Stupid Driver Stories

Time for a good stupid driver story. You guys will love this.

I am so tempted to neg rep you right now.

Not for running the stop sign - hell, everybody has done that at one time or another. Especially in this state. There's a reason why it's called a "California stop".

No. Not that.

TURN YOUR BASEBALL CAP AROUND AND WEAR IT PROPERLY!!!

Reactions: LP
Sometimes it is usefull to wear it backwards. Like when changing the oil on a car that has a slight leak, it acts the same way a firemans helmet does and keeps the oil from getting into your hair and down your shirt. But, it should not be worn like that all of the time.

EDIT:

Last edited:
In police-related and slightly weird news, police ticketed a man boy for speeding on his bicycle yesterday, doing 58km/h in a 50-zone which cost him 1500:-

YES!!! Some justice after all! Thank you Sweden!

I had a nice one yesterday, too:

It was at this crossing, which is part of my daily drive back home from work:

5814589031_e64efef6a9_b.jpg

1 = Me, waiting at the redlight to turn left, and the opposite traffic, waiting to go straight across.

2 = A bus, turning left and thus having driven into the middle of the crossing, waiting for a gap in the opposite traffic.

3 = A guy in an Audi A4, who also wants to turn left and has squeezed himself behind the bus into the crossing way beyond the stop line.

Finally lights turned red for the cars at 4 and the bus could make its left-turn. Slowly, like buses are. At the same time of course, cars waiting at 1 get green.

Now you have to know, that at this crossing, at that time of the day, the greenlight for the cars at 1 only lasts about 10 seconds. So everyone is very keen on setting off immediately.

Unfortunately, the guy in the Audi A4 at 3 didn't realize the situation and still stood there. He remained standing in the middle of the crossing, while the lights showed red for him again and traffic from left and right was coming in.

Knowing about the 5 second time window and having about 25 cars waiting behind me, I and the driver opposite of me accelerated. I let him pass and did my turn, which of course meant further blocking the guy in the Audi A4, who was now on my right, had finally grasped the situation and started moving. But because I (and the folks from the other direction) didn't want to wait any longer, he was now trapped in the middle of the crossing, with cars passing in front and behind him.

Next thing that happens and what I saw through my rear mirror, is that 1 gets redlight again and cars there stop. But again the Audi A4 driver doesn't react fast enough and is again forced to stop, because the traffic from 4, which has now green again, sets off.

The beauty of this was, that not a single car got all "Christian driving" and left that guy some space. It was like about 20 drivers unspokenly decided to let that idiot cook in his embarrassment there in the middle of the crossing.

So what's the lesson from this story?

When you want to turn left and have a bus in front of you, then for heaven's sake wait at the stopline, instead of squeezing yourself into the crossing!!! That bloody bus won't move fast enough out of your way to prevent you from getting stuck in in the middle of the crossing, when the cars from left and right get green!!!

Last edited:
That's not a lesson that should be learned from experience, it's a RULE. If you're not sure you'll be able to clear the intersection before the other direction gets a green light, DO NOT ENTER IT.

That's not a lesson that should be learned from experience, it's a RULE. If you're not sure you'll be able to clear the intersection before the other direction gets a green light, DO NOT ENTER IT.
You are both wrong. The lesson is, you floor it and go around the bus. Especially if you are an Audi driver, you have the obligation to drive like a cock! (otherwise BMW wins)

I thought the lesson was to build crossings that has lights for vehicles turning left. An even better lession learned would be a roundabout.

Today's trip was free of major bad driving for me, altough I did drive 115km/h in fifth gear for about 50km before I suddenly remembered I have a 6th gear!

Last edited:
Today's trip was free of major bad driving for me, altough I did drive 115km/h in fifth gear for about 50km before I suddenly remembered I have a 6th gear!

XDDD
To me it happens when I switch to M mode (yeah, it's an auto, FML), stop at a traffic light, and forget I did that. So I accelerate, engine revs up to 4000rpm before I realise what's happening XD

I am so tempted to neg rep you right now.

Not for running the stop sign - hell, everybody has done that at one time or another. Especially in this state. There's a reason why it's called a "California stop".

No. Not that.

TURN YOUR BASEBALL CAP AROUND AND WEAR IT PROPERLY!!!

Never!

I%20lied.jpg

I wore it frontwards today, except when I had to take pictures.

XDDD
To me it happens when I switch to M mode (yeah, it's an auto, FML), stop at a traffic light, and forget I did that. So I accelerate, engine revs up to 4000rpm before I realise what's happening XD

A DSG would be ideal for me I think. My commute is 80km of near straight E-road interrupted by queues in morning and afternoon. A car that drives itself would be even better. Invent one pls.

Last edited:
Ooh. What we need now is a bed with seatbelts. Real cars that we can buy today (like say the S/V60) comes pretty close without being driverless, adaptive cruise (I want that), BLIS, lane control systems, driver alert, rainsense. Add automatic gearbox and it's nearly autonomous. Except you have to hold on to the thing to turn.

In tragic news, the news yesterday that police had ticketed a 17-year old on a bicycle turned out to be false, after being swallowed up by every news media in the country. Local police say they have not ticketed anyone on a bike and done no speed controls in the alleged area this year. Story originated from a tiny country magazine staffed by apparently bored journalists.

Edit

Seatbelt bed success!

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2011/06/10/bed.gif

Last edited:

So neither of them hit one another but thought it a better idea to argue/rampage rather than back up and each use a different lane on a two lane street?

This happened today during random videotaping of norwegian weather and traffic:

See the black car on the right? Yeah, there was another one right behind it doing the exact same thing. She missed the passenger side door by 5-10cm..

Hehe, damn bicycle riders. I (and a guy that was walking behind me) removed one from their bike as they flew along the foot path and collected a couple walking in the same direction. Boy did we get yelled at by his lycra wearing friends. I'm sorry but I just can't feel threatened by a man in bright orange/yellow/pink lycra.

You have a bike lane and the road. Use it. If you run into someone (it happens), stop and render assistance....

Hehe, damn bicycle riders. I (and a guy that was walking behind me) removed one from their bike as they flew along the foot path and collected a couple walking in the same direction. Boy did we get yelled at by his lycra wearing friends. I'm sorry but I just can't feel threatened by a man in bright orange/yellow/pink lycra.

You have a bike lane and the road. Use it. If you run into someone (it happens), stop and render assistance....
I object to this blasphemy. :p

I love when cyclists have a perfectly smooth 2+ metre wide shoulder to ride along, but yet they choose to ride on the white line on the edge of the road. Sorry, but what's wrong with all that unused tarmac? Does it hurt your lycra? It's there, please use it.

This happened today during random videotaping of norwegian weather and traffic:
*video*

See the black car on the right? Yeah, there was another one right behind it doing the exact same thing. She missed the passenger side door by 5-10cm..

That is a disgrace to Polo drivers. She doesn't deserve that car D:

what's wrong with all that unused tarmac?
The fact that it's unused and therefore full of dirt, little stones, pieces of broken glass, etc. Mostly, anyway. If the shoulder is in a condition to be used, I do it gladly.