Stupid Driver Stories

Yes, the problem here is definitely my driving and not the obliviot who's driving children around. Maybe I should've just pulled over in the median. Or better yet, I could've stayed home and avoided everyone. I could just become a recluse and never leave my house, just in case someone else does something stupid.
Should definitely do that, could even live in the tundra where there are no people, just in case.

Or you could, you know, acknowledge that this is the thread for examples of other people's shitty driving and not give another respected forum member a hard time for using it as such.
Whoa whoa whoa! Now you're pushing it!

Well I thought it sounded better than "that Russian pikey".

:tease:

D'ye like dags?

You were going too slowly and didn’t make it through before the obliviot decided to pull out

~8:30pm tonight. Not many cars on the three-lane highway. I'm catching up to two cars in the middle lane, no one else around. I'm going a good 15-20mph faster than them. I move to the left lane to pass but as I get closer the second car moves over too - right in front of me. I hit the brakes and flash my high beams. Car moves back over (still behind the other car), I pass, and it just stays in the middle lane still. Wtf?

Even worse was yesterday when I nearly wrecked. Two single-lane roads merging to become a two-lane road. I'm in the right lane. As the two merge to become one two-lane road, an Acura RDX to my left decides to move into the right lane.... without looking. Very nearly hits me - I slam on both the brakes and the horn. Most amazing part? The driver doesn't seem to care whatsoever. Doesn't brake, doesn't deviate from their course - just continues the lane change like nothing is happening. ARGH!!!!!

Resurrecting for this nugget. This dumb old broad was sitting double parked on my street while blocking my driveway, completely oblivious to a large SUV honking at her to move until I laid on the horn. Bonus points for the fact that right next to my driveway was an empty parking spot...

So, because the Alfa is still at the body shop, getting a fresh paint job, and I'm still driving around in the red Panda courtesy car they gave me, I'm resurrecting this thread instead of posting in the dashcam video thread.

It was about 1 pm, and I was driving home from work, a couple days ago. I was on a single carriageway road that becomes a dual carriageway further ahead. As soon as the road widens, but before the concrete barrier in the middle begins, the car in front of me, a black Fiat 500, decided to overtake the truck in front, on the right. Then suddenly, the car driver stepped on the brakes, and did a u turn in front of the truck, that clearly couldn't stop in time, and ploughed straight into the car, sending it on the other side of the road, turned by 180 degrees.
Because it's been a big impact, and the car was in a pretty bad shape, I decided to stop to check on the driver (I'm a former paramedic). She wasn't stuck, but predictably was really shook, and couldn't tell me why she did that, but she remembered everything. All her vitals were ok, so when an off duty paramedic stopped by, I left him with her, and I went to check with the truck driver. He wasn't injured at all. Meanwhile the car driver told the other guy that she did that because she received a text that she forgot her wallet at home. Really?! All this while literally 500 meters ahead there's an exit with a roundabout where you can safely turn around.

It was about 1 pm, and I was driving home from work, a couple days ago. I was on a single carriageway road that becomes a dual carriageway further ahead. As soon as the road widens, but before the concrete barrier in the middle begins, the car in front of me, a black Fiat 500, decided to overtake the truck in front, on the right. Then suddenly, the car driver stepped on the brakes, and did a u turn in front of the truck, that clearly couldn't stop in time, and ploughed straight into the car, sending it on the other side of the road, turned by 180 degrees.
Because it's been a big impact, and the car was in a pretty bad shape, I decided to stop to check on the driver (I'm a former paramedic). She wasn't stuck, but predictably was really shook, and couldn't tell me why she did that, but she remembered everything. All her vitals were ok, so when an off duty paramedic stopped by, I left him with her, and I went to check with the truck driver. He wasn't injured at all. Meanwhile the car driver told the other guy that she did that because she received a text that she forgot her wallet at home. Really?! All this while literally 500 meters ahead there's an exit with a roundabout where you can safely turn around.

I'm just gonna remind you of a saying truck drivers use : The smaller the car the bigger the problem.

And another more general one that (badly) translates to : Women behind the wheel? Blood on the wall.

I'll take my leave now.