Stupid Driver Stories

Ha! I can top that...I think.

I have a huge home theater system, which is my pride and joy. :heart: My mom however cannot use a remote to save her life.

"I just want to watch TV, is this the right one? I put a DVD in the player and I can hear it, but I cant see it on the TV. Oh darn, I just turned the TV off, but I can still hear it. Where the DVD button!?"

Every. Damn. Day.

So, I went and got a really nice Logitech Harmony universal remote. The one that looks like an iPad, with pictures and everything. Totally idiot proof.

I programmed all the macros for her. One to watch TV, one to watch the DVD, one for the VCR...ect. It sits on its little stand, and all she has to do for ANYTHING is push the icon for what she want. Even to select if she wants the surround on or not. Simple. Right?

Nope. She still manages to screw it up. Every. Damn. Time!

I have a huge home theater system, which is my pride and joy. :heart: My mom however cannot use a remote to save her life.

"I just want to watch TV, is this the right one? I put a DVD in the player and I can hear it, but I cant see it on the TV. Oh darn, I just turned the TV off, but I can still hear it. Where the DVD button!?"

Every. Damn. Day.

So, I went and got a really nice Logitech Harmony universal remote. The one that looks like an iPad, with pictures and everything. Totally idiot proof.

I programmed all the macros for her. One to watch TV, one to watch the DVD, one for the VCR...ect. It sits on its little stand, and all she has to do for ANYTHING is push the icon for what she want. Even to select if she wants the surround on or not. Simple. Right?

LOL sounds like my g/f for some reason the Harmony confuses her. She uses all other tech just fine though, PC, smartphone, scanning/printing. I'm so confused WHY the remote is he nemesis :)

Every. Damn. Day.

Yup. Apparently it takes my dad 20 minutes how to figure out how to turn his new TV and surround system on. Every time.

It's rigged up to just ONE button labelled "EVERYTHING" on the remote.

I must offer my sincerest apologies to you good sir, for as I read this post I thought I had mistakenly stumbled into the 'Parked like an idiot' thread. :p

Now that you mention it XDDD

It's a driveway to their parking, I stopped at the entrance so I could have the Volvo in the same pic :p

Yesterday I had some dingy blonde in a new Civic make a left turn in front of the X while I was doing about 40 mph on a 6-lane street. Fortunately, the tires I put on there grip as well on pavement as they do off road and I was able to bring the X up short of parking on her hood, tortured rubber screaming in protest the whole time. Everything inside the car ended up in the footwells.

The dumb thing is that she pulled out to make her turn, saw me and then stopped, then she just sat there with a stupid look on her face listening to my giant fuck-you horn blasting through her window while blocking all three northbound lanes.

Last edited:
how much longer till you have that bumper on there?

I need to do suspension first so it can take the weight, I thought I would be able to get it done this year, but with the house shopping and Kiki's car repair it probably won't happen for a while. Once we get the house pretty much everything is going to be sunk into upkeep, buying new tools, etc.

After about $2,200 in suspension I can start looking at bumpers, and those run about $1,000, not including lights or winch. There is a guy locally with an awesome bumper he built for himself and he said he was going to replace it with a new model he was prototyping. I hope that he will be willing to sell it to me for a discount. He also said that he might be getting a new lift, so maybe I can score the lift kit I want used.

On the discussion about talking on the phone and driving.
20110524-173716.jpg

Yeah, you can tell it's fake because the reflection on the truck reads something else, but still lulz (and true)

If I remember correctly, that came from a website that would generate pictures with whatever you wanted it to say on the sign. Wish I could find it, was a lot of fun, but was also right in the middle of the "all your base" firestorm.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/as/ashspet/2011/07/02/roundabout.jpg

Coming up to a roundabout at the end of the highway, slowing down from 80 kph (and yes, that's the speed that is done for the most part due to a speed camera right before the roundabout). I'm in the left hand lane (green arrow), Mirage (orange arrow) in the right hand lane. We both see the car coming around the roundabout that we have to give way too (blue arrow). Three guys in their respective cars (a celica, ford laser and pulsar) come flying up behind us, weaving between lane 1 and 2. Obvoiusly haven't seen that we're slowing so suddenly are right up our backsides, to the point that I could see the guy in the celica braced as he jammed hard on his brakes as he came within a hair's breadth of ending up in the back seat of the mirage. The other two don't have the reaction times and end up trying to brake in the slight gap between the mirage and myself.

As the turning car passes, the mirage and myself enter the roundabout, and all three of the dickhead-driven cars try to push between us to create their own third lane. Needless to say the guy in the mirage is taking it a little slower that I am (those cars are not the most responsive) and the dickheads end up undertaking the mirage, and overtaking me just as we exit the roundabout.

It's not one, it's dozens. People with newer, heavier, cars (SUVs are the best example) who like to go faster and then, when the bends arrive, don't trust themselves or their vehicle and cut the bend going with two wheels over the lines and into someone else's lane. Yes, this means going on the wrong side of the road too.

Please, if you are afraid of taking the bend at a certain speed, either learn to drive or slow down, stepping on other lanes is dangerous!

I've come arou d bends on the moto and had SUVs or vans halfway in my lane. Scary as all hell.

A guy I know in California was nearly killed this way, his tire passed under the car's mirror and he was leaning off the road. The local moto forum tracked the bastard down by his vanity plate.

Last edited:
Yep people can't take turns for shit. I was getting on the highway with a car in front of me and it was a fairly mild bend (on-ramp) I like to take it somewhat spirited so I generally end up having go slow down for highway traffic when merging after it. This retard was going 40 on it, so as soon as we get to a straight away he punches it but then there was a bend in the road (mind you this is a highway you can take it at 120 easily*) he slows down to 50 and as soon as he clears it goes back up to at least 80....
*I would estimate, I would NEVER go that fast on a public road :wink:

This weekend I learned the difference between traveling on a holiday weekend and any other time of the year. The interstates were full of people who, it appears, had wandered out of their city or town for the first time in their lives. Over the last month, Kiki and I have driven to Los Angeles and back three times. Over the past year... well, I've lost track of how often we've done the trip, but it's starting to feel like a commute.

This trip, however, was a different thing entirely. The road was full of nimrods wandering all over the place, left lane squatters doing the limit or less while pacing another vehicle, abrupt lane changers, and idiots who took any break in traffic to the right as a chance to try to zoom ahead and dart back into the passing lane regardless of traffic.

All you vacationers who have never driven between states before: Get the hell off the road and leave this to the real drivers who do this more than once a year.

This weekend I learned the difference between traveling on a holiday weekend and any other time of the year. The interstates were full of people who, it appears, had wandered out of their city or town for the first time in their lives. Over the last month, Kiki and I have driven to Los Angeles and back three times. Over the past year... well, I've lost track of how often we've done the trip, but it's starting to feel like a commute.

This trip, however, was a different thing entirely. The road was full of nimrods wandering all over the place, left lane squatters doing the limit or less while pacing another vehicle, abrupt lane changers, and idiots who took any break in traffic to the right as a chance to try to zoom ahead and dart back into the passing lane regardless of traffic.

All you vacationers who have never driven between states before: Get the hell off the road and leave this to the real drivers who do this more than once a year.

I drove down to D.C. this weekend so I guess that makes me one of them. To be fair though, the worst driving we saw was in New York, screw the Masshole stereotype.

I drove down to D.C. this weekend so I guess that makes me one of them. To be fair though, the worst driving we saw was in New York, screw the Masshole stereotype.

I'm really not sure where the Masshole stereotype came from, 99% of cases I have to push them out of my way for going too damn slow.

That sounds like normal everyday Detroit Metro area rush hour traffic to me. You forgot the trailers, motor-homes, and the last of the truckers on the road that won't stay out of the center lane and ride along with those left lane blockers slowing the whole thing to a crawl. I try to stay off the expressways the day before and after a holiday weekend.

Yeah. The Wright brothers invented airplanes to keep you asshats out of our hair. GET OFF OUR ROADS.

Driving through a side street on my way home from my friend's birthday party last night, I came across some guys in a bright orange ricer VL Commodore (I think you can see where this is going) trying some water pan style 'drifting' and rear-wheel spinning on the wet tarmac (it has been pouring with rain here for the past couple of days). Anyway, they were kind enough to stop momentarily and let me drive through. I got to the end of the road at a low visibility T-intersection where I have to stop and look carefully for any oncoming traffic, when I looked up in my rear-view mirror just in time to see the idiot loose the rear in the middle of a skid, and slide right into the curb with a thunk I heard from inside my own car. The three guys inside jumped out immediately and began looking carefully at the right rear wheel - he must've bent one of his massive ugly chromies.

Suffice to say, I continued home going: :lol: