Stupid Driver Stories

Ha, he's a crazy bastard. He's found that A-pillar mounted spotlight is perfect for annoying people at night. Someone cuts you off, aim it at them, flip it on and keep it pointed at them until you're passing them. No one can look threatening or angry when they're squinting like that haha.

ROFL

Friend of mine, who drives a CVPI, is the king of that. I don't know how he's comfortable getting so close to other cars in that tank. A couple weeks ago he actually hit the mirror of another car with his own mirror. I'd say he has a road rage problem but he just does it because he thinks it's funny to screw with bad drivers.

Have you seen how cheap CVPI body parts are? That's why. These things are tanks with cheap-to-fix-or-replace armor - part of why I got this one for my mom.

Ha, he's a crazy bastard. He's found that A-pillar mounted spotlight is perfect for annoying people at night. Someone cuts you off, aim it at them, flip it on and keep it pointed at them until you're passing them. No one can look threatening or angry when they're squinting like that haha.

Drivers must be a lot dumber up there; nobody down here cuts off a CVPI.

Last edited:
Have you seen how cheap CVPI body parts are? That's why. These things are tanks with cheap-to-fix-or-replace armor - part of why I got this one for my mom.
Heh, when you're doing that stuff at 75mph you risk a lot more than some creased fenders.

That said, he and I used to hit each other's cars at lights and the like. But that (mostly :p) stopped when I got the steel-bumpered F150. Nice change of pace since he could really bully that E30 around.

Drivers must be a lot dumber up there; nobody down here cuts off a CVPI.
Neighboring county is the 19th richest (by median income) in the US. Lots of really oblivious/arrogant drivers driving really expensive cars around here. That's part of the reason I enjoy that F150 so much. The pure troll factor of driving something so old and ugly is great.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sir,

I understand you're from out of state and therefore might not be comfortable in our twisted excuse of a road grid, but regardless of geographical location, there are certain driving practices that we Pennsylvanians expect you to follow because they are universal. Even in New York, which saw fit to certify you as a motor vehicle operator.

These driving practices include:
  • Signaling your turns
  • Waiting for an appropriately large gap in oncoming traffic before turning left
  • NOT DOING A 3-POINT TURN IN THE ENTRANCE OF A PARKING LOT THAT SOME PEOPLE MAY WISH TO ACCESS

Thank you for visiting your friendly neighbor to the south. Should you have any more questions about driving in the state of Pennsylvania, or acceptable driving practices in any state of the Union, please sod off see your local DMV for license revocation.

Sincerely,

A Pissed Off Commuter

On a similar note, it boggles my mind how many people don't seem to be able to figure out freeway on-ramps. A hint for all those I witnessed trying to enter the freeway today: All that length of the on-ramp is not for continuing on at the city street speed limit, only to try to accelerate to freeway speed once you're on the freeway, forcing everyone already on the freeway and travelling at the appropriate speed to dodge around you. You are supposed to be at freeway speed once you reach the freeway. That pedal that makes your car go. push it down further!

I think people have an inherent fear of pushing the accelerator pedal down to far. It's weird, but true.

They think, "OH NOES, My car is being loud, something must be wrong."

I encounter that a lot. The easiest way round that (literally) is move over to the middle/left lane before reaching the merging point, and then lol at people in the right lane having to slow down to 50km/h :p

On a similar note, it boggles my mind how many people don't seem to be able to figure out freeway on-ramps. A hint for all those I witnessed trying to enter the freeway today: All that length of the on-ramp is not for continuing on at the city street speed limit, only to try to accelerate to freeway speed once you're on the freeway, forcing everyone already on the freeway and travelling at the appropriate speed to dodge around you. You are supposed to be at freeway speed once you reach the freeway. That pedal that makes your car go. push it down further!

Current gas prices aren't helping, and people don't realize that for a lot of cars, WOT is the most efficient means of acceleration as you can let off after a short while instead of a much longer period of lesser throttle.

Expect to see more ramp turtles in future.

Last edited:
I am sorely tempted to ram these idiots every time every time they do that. I have to fucking red line my car to get up to 60 from a stop without getting rear ended. At this point if the person in front of me is slowing down going down the ramp I stop at the beginning instead so I can build up speed to merge.

I'm with the rest of the pack here, fucking hate it, especially when you are getting from one of those that you have to stop on the end of. This one NEVER fails, there is one near me that is so short that most of the time you will have to stop no way around it. The times you don't have to stop you will have a moron in front of you who merges on the highway going the same 30mph or so he would on the street and SLOOOOOOWLY gets to about 40 (limit is 50) meanwhile I'm in 2nd pedal to the metal to get to normal speed so I can go into middle then left and have to either wait for a HUGE gap or be a dick and cut off the people in the middle because of the cunt in the right lane accelerating at 1mph2. This doesn't depend on the car either, I've seen beat to shit minivans and AMG Mercs do the same fucking thing.

Here is the kicker my car is not that fucking fast, its about on par 0-60 with most current gen sedans and NYC generally sees higher end vehicles (there are TONS of V6 and above running around) so I KNOW its not the difference in performance.

Yeah, I also have to floor it just to get my car to accelerate at a decent pace. Another problem I have is that around Pittsburgh, on-ramps are either really short or non-existent. So even with a powerful car, you have to give it quite a lot of gas.

What's more annoying are those people who go all the way to the end of the ramp and stop. In those cases I just wait at the beginning at of the ramp for them to move out of the way so that I don't crash into the back of them as I try to merge.

There's this one on ramp I take frequently which is rather short. You can't enter the ramp at a good speed because it is preceded by a really tight turn (when you enter the ramp, you're doing 20 at best). Usually when there's no one else on the ramp and traffic is not very heavy I can just charge down the ramp without having to stop first. However, in those instances when there's some dumbass who's stopped at the end of the ramp because he/she couldn't merge properly and/or traffic is really heavy, I stop right at the beginning of the ramp. Once/if the ramp ahead is clear, I look for an opening. As I see one approaching that's big enough, I weld the gas pedal to the floor. If I time it right, I'll be able to squeeze into traffic doing at least 50 without having to lift off and the guy behind me won't have to slow down much, if at all.

Recently I've tried to get my POS car off the line faster by stalling the torque converter as I'm about to take off. It helps.

I don't floor it on the on ramps, but I have a 4.0L so I don't really have to. I do go wide-open-throttle on the bike, but only because it's fun.

Yeah, I'm stuck with an arthritic 2.2L that has less power than my washing machine.

On the previous page I posted a story about some dumbass in a Toyota Avalon who nearly drove the wrong way down a busy one-way street. Well, today I saw the same thing at the same intersection, except this time it was a young woman in a white early-90s Merc E-class.
She nearly crashed into a silver Jeep.

Talk about oblivious drivers...

What is more: People who just go left left left! right after the on ramps, without watching at mirrors first:
From 150km/h (95mph) to 60km/h (38mph) in some seconds for me twice this month :S

I used to complain that my Sebring was slow, but it was a 2.0 with 150 HP, and it actually is looking like that was pretty damn good for 1996.

That's a lot better than my car...

...115HP from the 2.2.
Yeah, it's a piece of junk.

I used to complain that my Sebring was slow, but it was a 2.0 with 150 HP, and it actually is looking like that was pretty damn good for 1996.

I'm pretty sure that was a 2.4.

Edit: Nope, the Coupe had a 2.0 with 150 hp and the convertible had a 2.4 with 150 hp...:?

Last edited:
Ha! I can do better than that -
100HP from the 1.6 4A-FE engine!

I can't wait til I get a new car.

I think he was pointing out how little HP he has in proportion to the size of his engine (2.2L, 115 hp = 45.5 hp/L). For you, 100hp from a 1.6 ain't too bad (62.5 hp/L). That's also why thevictor390 was impressed by the hp/L (75) of his old Sebring.