Stupid Driver Stories

That's because you have to concentrate on seeing police and drop the phone before they see you.
Without that, your physical capability to steer the car is no worse than with any other reason for one-handed driving, like holding a drink or a cigarette, or changing a CD. The talking to someone on the phone reduces your mental capability, though. But it does that with a hands-free kit, too. As flydiscovery said, your own passenger (hopefully) knows when to shut up because of traffic, a person on the phone doesn't AND is more difficult to understand in most cases.
The extend to which using the phone while driving reduces driving capability is more dependent on the driver's general abilities than on whether a hands-free kit is used.

I generally only talk using my speakerphone and its almost always while driving on the highway. Mostly straight no traffic lights, no pedestrians, etc... easy enough to concentrate on both. City driving though is a bit too hectic to do that with.

Protip: When a sign says "One way, no entry" it does not mean "One way, entry granted to four douchebags in a Chevy Corsica."

Have pity on me...

This is where I live.

This is why, for most of the year, you will hear me do little more than bitch about the drivers in my area.

A direct quote:

"On Maize Road just south of E. Cooke Road, drivers have to wind around a series of traffic-calming islands that are meant to force drivers to slow down and carefully maneuver through an S-bend.

"You have to jog to the right and then left, and people are just not smart enough to do that..."

Please, if you see me post something about stupid ass drivers...and my posts look like nothing more than the postings by a seemingly raving lunatic woman...

Please, do not neg rep me..but send me beer. In bulk, please. :-(

^ There was a guy at the military who I worked with who had lost his driving license for two years. He was driving home from a night out, totally drunk obviously. What he forgot was that his street had just been made a 30-kph-zone and equipped with those traffic islands to drive around. So when he entered the street with what he said must have been 100 kph, he ramped one of them islands, totally lost control of the car, ruined several front gardens and ended up mowing down a cable tv distribution box for the district, which meant no tv for two weeks for all the neighbors.

Last edited:
If someone did something like when they were drunk, (as I'm working on right now, trust me) I could almost understand how it happened.

But to say that people just aren't smart enough to drive right, then left: It just boggles the mind.

Out the front of work people like to make illegal u-turns at the intersection, at least twice a day, usually during peak-hour traffic. The driver is almost always old. Often they block both right hand lanes inbound and outbound from the city on a main road for minutes at a time, completely ignoring the other motorists honking horns, yelling and gesturing at them. Often they turn in front of oncoming cars. At least once a month there is an accident.

It is possible to make a legal turn about 50yards further down the road, but obviously thats way too far to drive. :?

When i had nothing better to do i would run out the front and make sure the driver could see me photographing them with my phone. I can't be bothered sending the photos to the police because i know they wouldn't do anything. Hopefully i scared some of them into not doing it again.

https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quadrax/2010/01/07/29042009_001.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quadrax/2010/01/07/02052009_005.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quadrax/2010/01/07/11062009_001.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quadrax/2010/01/07/25032009.jpg

Out of my way, i'm a motorist!
https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quadrax/2010/01/07/25032009_001.jpg

Still sitting there...
https://pic.armedcats.net/q/qu/quadrax/2010/01/07/29042009.jpg

Last edited:
And if this was your mechanic, you'd be a little pissed

A PERTH doctor is unable to recover his $200,000 Lamborghini after it was seized by police who caught his mechanic driving it at speeds up to 70km/h over the limit.
The mechanic was allegedly clocked driving the luxury vehicle at more than 160km/h in a 90km/h zone in Perth's east yesterday.
The doctor who owned the car had left it in the care of the garage where the mechanic worked.
Under Western Australia's anti-hoon laws, police can impound any car exceeding the speed limit by more than 60km/h, even if it is not the property of the driver.

^ Doesn't make sense. The article makes a big deal about the model of car but really it's irrelevant. If the doctor has his car seized by police and they refuse to return it despite the doctor not having committed any crime, then that is nothing more than legalized theft of the vehicle by police.

It doesn't punish the guy who was driving so what is the point? I knew these laws were a joke from the start.

Speaking of illegal U-turns, there's one section of road with a quite popular street at right angles, which goes to a few stores, etc., but you can't turn onto it, if you're coming from the far side, since there's a full line there and yet, almost every day, when I go to to class on that road, I have to wait for a minute or two or five, cause some idiot wants to turn into it and just keeps holing up traffic. Not to mention there's a roundabout 10 metres down the road...

And I've ran a red light once in my life, while doing a roadvlog. :p

^ It is. On south rd where castle plaza is.
It pisses me off so much.

Have pity on me...

This is where I live.

This is why, for most of the year, you will hear me do little more than bitch about the drivers in my area.

A direct quote:

"On Maize Road just south of E. Cooke Road, drivers have to wind around a series of traffic-calming islands that are meant to force drivers to slow down and carefully maneuver through an S-bend.

"You have to jog to the right and then left, and people are just not smart enough to do that..."

Please, if you see me post something about stupid ass drivers...and my posts look like nothing more than the postings by a seemingly raving lunatic woman...

There is one thing I don't understand:

Basically, roads are (or should be) designed so that everyone, even the stupidest monkey in this world, can drive or walk by safely. Every road rule, from speed limits to how to overtake a car, is made to allow even dumb-as-a-doorhandle Joe to not be a danger to himself or anyone else.

What I don't understand, then, is why they are still allowing those blocks of concrete set exactly in the middle of the road. It is clear that they are dangerous and that people will continue to crash into them, regardless of everything else, so why are they still there? Why has driver's safety become an option?

Seriously, people must be educated, not tempted into believing that they can do everything lightly, including driving, and then sadisticly punished because their lightness of action will eventually result in a driving failure.

Last edited:
Have pity on me...

This is where I live.

A direct quote:

I'm one of those jackasses who would fly through those just as fast as possible, traffic/pedestrian permitting. It's not too awful difficult to hook right, then left, really...

Also, I came across quite a bit of baffling stuff (as in: "WHY!?") when I was up in Columbus to visit some friends. Annoyed me, because I had never come across stuff like it before. Red light right next to a RR track, but it was green when a train was coming... and an IDIOT nearly smacking into the train... *sigh*

Last edited:
In a 55mph zone, it's fast enough to put you in a world of hurt, one way or the other. You go break the law in your own city.

To the Minivan driver - DO NOT PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ANOTHER VEHICLE WHEN THE ROADS ARE SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY. There were no cars behind me and they couldn't wait 3 seconds for me to pass them by.
To the joggers - Dressing in black, running in the road and not facing traffic in the dark. Are you trying to commit suicide?
To the SUV and 4X4 trucks - I drive a car with wide tires, I can not go as fast as you want me to in the snow. My car likes the ditch if I go to fast. Driving behind almost on my bumper, where all I can see in my mirrors are headlights, will not make me go faster if anything I'm going to slow down. Either pass me or back off!

All in a matter of 30 minutes.

Do people not know how to walk on the road where there are no sidewalks? You walk facing traffic so you can see the cars coming at you. I live in the burbs we have a few sidewalks, but most areas don't have any. I see people walking with their backs to the traffic all the time do they not know or do they not care?

Last edited: