Stupid Driver Stories

Lol 3 car lengths, if you leave a gap large enough to fit a smart car there will be someone in it within seconds around here.
Three car lengths, i.e. about 15 metres, is already a very short distance at highway speeds.

Time to resurrect this thread with a video!

Ah, the inevitable end of the Panther platform stock air suspension... That's not an intentional setting, that's just broken. Apparently dude thinks it is just fine to drive it on the highway like that.

Today I had someone behind me who didn't turn the car's lights on at 7pm - in December it's pitch black at 7pm...

Of course the obliviot it was a woman...

Tonight the prize goes to NY's finest, who ran a red light without emergency lights on and then stopped in the middle of the intersection when they realized that I had a green and was about to go through the intersection. Luckily I was paying much more attention than they were and stopped normally and before the intersection.

Tonight the prize goes to NY's finest, who ran a red light without emergency lights on and then stopped in the middle of the intersection when they realized that I had a green and was about to go through the intersection. Luckily I was paying much more attention than they were and stopped normally and before the intersection.

You really need a dash cam in that thing.

I agree, my only thing is I can't figure out how to mount one so I can't see neither it nor the wiring, I'm a bit OCD about those types of things.

I agree, my only thing is I can't figure out how to mount one so I can't see neither it nor the wiring, I'm a bit OCD about those types of things.

I'd recomend you one similar to what i had in Merc, a built_into_mirror thing.

zvtgaps82quv.jpg

d1faf7h8u3l2.jpg

2xuoh9na9l20.jpg

1z3zatynftx1.jpg

mv5jud8cgj6y.jpg

It has a GPS speed record module, and only wiring you need is the DC12v from somewhere in the car. (i just hid the wire under panels all the way down to dash.)

Instalation is over your stock mirror with slap-it-on rubberbands.

Costed me about $150 few years ago, and records ~6 hrs onto 32GB (FHD 1920x1080)

You can have a hardwire kit installed and stick the camera behind your rearview mirror - you'll basically never notice it after that.

I'd recomend you one similar to what i had in Merc, a built_into_mirror thing.

zvtgaps82quv.jpg

d1faf7h8u3l2.jpg

2xuoh9na9l20.jpg

1z3zatynftx1.jpg

mv5jud8cgj6y.jpg

It has a GPS speed record module, and only wiring you need is the DC12v from somewhere in the car. (i just hid the wire under panels all the way down to dash.)

Instalation is over your stock mirror with slap-it-on rubberbands.

Costed me about $150 few years ago, and records ~6 hrs onto 32GB (FHD 1920x1080)

That's not bad, though I am likely going to swap out my mirror with one that has a reversing camera screen on it, parallel parking the Stang in the city is gonna be a massive pain w/o one.

- - - Updated - - -

You can have a hardwire kit installed and stick the camera behind your rearview mirror - you'll basically never notice it after that.

I have black dots with a little pony behind there, so it wouldn't have a clear view. I would love to do a grill mount (along with a radar detector and laser jammers) but I am not aware of any I could wire in like that.*
*The camera that is, not radar detector those I know.

I would love to do a grill mount (along with a radar detector and laser jammers)

Bad idea: 1) windshield has wipers. 2) windshield is further back, so dashcam would see cutters.

The drivers supposed to be ok, I would still be screaming for about 40 years after.

CaIa0hPW0AAbrZS.jpg

CaIaEsvWcAAtI68.jpg:large

CaIaEswWcAAeYeZ.jpg:large

CaIaEtJWwAAR5sk.jpg:large

CaIgj8NWEAAYUgj.jpg

Apparently it was already closed to high-sided vehicles when he went across?

This morning, the car in front of me made a right 90? turn onto a crossing street, but kept turning past 90? and ran right into the first parked car.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.5521543,-73.5981708,61m/data=!3m1!1e3
(turning from Iberville onto Belanger)

The steets were covers with a sleet/snow/slush/rain mix, but I fail to see what effect it could have had, the car was not oversteering, and I made the same corner at the same speed without any hint of a control problem.

Just had a car stop in front of me on a major 4 lane road because the idiot driver missed her turn around. This particular section road has a turn arounds every 1000 feet, yet this driver just needed to get into THIS one. The next one was clear, empty and not more than a stones throw from where she decided to stop in the lane.

sNyYrD5.jpg

The green line is me, the red line was her, the yellow star is where she stopped until the someone in line for the turn around let her in and the blue line is what I'm saying she should've done. It was rather unexpected to and I got a good test of the Jeep's brakes. The utility van behind me also got a good brake work out. As did my horn.

Last edited:
i've seen cars that have the honk on the top of the indicator stalk...that would piss me off so bad, and wouldn't help a bit! :lol:

Years ago, I had a lovely little Alfa Giulietta Spider. The one function that I didn't like was the way the turn signal lever was set up to flash the high beams. When you pulled back on the lever, it flashed the lights AND blew the horn! Needless to say, I didn't use that very often!

So, yeah. Guy came by today and bought my F-350. Just got a call from him - he managed to run it out of diesel and now can't get it restarted. -sigh-