8T if it's a manual...

:( no its a failmatic I want a manual :(

I totally forgot about this one. Some of the on ramps in Brooklyn are pretty short and to add to the problem the acceleration lane is short as well so its fairly common to have to stop before you get on the highway (there are actually ramps with stop signs on them......). It is something understandable so no one really gets bent out of shape about. However this one particular person did manage to merge onto the highway from the on ramp and then stopped. Smack down in the middle of the lane, I almost rear ended the car that almost rear ended him/her because I got on the highway and started to accelerate to my normal driving speed assuming that cars in the front would be moving about same rate as traffic (had to check blind spot while entering)

Last edited:
And another one, again recorded by myself:

Autobahn fighters = Absolute wankers:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ByM9UJGrXlY

Story: Golf swerves infront of the Polo to overtake a lorry. Polo gets in rage and hunts the Golf down, overtakes him and outbrakes him a few times. After that they block the two lanes in an patt situation slowing down totally oblivious for the other traffic around them. At last the polo undertakes the golf before leaving the autobahn... Classic autobahn idiots. My dashcam loves them.

Greetings, lip

I was driving down the freeway today in the left lane as it was a fairly long drive. As I got close to my exit, I started to work my way over to the right side. When I was 3 lanes from the right, I put my signal on and start to move over and apparently nearly hit some guy in a Mini because he was trying to go into the same lane but wasn't signaling so when I check to see if it was clear I didn't somehow assume that he would want to change lanes. Best thing is, when he passed me, he looked at me like he didn't nothing wrong :rolleyes:
That's exactly the reason I never change lanes unless that lane and the one next to it are empty. I don't want to be changing lanes and end up having some anti-turn signal moron pulling a PITS on me while I'm doing 70.

That's exactly the reason I never change lanes unless that lane and the one next to it are empty. I don't want to be changing lanes and end up having some anti-turn signal moron pulling a PITS on me while I'm doing 70.

I try to follow that rule, but in the traffic here, often you can't wait for such a gap and still get to your exit.

OK lets see.

Things I have done that were dumb, I have been half asleep driving to school run red lights 2x. I generally speed, badly. I go 40-50 mph if I can, down curvy backroads. To this I say WHHEEEE and make the tires squeal until I think "HAY I BET I COULD DO THE SIARPC LAP :D" because I'm throwing myself around corners on i hill in the rain at 40 and not spinning out. Yeah that's probably unsafe and stupid, I don't really care though.

The dumbest thing I've ever seen is a van drive around a detour sign, on the wrong side of the road almost hitting a truck head on, the proceeding to switch to the blocked off side of the road where there was a giant hole. I didn't get to see if they fell in.

Recently I was driving behind a subaru and suddenly they slammed on their breaks out of nowhere and pulled over. I wait for them to do something and they stay there, I go around them, they go. I wasn't even tailgating wtf.

Last edited:
Having lived in Saudi arabia my dad has plenty of stupid driver stories. One that I remember best was an enthusiastic luxury car owner who though that cruise control was equivalent to auto pilot. He turned it on and began to climb to the back of the car to relax. He didnt realize the cruise control wouldnt turn for him and he had an inevitable accident and im pretty sure my dad said he died.

He also said he has seen people reading and drving with their feet. Glad I wont be driving there.

well i see that everyday ,there are alot of people that don't take driving seariously.

people who won't make up their minds. Driving behind this little Clio thing (a tad too close behind I must admit) and the lights turn yellow. We're doing about 70kph. Driver speeds up, so I say, cool, we run the lights. Then, about 30m before the lights the driver decides to stop anyway, ending up with his back wheels on the stopping line.

Naturally I had to slam on the brakes , ABS and everything to not hit him...
Dumbass was so far infront of the lights that he couldn't even see they went green again...

My uncle works at a Mercedes dealership. One of the idiots that worked there was going to deliver a new C-class. It's out in Illinois so there's a lot of just straight line gravel roads and stuff.

Well the main route to where he was going would take a really long time so the guy decided to take a shortcut.

There had been some pretty torrential rain from the storms over there so there were a few roads that were closed.

Turns out this dude's shortcut road was closed. But no matter; he just drives past the sign and continues on.

He then gets to a block in the road. He goes around.

Next thing he knows he's sitting in 4 feet of muddy water in a customer's brand new Merc C class.

But I'm sure Mercedes would understand. :lol:

Anyway, I found a nice way to solve the problem. When I have such a guy behind be, I sometimes start to swerve around like I'm warming my tires. Only moments later, the tailgater usually drops behind and leaves quite a gap, probably because he thinks I'm an unpredictable loonatic. Works like a charm! :lol:

Not sure I wanna try that going 160 in the rain... (yes, idiots still tailgate you then), but other than that, might be worth a try, thanks :D

This happen on long Island in New York. It was a the southern state highway around 6am. I was heading to work and sitting in traffic. So it seemed like nothing was wrong since its long island. So I made it to a bridge and there was an M3 crushed into the top section of the bridge. It was pretty crazy to see. The next day I found out from the paper he was drunk and lost control of his car and launches it off a sign into the bridge.

Nice one! I also hate tailgaters, especially when I am behind a long line of cars on the left lane, and the guy behind me tailgates me. I mean what's the point? It's not I'm holding im up, I'm just the car that happens to be the last in line.

Hey, how'd you discover my Team America secret signal? :shakefist: