Stupid Driver Stories

oh wow

Just now.

Going 40mph in a 45 in the second to right lane, a women on the phone in the left turn lane(3 lanes away) decided oh I dont want to turn left and floors her accord, I saw her doing this, she keeps getting closer and closer, I was thinking she will go into the lane next to me on the left, nope she goes right into my lane. My front left corner was going to hit dead center on her B pillar. Obviously she did not even look since she was too distracted with her phone.

I had to slam on the brake, ABS and everything to a stop and laid on the horn. I get into the left lane and go see this person, they just put their hand up to their face like they are hiding. I loled pretty good.

And there is a day in South Florida ha

Last edited:
oh wow

Just now.

Going 40mph in a 45 in the second to right lane, a women on the phone in the left turn lane(3 lanes away) decided oh I dont want to turn left and floors her accord, I saw her doing this, she keeps getting closer and closer, I was thinking she will go into the lane next to me on the left, nope she goes right into my lane. My front left corner was going to hit dead center on her B pillar. Obviously she did not even look since she was too distracted with her phone.

I had to slam on the brake, ABS and everything to a stop and laid on the horn. I get into the left lane and go see this person, they just put their hand up to their face like they are hiding. I loled pretty good.

And there is a day in South Florida ha

You had to slam on the brakes and the ABS? :hmm: :p

Yo, dawg...

Well I have a ton from the weekend but they are boring, there was some dumbass high and driving 30 on a highway, some idiot driving on a donut on the highway at highway speeds and so on.

No the one that takes the cake was me....
Was following my friend from his g/f's house back to his house, I don't make that drive very often so I don't really know where I'm going for the most part. To make matters worse a minivan got sandwiched between the two of us when we were setting off (had to pop a U to set off). Normally I can keep track of his car pretty well but on this one intersection it looked like he made a right because I couldn't see him up ahead anymore. So I make a right and end up wrong way in a one way... Luckily there were no cars and I had enough room to make a quick U-turn and get back out like a normal person. :fail: :p

While I was a passenger in the car yesterday, we saw some terrible driving by someone in a new Honda Civic.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lo/loz/2011/07/18/shitty_driver.jpg

Basically we were comming upto this roundabout in the proper lane (Red) while the idiot in the Civic (Green) was on the inside of the roundabout going what seemed like a million MPH. As we got to the exit we wanted, the Civic decided to pull out infront of us from the inside lane right before the turning, with another car infront of us, the Civic braked quite hard, and it's suprising we didn't hit it.

Also, a bit further down the road at a legal overtaking bit of the road, we were going for an overtake only for the twat in the Civic to speed up to prevent us from overtaking.

I was at a slight incline at a stop light. I didn't push the brake pedal hard enough and i was sliding back. I didn't realize this until I had moved 2 feet back over about 10 seconds. Luckily the guy behind me was far enough back that I didn't hit him. I felt like an idiot.

While I was a passenger in the car yesterday, we saw some terrible driving by someone in a new Honda Civic.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lo/loz/2011/07/18/shitty_driver.jpg

Basically we were comming upto this roundabout in the proper lane (Red) while the idiot in the Civic (Green) was on the inside of the roundabout going what seemed like a million MPH. As we got to the exit we wanted, the Civic decided to pull out infront of us from the inside lane right before the turning, with another car infront of us, the Civic braked quite hard, and it's suprising we didn't hit it.

Also, a bit further down the road at a legal overtaking bit of the road, we were going for an overtake only for the twat in the Civic to speed up to prevent us from overtaking.
Actually, you should have taken the first exit, being in that lane.

When did you enter the roundabout? At the sam time he was passing? Before the Civic had passed your entrance? After? By how much time?

(sorry for the ton of questions, I just had to condense everything into one single message).

When did you enter the roundabout? At the sam time he was passing? Before the Civic had passed your entrance? After? By how much time?

(sorry for the ton of questions, I just had to condense everything into one single message).

We were ahead of the Civic before they pulled out infront of us, they managed to speed around and get infront. We were rather close to the exit when they did.

Half an hour ago I was almost run over by a stupid Citroen C1. Traffic was not moving, I was walking, approaching a crosswalk, the moment I put my foot on it, the car ahead starts moving. On my left, this old broad on a red C1 looks at me and puts her foot on the accelerator, almost running over me. I yelled at her and knocked on her car's right rear door with the water bottle I was carrying with me. Hope it dented the door. Stupid woman doesn't even stopped nor apologized for almost killing me on the crosswalk.

We were ahead of the Civic before they pulled out infront of us, they managed to speed around and get infront. We were rather close to the exit when they did.

Thanks for the information. It seems the Civic was actually at fault, but to end everything (even with other people), can I ask you where was the Civic as you entered the roundabout?

If the Civic was nowhere to be seen when you entered, then it got more or less at your side at the service road exit (which is an exit nonetheless) and then overtook you and cut you off, then yes, the Civic is at fault.

If, on the other hand, the Civic was already approaching (or was already at your exit) as you entered the roundabout, and you passed the service road exit being on the Civic's side, then you blocked the passage to the Civic and stopped it from moving left at the right moment. This won't make the Civic right (it could have slowed down and let you pass anyway), but puts some blame on you too.

I hope the first one is the case.

This.

There is an exit there - a proper exit. You, mr Loz, was in the wrong lane.

He (well, the driver) was actually in the right correct lane. I was taught that when 2 lanes are available, anything up to 'straight over' regardless of the intermediate exits is a left lane, anything more is right. This picture from the Directgov site shows it pretty well:

dg_070540.jpg

I was also taught that these side roads don't necessarily count, it depends on how they're shown on the sign. If they're shown as a little nub on the roundabout and not a full road then it isn't an 'exit' (and won't be counted as one on any sat-navs). :)

Welcome to Ukania. :p

Last edited:
Today I was trying to get gas and was pulling forward to the pumps as they cleared and this woman in a full size truck pulled off the side entrance across my path blocking the pump I was trying to pull forward to. She was perpendicular across my path and had to back up so I pulled forward and took the pump I wanted. She gets out of her car and starts screaming at me and everyone at the station thought she was going to attack me she was so insane. My girlfriend was in the car getting the cell phone out.

I asked her "You were going to park the same way I am?"

She "You fucking know I was asshole."

Me "You know your cap is on the other side of the truck right?"

She "HUH, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE."

ME "Your gas cap, the place where you put the gas into, is on the other side of the truck and the hose won't reach with the topper on. Sooooo, you would have to turn around any way."

She * just standing there looking dumb.........................

Me "Is there something else that you are having a problem with?...... Head stuck up your ass?"

( Laughter from the peanut gallery behind me) She then walked away and got into her truck mumbling under her breath.

two in a row today for me.

First one: I got to a red traffic light, and stopped. The road is one lane, but two cars can squeeze in if they want; some 100 meters after the traffic light, a kerb sets in in the middle of the road to divide the two directions of traffic. Back to us: I was at the traffic light, and a bike stopped at my right, nobody was on my left, but a scooter was coming in the distance behind me. Then the light went green and I moved. The scooter behind me was almost there, and entered my blind zone. Nonetheless, I was on the left of the lane, the kerb there was about to start, I couldn't be any more right because the other bike was there. I thought "well, he won't be so stupid as to try overtaking me and getting back in before the kerb?" Turned out he was, and he obviously forced his way back on the lane almost hitting my front-left. What a...

Second one: I was turning left at a wide crossroad. My intention was to complete the turn left and then turn right into a road that starts 25 meters from the road I just left. All fine, all legal, all standard. The traffic light was green for me, etc. etc. Except, I saw a bicycle, running the red (from my right and waiting for a free gap). I couldn't do much about: I completed my turn, I put my indicator on, then I knew that bicycle could only be in the one place where it shouldn't be, right at my side. I waited for some instants, then he finally noticed he was in the wrong place and braked down before I had to, then we both went on our ways. Now, all I want to say is: "if the traffic light is red, why are these people still riding on instead of stopping?"

Last edited:
This happened last week, but it was still kind of dumb.

Approaching a large intersection on a busy part of the street that I live near, a lady crossed the street. Traffic stopped on BOTH sides of the street when she started crossing. After a couple of seconds, I noticed that this guy in a newer Outback goes blasting into the left turn lane somehow not realizing that both sides of the street were stopped before he approached and ended up slamming his breaks so he didn't hit the pedestrian walking in front of his car on the crosswalk. (There was some screech from the tires.)

Also another one is more of a dumb pedestrian story on one of the mornings I was going to work. I was waiting in a left hand turn lane on the exact same busy street (just a little closer to my house than the first story). There were some pedestrians waiting to cross the street also. When the signal changed so that the lane I was in could go (I was the first car) these pedestrians started walking into the street as I was making my turn (they couldn't wait like 10 seconds to cross the street, seriously?). Everyone behind me had to wait for the derptastic people to cross the street before they could turn themselves. Unbelievable!