Stupid Driver Stories

Do the instructors have a throttle in Germany? In the UK they don't - only a brake and clutch. Presumably so any speeding cannot be blamed on them in the United Nanny State.

US only gets the brakes since we don't have those m-a-n-u-a-l things :p

US only gets the brakes since we don't have those m-a-n-u-a-l things :p

And for the test, I had to use a car with the e-brake in the center console rather than one of those pedal-operated ones (presumably so the trooper could pull it if things got ugly). Little did they know mine is busted...

Do the instructors have a throttle in Germany? In the UK they don't - only a brake and clutch. Presumably so any speeding cannot be blamed on them in the United Nanny State.

Yeah it's just you, my instructor had all three pedals too.

And for the test, I had to use a car with the e-brake in the center console rather than one of those pedal-operated ones (presumably so the trooper could pull it if things got ugly). Little did they know mine is busted...

Interesting I took mine in one with no secondary controls and foot operated e-brake.

This one is me. I ran a red light quite ridiculously because I was thinking about how I always make a wrong turn at that intersection and this time I won't, and I didn't notice that the light had changed. Basically, I was midway through the intersection before I realized, oh shit, I was supposed to stop there.

Woman in a renault is in the right lane....wants to make a left turn at next intersection, throws on indicator and just dives to the left.....to bad I was in the second lane, (how can you not friggin see me? I was the biggest fucking vehicle on the whole damn intersection) honk horn, wakes her up....missed me by about 2 inches I think :p

Guy in jeep 'overtakes' a traffic jam by actualy using the extra lane to the end before merging (like everyone should do) .....moron in delivery van doesnt like this and decides to play cop, judge and jury and suddenly pulls halfway out of his lane to block the guy in the jeep , jeep has to slam on the brakes and dive into the gap the guy behind the van was smart enough to leave after he saw what was about to happen .......

Bycyclists, do they count as drivers? I know there all a bunch off roadpirates whith complete disrespect for any traffic laws whatsoever but does that make em drivers? If so I saw at least 4 incidents today....

Guy in jeep 'overtakes' a traffic jam by actualy using the extra lane to the end before merging (like everyone should do)

It always amazes me how no one ever does that. I used to be able to save 5 minutes of my 20 minute commute daily because everyone assumes the fourth lane ends at an exit, but it actually continues for another half a mile or so.

Bycyclists, do they count as drivers? I know there all a bunch off roadpirates whith complete disrespect for any traffic laws whatsoever but does that make em drivers? If so I saw at least 4 incidents today....
Bicycles are tricky and the general rule is if a biker hurts himself, it's probably your fault. When confronted with cyclists or dinosaurs, remain perfectly still until they loose interest and leave.

Bicycles are tricky and the general rule is if a biker hurts himself, it's probably your fault. When confronted with cyclists or dinosaurs, remain perfectly still until they loose interest and leave.

I knew it was time for another signature quote. :lol:

And we are still lucky. Cyclists would be much worse than dinosaurs, if they had pointy teeth.

Cyclist are made of pure evil. They're satan on wheels. It's ridiculous that they risc their own lives, and if something goes wrong, I get the blame. That's just not right.

Short rant: X3, X5, E92 M3, and Audi S5 drivers are cocks. I don't follow stereotypes usually but literally every new M3 and S5 that I've seen have been driven in a completely idiotic manner. BMW SUV drivers go absolutely mad when within city confines - they are assholes. And Prius drivers are goddamn lane hogs. They will putter along at 15mph below the limit in the left lane, which just creates traffic jams.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2009/07/12/phone.jpg

No comment.

Greetings, lip

You are right, lip!

After no pixel peeping at all, I was able to spot the maniac! The filmed activity has captured all of the driver's attention, so that an accident was bound to happen!

2943p1y.jpg

What a nutter!

:lmao:

I don't get it either.

He is. You can see it through the back window and in the mirror (both the mirrors for that matter, but the in-car one is too dim).

It always amazes me how no one ever does that. I used to be able to save 5 minutes of my 20 minute commute daily because everyone assumes the fourth lane ends at an exit, but it actually continues for another half a mile or so.

Up here in Canuckistan you would face the wrath and hatred of the entire motoring populace upon doing such a thing. Sure the lane continues for a bit, but you better damn merge as soon as the solid line goes to a dotted one or else you're viewed as being a selfish ass. It is viewed a bit like queue-jumping.
We don't care that there's a jam, get in behind like you're supposed to.