Stupid Driver Stories

Well I do drive an Audi so you can call me a cock :D

There is some truth to it, you gotta have a certain level of skill to not get into accidents and a certain level of asshole in order to get where you are going in a reasonable amount of time.
"You don't get it, do you? This isn't 'good cop, bad cop.' This is fag and New Yorker. You're in a lot of trouble." (Perry in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang")

Last edited:
My mom was driving her brand new Volvo XC70 today and stopped at a light when a dipshit 19 year old in a red '09 Subaru Impreza came flying up behind her in the adjacent lane, changed lanes suddenly to cut off another driver and plowed right into the back of my mom. Her 6 month old Volvo is now in an impound yard waiting to be towed to the body shop. Fortunately the assprick managed to not break the taillights or bend the tailgate, but the right rear quarter panel is deformed (the panel gaps for the fuel cap are way off) the rear bumper shroud is torn, the parking sensor is missing and the exhaust is taco'd.

My mom was actually crying as I drove her home. Her brand new car has already been hit - it's also her AWD and we have snow on the way this weekend. I told her to rent a comparable AWD while her car is in the shop and then file a claim against the other driver. I'm not sure if she will or not, but I'm fucking sick of people running into me and my family.

I swear we should just start euthanizing assholes on the street, it would make the world a better place.

I'll put up some photos tomorrow.

^Damn dude that blows, how the fuck do people manage to do that, I mean you can see the light from far away....

And it's not as though the back of the XC70 lacks for rearward illumination.

It has recently been announced that iranian highways are stupid. Don't be put off by the language, by 0:45 there is fancy graphics.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t8fStz3AVc[/YOUTUBE]

It's a pity we do not appear to have any iranian drivers on our forum, imagine the stories they could share!

I am very sorry for your mom, Blind_Io, hope the XC70 get well soon.

This morning, a very strange thing happened to me. I had stopped at a traffic light, and so had the car behind me, when the typical gypsy woman asking you for money while pretending to clean your headlights (and just scratching your paint instead) showed up. A couple of polite but clear refusal gesture were enough to send her to the next car, which was not as lucky as me and couldn't avoid the gypsy starting to "clean" his headlight; so he decided to slightly move forward to discourage her... and just drove into my bumper...

...at least this was hie version. He was an elderly driver in a Smart, probably automatic, and I am not sure if I should really buy the headlight gypsy version or if he just lifted his foot from the brake and obliviously bumped into me. However, luckily there was really no damage at all, and the old man was apologizing politely and was clearly scared of me (and if you are scared of me, you can not be harmful), so I let him go after asking him to pay more attention.

Still... what the...

--------------------

It has recently been announced that iranian highways are stupid. Don't be put off by the language, by 0:45 there is fancy graphics.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t8fStz3AVc[/YOUTUBE]

It's a pity we do not appear to have any iranian drivers on our forum, imagine the stories they could share!

Wow... these are hundred of tons of concrete fail.

Last edited:
I felt stupid yesterday, because I think I'm going to get my first speeding ticket ever. I guess I somehow missed that the speed limit changed from 100km/h to 80km/h and I drove past a bloody camera (and it was a road I drive through quite often, so I should've known better). Boy was I surprised to see it flash and damn it was bright! Luckily the speedo showed "only" 90km/h (though it should be quite accurate, because during the same trip we went by a speed metering thingy that shows your speed and at it was dead on with the speedo at about 80km/h).

I'll just have to wait and see, if I get a ticket in the mail...

My mom was driving her brand new Volvo XC70 today and stopped at a light when a dipshit 19 year old in a red '09 Subaru Impreza came flying up behind her in the adjacent lane, changed lanes suddenly to cut off another driver and plowed right into the back of my mom. Her 6 month old Volvo is now in an impound yard waiting to be towed to the body shop. Fortunately the assprick managed to not break the taillights or bend the tailgate, but the right rear quarter panel is deformed (the panel gaps for the fuel cap are way off) the rear bumper shroud is torn, the parking sensor is missing and the exhaust is taco'd.

My mom was actually crying as I drove her home. Her brand new car has already been hit - it's also her AWD and we have snow on the way this weekend. I told her to rent a comparable AWD while her car is in the shop and then file a claim against the other driver. I'm not sure if she will or not, but I'm fucking sick of people running into me and my family.

I swear we should just start euthanizing assholes on the street, it would make the world a better place.

I'll put up some photos tomorrow.
jesus, my mom would probably cry if that happened to her shiny new subaru. She won't even let me drive it.

I felt stupid yesterday, because I think I'm going to get my first speeding ticket ever. I guess I somehow missed that the speed limit changed from 100km/h to 80km/h and I drove past a bloody camera (and it was a road I drive through quite often, so I should've known better). Boy was I surprised to see it flash and damn it was bright! Luckily the speedo showed "only" 90km/h (though it should be quite accurate, because during the same trip we went by a speed metering thingy that shows your speed and at it was dead on with the speedo at about 80km/h).
WTF? A tkt for 10kmh over? Here 10-20mph (depending on road and limit) over won't even get any attention from the law. Do you get points for speed camera tickets? Here we have some red light cameras but you don't get points just a small fine.

Not so much stupid as weird/inconsiderate. Why do people leave huge space between them and the car in front of them at traffic lights?

If you ever seen the French Connection and remember the part where he was chasing the train on the street, well it actually is right by where I live. So I was on that road and parking is kinda hard to come by so if you see a spot anywhere near where you want to be you take it. Because of the train there are these pillar so while the road is technically 4 lane most people treat it as a 2 lane and use the space between the curb and pillars as a "service road" to pull in and out of parking or double park if you are dropping off/picking people up. So there I was behind some dude in an Audi 80 (IIRC) and saw a spot I wanted to take, however there was a pillar in my way and the dude in front of me. So the car in front of him moves up opening up something like half a car length of room. I only need him to move up a foot or so for me to get into the spot that just opened up. So I flash my highs at him, no reaction, I honk once (short honk not like a douche honk) no reaction. Not until I layed on it did he actually move giving me the glare while I was passing him to get into the spot (mind you he wasn't parking).

Last edited:
A small fine for running a red light? Here that will cost you 3000 SEK (?300) and includes the possibility of suspending your license. You can calculate how much running a red light in Finland will be via the finnish police ticket calculator

I'm not sure if this should go in the "cool videos" or here so I'll leave it here. It's a train in Houston which seems to attract cars like a magnet. From Discovery Channels "Destroyed in Seconds"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwcYcedLxZc

Last edited:
A small fine for running a red light? Here that will cost you 3000 SEK (?300) and includes the possibility of suspending your license. You can calculate how much running a red light in Finland will be via the finnish police ticket calculator

I'm not sure if this should go in the "cool videos" or here so I'll leave it here. It's a train in Houston which seems to attract cars like a magnet. From Discovery Channels "Destroyed in Seconds"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwcYcedLxZc
For a red light when caught by a cop its $120 I think (too damn lazy to look up) and 2 points. When I got tagged by a camera (which was put in a BS place where if you go through a yellow on the light you get caught for a red because its a double light) it was $40 and no points because it only takes a picture of the plate.

You probably don't want to know what the cost of that Scandinavian ticket is.
I recently got a ticket for 35 over in NJ it's a $260 fine. In NY it would be around $400 fine + driver responsibility fee of $350 or so. (you have to pay a driver responsibility fee for any points over 6 I think and its 150 a point.

Today an 18 wheeler ran a red light in front of me, so the light was green for me, but there was a truck blocking the entire 4 lane road because the traffic was backed up:neutral:

^ What's really fun is when it's a bus, stopped at a bus stop before the light, that floors it and runs the red to block the intersection.

^Grrr! That happens here a lot!

I also love it when they pull out right in front of you when you really wouldn't expect them to. Technically, you're supposed to give way to them when they're leaving a bus stop - the moment they flick their indicators on. It can be a bit hard if you're pounding along at the speed limit and they decide to come charging out, and then flick on the indicators just as they reach the edge of the road, and they expect you to give way to them no matter how close you are at the time. You have to stand on the brakes to avoid getting a face full of several tonnes of frickin' bus. You're also hoping the guy behind you has anticipated that you're going to have to stop pretty damn quickly! It's either that or swerve around them into oncoming traffic. :blink:

ah yes the douchey busdrivers, we have them here too... they ALWAYS seem to get away with everything, even when they're at fault!
they also do the "I indicated so now I have the right to drive you off the road" thing and the basic everyday "I'm a bus so fuck you" get out of my way aggressive driving thing

Hmm, I try to let buses out. 5 seconds of my time is 100 man-seconds off everyone on the bus.

A couple days back, I did a drop-off at the airport and there were merging lanes leading back to the motorway. This douche in a W124 was just off my front wing and he started drifting into my lane, without signalling, of course. I gave him a quick double-honk, as opposed to the 2 fingered salute long honk. This guy eyeballed me as I pulled past, honked at me and flashed his lights. He then proceeded to drive behind me with his highbeams on for 10 miles on the motorway. I flicked my rear view mirror on dim and ignored him the whole way.

I got a few days off work and am really tempted to do a hard target search and leaving a note on his windscreen. Wrapped round a brick.

Last edited:
Smashed lambo cop....

Smashed lambo cop....

would of loved to have known how did it all happen...

Attachments

• Pics.jpg
    Pics.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 60
Hmm, I try to let buses out. 5 seconds of my time is 100 man-seconds off everyone on the bus.

I usually do too, my only problem with them is when you're doing 65 and are almost alongside when they merge back onto the road and then start indicating