Stupid Driver Stories

he managed to run it out of diesel and now can't get it restarted. -sigh-

Yeh, the startermotor's probably ready to cook on, but "it ain't goes a single krunck"

"Peggy, they tried to fix a shot transmission by changing a tire, they'll die out here..."
90de7ca01997483eeb9f63d8acd952ce.jpg

No, I had to instruct him on re-priming the motor. He did get it restarted after he was given instructions, though

Stupid Driver Stories

The PowerStroke isn't distributor pump, though. It's HEUI, and it's very different from most diesels.

Here's how you reprime a first gen 7.3 PSD, assuming everything is working:

1. Put at least 4 gallons of diesel in the tank.
2. Go to the front of the truck and take the lid off the fuel reservoir in the vee of the motor.
3. With the filter in the bowl, fill it up with diesel. Should be about a liter required. Put the top back on the reservoir.
4. Crank the engine, allowing time for the starter to cool between 15 second attempts, until the truck restarts.

Last edited:
I never have less than a quarter of a tank in any car I'm responsible for. I can totally understand why someone wouldn't give away fuel with a car when they're selling it, though. :p

I gave away a full 70 liter tank of 98 octane with my first V70. I was reading the morning paper, accidentally found an ad for a 2004 with a turbo and ended up trading in my 1997 non-turbo that day. I had just brimmed the tank the day before or something. Ugh.

There are two stupid people in this one, one is a guy who tried to make a left in front of two cars going straight and then stopped blocking the road. The other guy is an idiot in a Mustang who almost couldn't stop in time because he was driving on summer tires in very cold weather. After that I popped a U and slowly drove my car back into the parking lot. (was right by my house)

Nice - it's almost pitch black here and while I was riding my bicyle (yes, I do own one and ... occasionally use it as well, of course I do have lights and use them ;) ) a car came the opposite direction. At first I thought it was parked, but then it dawned on me why it was coming towards me faster than I travelled: it was driving afterall - without any lights... :shock:

I stopped the driver and pointed out that she (yes, of course she...) was driving without lights. Fortunately she thanked me for pointing it out instead of being a dumb-ass...

Met (and then finally undertook) one hell of a persitent left lane hogger yesterday:

The video may be without sound or may be even not play in some countries because of copyrighted music (Depeche Mode). Trying to remove the music on Youtube is the reason why sometimes there is engine snarl and sometimes there is none.
0:14 - I come up on him.
0:31 - He has spotted me and makes an attempt to change lanes but then doesn't. - Ok, I wait.
1:35 - Right lane is empty for some time now so I do the classic going-right-and-left again move garnished with indication. - This usually does the trick. But not here.
2:01 - I do the move again.
3:06 - I'm a patient man but by now I have quite enough of this. By now I also have other cars on my tail. - I give a short flash.
3:16 - The move for the last time, followed by a longer flash. And then he actually puts on the brakes. = Undertake and goodbye asshole.

You can't say I haven't showed some patience and kept my distance with this one...

The French have only contributed 3 things to Automotive society, the 2cv, the 1m? Van, and indicating left while in the left lane to signal 'move the fuck over'.

Last edited:
A move I was recently taught and is one that police in some countries apparently use is, if the car has the time and room to move, you get right on their ass and as far last as possible, so they definitely see you in their left rear view mirror. If nothing happens, you drop back to a safe distance and try again when the next opportunity arises. Shouldn't take more than 2, 3 tries. Unless it's another brake checker.

^ I simply don't want to tailgate, even for a short moment. Keeping the distance and doing the right-left-right move with indication usually works for me. Sure, not in this instance, but idiots like the one in the video above are quite rare.

I don't like tailgating either, but I'm way less "nice" than lip. I go directly for a very brief flash of the headlights when the road is free for the other car to move right. If the car doesn't move, I wait for the next moment when the road to its right is free to flash again. After 5 times this things (and I am being nice anyway - also, only on separate carriageway), I go for full high beams. The lane hugger usually moves right by then. It is rare to have to go that far, though: the first one or two brief flashes are usually enough.

Rarely have this problem but then undertaking isn't illegal here, when I do have to deal with this type of stupid it's usually cars running abreast at same speed.

Fucking Tapatalk putting a signature on.

Last edited:
A move I was recently taught and is one that police in some countries apparently use is, if the car has the time and room to move, you get right on their ass and as far last as possible, so they definitely see you in their left rear view mirror. If nothing happens, you drop back to a safe distance and try again when the next opportunity arises. Shouldn't take more than 2, 3 tries. Unless it's another brake checker.

You're welcome. Although it's a bit more subtle than that as I was taught by a serving pursuit driver from the Metropolitan Police.

1. Position your car as close to the centre divide as you can. The car in front is likely to be in the middle of the lane so this gives you clear vision ahead and a margin of safety and of course it puts you squarely in their offside mirror. Don't use your indicators or flash your headlights at any point.
2. Stay 3-4 car lengths back from the outside lane hogger so you aren't tailgating. This also should allow you to see clearly when they are going to have an opportunity to pull over.
3. When such an opportunity presents itself to them move up to within 1.5-2 car lengths behind them.
4. They should move over but if not go back to stage 2 and repeat.

You shouldn't get people brake checking you or being completely stubborn dickheads because you aren't riding their rear bumper all the time; it signifies intent without ever being aggressive or threatening. I learned this nearly 10 years ago and I can count the number of times it took 3 or more tries on the fingers of one hand. I can also vouch for the fact that I have used this technique successfully not only in the UK but in the US and a number of different European countries.

[video=youtube;BfPC-JnMsxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=BfPC-JnMsxE[/video]

Doar b?ie?ii buni vechi
Niciodat? ceea ce ?nseamn? nici un r?u.
Bate tot nu ai v?zut
Fost ?n probleme cu legea
Av?nd ?n vedere c? ziua ?n care sa n?scut

I hope Google Translate didn't butcher that too badly...