Stupid Driver Stories

Men have a problem with throttle control. Women have a problem with steering control.

Solution:

Everyone needs to start out on motorcycles and learn to ride.
Then take up off road driving that demands exact wheel placement and throttle control (as well as brake).

Everyone is now a better driver.

Honestly none of this would be an issue of police arrested people for driving badly instead of quickly, but in summery it seems like it comes down to how much the person drives not gender anyway.

Though I'll admit I can't park well or anything slow moving. My best car control speed is probably 40 and can do fancy accident avoidance tricks that probably make the people near me piss themselves :lol:

Solution:

Everyone needs to start out on motorcycles and learn to ride.
Then take up off road driving that demands exact wheel placement and throttle control (as well as brake).

Everyone is now a better driver.

Or they can just drive in Massachusetts. Learn to predict and avoid all traffic accidents or die. Not even the cops use blinkers here and everyone goes 10 over all the time.

Last edited:
To be fair, a New Beetle is a PITA to park. Even I have trouble with Tiff's at times. It's so damn round you can't tell where the car ends. Even the front bumper is curved outward.

I have an easier time parking the X-Terra, our old Land Cruiser, or my old '76 Volvo than I do a Beetle.

That's why I can park well sideways but not front to back.
I do awesome side to side parking. Since my driveway is narrow I have to occasionally park flush to the cement wall so mom can fit her car past. We haven't done that lately though because she does not know how to maneuver the subaru yet and might accidentally drive over my car.

And if you're the 17 year old dickhead in the black HSV that was following me home today on the twisty back roads, when I'm doing over 110 kph I want to be able to see at LEAST your numberplate in my rearview, not just from your dashboard back. And when you've got the phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other, please be elsewhere kill someone else. Not me. I'm busy.

Just slow down (gently) until they get angry with you and pass you.

It's always good to have an inattentive speed freak ahead of you on the road..... they'll keep the cops busy. :p

He had tons of free road ahead, no one coming from the other direction and in the HSV certainly had the power to get past me. He was either being a douche or wanting to use my fuel instead of his.

I have an easier time parking the X-Terra, our old Land Cruiser, or my old '76 Volvo than I do a Beetle.
Many modern cars are so damn round and difficult to see out of. That's probably the reason they all have parking sensors now. You didn't need them in the old days.

And by the way, I admit that I am no good at all when it comes to parallel parking. Simple reason: Lack of practice. At home, at work, at the supermarket, at most other locations that have a parking lot I don't have to do parallel parking.

It's always good to have an inattentive speed freak ahead of you on the road..... they'll keep the cops busy. :p

:lol: I love cop catchers.

Many modern cars are so damn round and difficult to see out of. That's probably the reason they all have parking sensors now. You didn't need them in the old days.

And by the way, I admit that I am no good at all when it comes to parallel parking. Simple reason: Lack of practice. At home, at work, at the supermarket, at most other locations that have a parking lot I don't have to do parallel parking.

Also the development of the SUPER GIGANTIC pillars. I know I'll be grateful if I ever pull an icebone and roll my car, but for every day driving they block most of the important parts of my visual field.

for every day driving they block most of the important parts of my visual field.
Not just the A-pillars. Everytime I follow a cloverleaf Autobahn junction, I have to duck because in a straight sitting position all I see is the rear view mirror instead of the road where I actually go. The joys of being a tall person.

Also the development of the SUPER GIGANTIC pillars. I know I'll be grateful if I ever pull an icebone and roll my car, but for every day driving they block most of the important parts of my visual field.

The new "high shoulder" styling trend (AKA rolling pill-box) doesn't help either. That's why I love my X, it didn't fall prey to that stupid idea.

Thats the problem with modern BMWs and other manufacturers. They try to give the cars a high stance and large interiour volume but a low coupe roof. What they end up is a SUV with a oem-chopped roof.

A Countach must have a better rear-view than a X6. It just has a tiny viewing slit like on a tank at the back.

Was thinking of cutting off their hands and feet and setting the apartment on fire and watch them try to get out.
Or they can just drive in Massachusetts. Learn to predict and avoid all traffic accidents or die. Not even the cops use blinkers here and everyone goes 10 over all the time.
The cops are just douches I had them make lefts right in front of my car with all lights off (yes headlights too) after night fall. They think that just because they are cops they can do whatever they want. On my part I don't brake for them if they can make it good for them but if they can't......

I knew massholes drove slow only 10 over :D

Last edited:

I do that!

Never fails..I'm out driving, and some moron is so far up my tailpipe, I can't see their plates or even the front of their car.

If the other lane beside is blocked, meaning he cant go around..I'll take my foot off the accelerator and end up coasting along at 15 to 20mph. :p

I love to see their faces go from normal to red, then to purple as the drivers in the other lanes seem to know what I'm up to and not let them pass. :p

However, I have been sorely tempted to just slam on my brakes and let them buy me a new car.

Meh to slow down slowly.

I tap my brakes a couple times as a polite reminder to back off. Often it just makes them get closer to "teach me a lesson" or something.

FWD: Floor the gas and yank on the e-brake for just a second. This gives the illusion of a massive panic-stop but you actually gain ground (or at least don't slow down). The dickcheese behind you panics and slams on the brakes (I even had one dipshit spin it). Don't do this when other cars are around.

SUV with a trailer hitch or steel bumper: Wait for them to get really close, then just downshift two gears and let the car slow down without the brakes. Enjoy the sound of screeching tires sprinkled with the cinnamon-sweet goodness of sheer terror.

Works every time.

FWD: Floor the gas and yank on the e-brake for just a second. This gives the illusion of a massive panic-stop but you actually gain ground (or at least don't slow down). The dickcheese behind you panics and slams on the brakes (I even had one dipshit spin it). Don't do this when other cars are around.

*takes notes*

I'm tired of idiots parking like assholes, especially with the holiday shopping season and the limited parking.

I've started folding the side mirrors in on douchebag parkers.

One of these days I might end up "folding" a mirror that isn't made to fold.

You could "fold" electric mirrors, I think that works even though they arent really designed to do it. Or you could fold them the wrong way :)

Fail. I parallel park even when it's not needed, just to give me the practice. Otherwise when I really need to park in a hurry I forget how long my car is and either bump into the other car, or chicken out when I have 3 feet left. Either makes parking take forever

SUV with a trailer hitch or steel bumper: Wait for them to get really close, then just downshift two gears and let the car slow down without the brakes. Enjoy the sound of screeching tires sprinkled with the cinnamon-sweet goodness of sheer terror.

Works every time.

You evil, evil man.

Strange one, in Germany:

I was driving near Munich, fast lane out of three on a motorway, 120 kph limit. I was slowly overtaking a great number of car, when the limit changed to 100 (variable limit panels). I slowed down, and suddenly I saw everyone getting away (which is very strange already, since a few seconds earlier everyone was sticking to the limit quite carefully and wveryone was slightly slower than me...). and I noticed I was not in the right lane anymore. Seeing that a car was approaching on the central lane behind me (right lane free...), I decided to do what was right and avoid him the need to overtake me on the right, so I put my indicator on to make clear that I wanted to move right. I thought he would have waited for me to clear his route and either stayed in his lane or moved left, but didn't do any of these things, and maybe he accelerated a bit. Before he was too near, I proceeded to move right and then right again, to leave the faster lanes free for him; I got flashed and gestured once he had passed.

But the funniest part starts now: when the limit climbed up to 120 again, a short time later, I sped up to the limit again, and overtook him after a couple of km. After that, he fell back and I never saw him again.

Anyone (German) has any idea about what happened exactly and why people follow the speed limit only in some cases? Does anyone think that it would have been better to wait in the leftmost lane?

MWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA some idiot ran into the back of my friend's Trail Blazer in a GT-R, no pics but as she tells it he has a nice hole in his bumper from the trailer hitch