Stupid Driver Stories

there are a set of guidelines they have to go by. i used to get mad for the same thing but then i had a conversation with one of my local state troopers about it and he explained that there are some low priority calls that they are not asked to use lights and sirens. i thinks its like Code 1: no lights but respond when available, Code 2: lights if needed repond now (cease call your on if possible) and Code 3: get here now at all costs!. Dont quote me on these, im just trying to remember the conversation from like a year ago.
And "Your shift is over" is ALWAYS a Code 2, if not Code 3.

And "Your shift is over" is ALWAYS a Code 2, if not Code 3.
Hehe those are always awesome. I used to pick up my fiancee from work around the time of a shift change. First time I nearly shat myself cuz I was doing 80 in a 50 and see a cop car right behind and was like "oh fuck" then I get overtaken by him and like 4-5 other cops. It kept happening every day too since it was roughly same time :p

You did break one by turning left over a double line too.

I was turning into this street to the left (Via Giambologna) and I was pretty much in this position either, with indicator on, and had still not started to move left from my previous trajectory.

http://g.co/maps/nuvju

Also, I know we like to complicate things up and it might appear to be too broken to be a straight double line, but that line is only breaking at intersections and (private ones too).

Where did you get that I was making a turn where I was not allowed to? If you tell me I can edit the last message and clarify things up.

Last edited:
So this evening my friends and I decided to go get KFC for dinner, which necessitated a short drive. On the way back, I get into the left turn lane and am dutifully waiting my turn when some middle-aged dick in an Oldsmobile pulls up just aheada of me to my right (in a straight-only lane) and puts on his blinker. He wants to make a left but not wait in the line, so he intends to cut me off as soon as oncoming traffic allows. I'm having none of this, so I just pull up nose to nose, edge closer to him so that any motion by him will cause a scrape, and basically block him from turning until I can go first. We both turn left and I give him a 5 second long middle finger out the back window.

Idiot :mad:

The stretched middle finger can cost you up to 4000 Euros here. No matter if you had a reason to be pissed or not. It is considered a criminal offense.

I resort to loudly shouting in my car, when someone pisses me off. I only make sure to not do it with an open sunroof :p

Why is showing someone the middle finger a criminal offense?

You know, germans and hand gestures... I argue that showing someone the middle finger falls under freedom of speech and expression.

This story involves yours truly... :oops:

Let me set the scene for you. Our house sits between Freeport Road and Pine Street. The garage is out back on Pine. Now, we have 3 cars in our family (my dad's Toyota Camry, my brother's Nissan Sentra, and my POS Cavalier), but only a 2-car garage. Normally what we did, since my brother and I used to share the Sentra, was park the Cavalier in one bay, the Camry in the other, and leave the Sentra outside, blocking the Cavalier's bay since we didn't use it much. In early summer, my brother moved out to live with a friend at her apartment. He left the Nissan with us, which I used as my daily driver for the summer. A few weeks ago, however, we gave the Sentra back to my brother, so I'm back with the Cavalier (oh joy...).

My brother still has some of his mail and packages sent to the house. Today one of his packages arrived while I was at school, so he stopped by to pick it up. Since he was only stopping by briefly, and out of habit (and not aware that I will be back soon), he parked the Sentra at the back...blocking the Cavalier's bay. Lo and behold, I made the turn onto Pine to find his Datsun blocking the garage. In an effort to keep the road clear, I parked the Cavalier so as to block the Camry's bay, though due to the limited space I had to park it diagonally. I was just about to call my brother to get out and move his car when, as luck would have it, he came out getting ready to leave.

The way I had the Cavalier parked, the Sentra couldn't move, so I backed out onto the street and was pretty much parallel to his car, if not slightly behind it. At that moment, a Honda Odyssey made the turn onto Pine while I was blocking the street. To let the minivan go by, I backed into a little parking space where our neighbor (owner of Pianos N' Stuff) parks his Lexus RX (which was parked there at that moment). There's not enough room to get the car completely in without hitting the Lexus (at this point the car is diagonal with the front bumper sticking out onto the street) so in order to make more room for the van, I pulled forward and to the right to mount the curb/driveway...

...COMPLETELY FORGETTING ABOUT THE WHACKING GREAT CINDER BLOCK THAT'S IN THE WAY.
(it was below the hood, so I couldn't see it)

Sure enough, BOOM!

:bangin: :wall: :idiot: :censored:

Now the front bumper has some new gouge marks by the right wheel well.

Aren't memory lapses fun?

You can ask my brother, PelicanHazard. He saw the whole thing.

That said, the front bumper is the least of that car's worries...

- Dan

Last edited:
I'll vouch for his stupidity. This wasn't a simple hitting the curb type thing we've all done when pulling into a spot a bit quickly. One whole corner of the cinder block was occupying the space just vacated by the bumper. I'm half surprised the plastic didn't crack.

Yeah, that was stupid...

I'm half surprised the plastic didn't crack.

The Cavalier seems to be made of some pretty flexible plastic. You remember how much the air-dam would bend when putting the car on the ramps (something I rediscovered a few days ago when checking the transmission pan)?

Last edited:
Ahh the wonders of stupid people... so yesterday I was driving my fiancee to work in the morning (we are talking she had to be there by like 6am).

Idiot #1

Pulls out in front of me going significantly slower, before the sun is up, rain, no blinkers DUH....

Idiot #2 (this was when I picked her up at 4ish)
A fairly complicated convergence, traffic comming out of the tunnel from Manhattan to Brooklyn, joining one of two major highways in the borough, there is construction so lanes are shited in weird ways, maybe a mile down there is an on ramp for a smaller highway that runs through the middle of the borough. As you can imagine traffic pattern is a bit on the complicated side. So I'm trying to get into the left most lane (takes me to the highway I need to be) from the "middle lane" but there are like 6 at that point with two merging together. It's still raining, pretty dark out so I look to see if there is a gap (there is a small one) and turn on my blinker then I notice that the guy to the left of me is kind of close so I'm about to back off and he slows down so I'm like OK thanks and start moving over at which point he SPEEDS up and honks at me....

So the other day I was waiting for a bus and along comes a convoy of cars including 2 hearses, 2 limos a lead and tail car..

A taxi driver forces himself between the lead car and the first hearse even though it was more than obvious they were a convoy.. note that the two lanes both permit left turns..

A guy in the lead car gets out after they simply stop in the middle of the road as the taxi driver continuously honks motioning and yelling please go around.

The taxi driver was so stupid it took 10 minutes and about 10 traffic signal changes for the idiot to go around the convoy leaving the family in shock. How can people be 1) that stupid 2) that disrespectful. :mad:

4 way stop, me going to university on bike comming to that stop, have a car from 3 of the 4 way, make a full stop and wait for my turn, let a car passe cause i wanted to take off something, its now my turn and start to go but then a car decide that he dosent wait and turn right in front of me with no blinker and then honk at me cause i am in his way and give me the finger. Thanks dude, you made me angry for the whole day cause you couldnt wait 5 second a cyclist pass when it was the turn of the cyclist.

The taxi driver was so stupid it took 10 minutes and about 10 traffic signal changes for the idiot to go around the convoy leaving the family in shock. How can people be 1) that stupid 2) that disrespectful. :mad:

It was a taxi cab, what do you expect? A lot of them are driven by self-centered assholes who don't think things through very well (even here in Pittsburgh, where taxi cabs are a rare species, I've had a number of run-ins with dumb cab drivers).

Okay, this one's debatable given our arguments about violating traffic laws, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Yesterday, I was heading to a job site down Interstate 90. Two lanes each way (dual carriageway for Ukanians). Speed limit is 65. Prevailing traffic is doing 75-80, easily, which is pretty normal for that road. Right lane is completely clear. Undertaking isn't illegal per se, but it's highly discouraged.

Sitting in the left lane doing exactly 65 is a PT Cruiser. I pull up behind the abomination, waiting for it to go into the totally clear right lane to pass it. And I wait. And wait. And wait. Finally, I decide to give up and undertake, despite my distaste for it (I did live in Germany for three years). While looking in my rearview mirror to get back into the left lane past the PaThetic Cruiser, I notice a queue of about ten cars behind the Cruiser, all waiting to pass.

The driver of the Cruiser has to notice this, doesn't s/h/it? Common courtesy would dictate moving into the right lane to allow cars to pass. Not this person. The only plausible explanation for this behavior is complete arrogance. "Well, I'M doing the speed limit, which means that YOU'RE breaking the law, and I'm going to make sure everyone complies with the sign!" You're also creating a driving hazard, moron. Have you ever seen a "Slower traffic keep right" sign? It doesn't matter that you're doing the limit, you're still "slower traffic", so keep right!

Later, I caught a GMC Denali doing the same thing, but traffic was a little heavier, and a Denali steers like a supertanker, so I gave him a bit of a pass.

...doing exactly 65 is a PT Cruiser...a GMC Denali doing the same thing...

There are your problems right there. People who drive these vehicles, especially the Fail Cruiser, have no courtesy whatsoever. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen these two vehicles do exactly what you wrote on the highway (the GMC is usually women, because the men who drive these are arrogant, aggressive assholes).

- Dan