Stupid Driver Stories

I'll just have to wait and see, if I get a ticket in the mail...

Almost forgot to mention it here: I got off with just a warning :dance:

I think I'll avoid the route with the cameras the next time, just in case...

Almost forgot to mention it here: I got off with just a warning :dance:

I think I'll avoid the route with the cameras the next time, just in case...

I'm glad I live in a state that banned any type of photoenforcement. In some states that started using cameras the people realized that they could just ignore the summons that was mailed out - they had no way to actually prove that the person got the notice.

In some other states you could show up and say you weren't the one driving the car. I think California tried to solve this problem by passing a law that requires the owner of the vehicle to turn in the driver who was at the wheel or pay the fine. I would bet that gets challenged in court and shot down if anyone bothers to appeal it.

I'm glad I live in a state that banned any type of photoenforcement. In some states that started using cameras the people realized that they could just ignore the summons that was mailed out - they had no way to actually prove that the person got the notice.

In some other states you could show up and say you weren't the one driving the car. I think California tried to solve this problem by passing a law that requires the owner of the vehicle to turn in the driver who was at the wheel or pay the fine. I would bet that gets challenged in court and shot down if anyone bothers to appeal it.

In NY you have to provide proof someone else was driving.

So much for the burden of proof being on the prosecution.

Today I had a good one. I was at a light making a right onto a three-lane road. I pulled out into my closest lane with no problems and without getting in anyone's way. Three blocks later a blue compact pickup started to wander into my lane with no signal, I honked and flashed my lights, but he kept moving in, missing my front end by inches. He flipped me off and slammed on the brakes, then pulled into a parking lot.

At this point I did something dumb, I followed him into to lot. Yeah, yeah, I know, just save it. I know that I could have just driven on, but I have had it with drivers who think they can push everyone else on the road around. These entitled pricks are dangerous and they just go on with life because no one ever calls them on their bullshit. I did intend to have words with the assprick in question - the same way I have words with drivers who nearly hit me on my bike. The point is that I've been hit too many times to put up with people nearly taking me out.

The asshole pulled into the lot and immediately stopped and jumped out of his truck. A tiny little immigrant fuck that barely reached my shoulder. I got out of the car, wearing my western-style Fedora which makes me look about 2-3 inches taller than my already impressive 6'4" height. The little shit then starts yelling at me claiming that it's my fault because I ran a stop sign.

What? There is no stop sign, we were on the same fucking road. I let him yes for a moment before trying to calmly point out that there was no sign and that he nearly hit my car/pushed me off the road. He then comes charging over like he wants to get physical. This guy has got to be kidding, I pick my teeth with stuff bigger than him. He then starts calling me "fucker" and a bunch of other expletives and shouting that I need to learn to drive. Apparently he thinks that when I made my legal right turn behind him after I came to a full stop and waited for traffic to clear, I somehow infringed on his right of way. A difficult feat since he was already past me. This was his justification for trying to cause a wreck - and as a bonus, it happened three blocks before he tried to hit me.

"So you intentionally tried to cause a wreck. I'll tell that to the police."
At this point he launched into another diatribe of "fucks" and "Fuckers" while shouting that I needed to learn how to drive or he would "fuck me up."
I pulled my jacked up so I could reach my pistol and stepped out from behind the door so he could see it. He stopped and got really pale.
"You admit that you tried to hit me and cause a wreck, that constitutes assault. Now you have threatened me with violence. I suggest you take this one last chance to get in your car and drive away."

He backed towards his car with a few last "fucker"s and "learn to drive" before peeling out and taking off across the parking lot.

Yeah, I could have driven away, but this guy intentionally tried to hit my car for no reason other than he saw me make what he thought was an illegal turn behind him. I may have been able to drive off without a confrontation, but I have fucking had it with these people - and I guarantee that he will think twice before trying to use his car as a weapon ever again; and that is enough for me.

Last edited:
awesome, well done :p

That guy was trying to take "justice" into his own hands, like sadly a lot of people on the road try to do. They see someone else doing something "wrong" (and I?ve also had many times where people misjudge what?s "wrong" and what?s not) and then they try to punish them for it. Going slow, blocking lanes or even try to force them into some dangerous situation like it happend here.
You are not the Police! If you really need to do something because there?s a real loon in the other car, CALL THE POLICE. Don?t go "I?m going to teach them a lesson", that kind of agression only makes things worse and will put more people at danger. And sometimes try to remember that we all make mistakes here and there. Don?t go Ape because someone made a bloody mistake like having missed a sign. Save yourself the trouble and the other drivers some potentially dangerous situations ...

That guy was trying to take "justice" into his own hands, like sadly a lot of people on the road try to do. They see someone else doing something "wrong" (and I?ve also had many times where people misjudge what?s "wrong" and what?s not) and then they try to punish them for it. Going slow, blocking lanes or even try to force them into some dangerous situation like it happend here.
You are not the Police! If you really need to do something because there?s a real loon in the other car, CALL THE POLICE. Don?t go "I?m going to teach them a lesson", that kind of agression only makes things worse and will put more people at danger. And sometimes try to remember that we all make mistakes here and there. Don?t go Ape because someone made a bloody mistake like having missed a sign. Save yourself the trouble and the other drivers some potentially dangerous situations ...
have to agree with this

what if the dude had a gun and pointed it at you?
Whole lot of road rage can end badly because some guy may think you're going to beat him up when you weren't.

[...]what if the dude had a gun and pointed it at you?
Whole lot of road rage can end badly because some guy may think you're going to beat him up when you weren't.
I think you might have misunderstood me. I was siding with Blind_Io. The guy tried to (basically) hit Blinds car (or technically let Blinds Car hit his) because he thought Blind had made a mistake earlier. I might not have made that clear enough with how I wrote it ... my bad.

Last edited:
I should point out that I planned to have a calm conversation with the guy. This has happened when I ride - someone pulls out in front of me, I motion for them to roll the window down at the next light and calmly say, "I'm not sure if you noticed, but you nearly hit me back there. I just wanted to point it out because as a rider I'm very vulnerable."

The vast majority of the time this approach works great, the person is either apologetic for making the mistake or appalled that they didn't see me. It's a "kill them with kindness" approach - the worse they are the nicer I get.

As for calling the cops, it's pointless. They don't do anything for reports of this behavior, trust me, I've tried. Most the time Dispatch will say, "Unless an officer witnessed the act there's nothing we can do." Cops have no legal obligation to protect the public from crimes, such a vehicular assault.

I can't wait to get my armored bumpers, then I will just let these pricks hit me, damage their own cars and let the cops sort them out. Without actual swapping of paint, they don't show up - even if you do swap paint they sometimes don't show up.

Somebody had parked a Nissan Almera in my spot.

Due to my Christian Motoring Values, I did not go and scratch "h0m0 ass" into the paint with a key. Would've wanted to, though.

Someody just parked a Ford Fiesta on my front bumper AND front grille, leaving a nice 30cm-long series of scratches on the bumper and other minor bruisings on the grille (luckily, I think a good polish treatment should solve the greater part of the problem). Both of them had been repainted just two months ago and still perfect. The Fiesta clearly tried to park in a small space in front of me and "had to" bump a couple of times on my car to enter the spot. The thought of crushing one of the Fiesta's backlights seriously stepped into my mind before I decided to leave. After all, someone someone who cares so few about the car as to use it as a heavy-bouncing parking assistant wouldn't have even noticed a shattered light.

Last edited:
The thought of crushing one of the Fiesta's backlights seriously stepped into my mind before I decided to leave. After all, someone someone who cares so few about the car as to use it as a heavy-bouncing parking assistant wouldn't have even noticed a shattered light.

Smash one of the side windows, he'll notice that most certainly! :p

I hope you remembered to write down his numberplate.

Someody just parked a Ford Fiesta on my front bumper AND front grille, leaving a nice 30cm-long series of scratches on the bumper and other minor bruisings on the grille (luckily, I think a good polish treatment should solve the greater part of the problem). Both of them had been repainted just two months ago and still perfect. The Fiesta clearly tried to park in a small space in front of me and "had to" bump a couple of times on my car to enter the spot. The thought of crushing one of the Fiesta's backlights seriously stepped into my mind before I decided to leave. After all, someone someone who cares so few about the car as to use it as a heavy-bouncing parking assistant wouldn't have even noticed a shattered light.
A gasoline soaked rag in his fuel filler and a bit-o-fire would do some good. Get 3M car laminate more or less the only thing that would protect you.

There's no pedestrians in sight, what's the big deal? That's a bit nit-picky, especially for a car with an L placard.