Stupid enviormentalists have invaded my school! (Post whatever here..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greatgraddage said:
The swerve problem is not much of an issue any more. It also affects other cars, such as an A class. Ban them too?

And the weight in a crash issue, did you see 5th gears (highly biased and shit) crash test? The suv came off worse. The ground clearence issue works the other way as well, the super car will force the other car up more, possibly inducing a roll. The people can't handle the car argument applies to anything, even to lorrys, which will do more damage than an suv. Lets ban lorrys as well.

Why do people eat chocolate biscuits? Normal biscuits do the same job and arn't as bad for you. Lets ban chocolate biscuits.

And so on.

Any vehicle is a huge danger if the driver is an idiot, which means I'm fucked, I live in Missouri, USA. I swear we need a sign when entering this state "Caution, retarded drivers ahead."

Simply put, I feel safer on the road with a bunch of idiots in corvette's to scared to hit the loud pedal, then a bunch of ignorants blissfully driving Full Size Trucks/SUV's.

While all cars can be rolled/crashed or whatever, a low and wide sports car is less likely too, an SUV might not only because of electronics that are trying to fight the laws of physics. I've seen people on several occasions get on 2 wheels in various SUV's that on the same corner at higher speeds will stay perfectly stable in a sports car.

Sports cars being about doing things quickly tend to have better brakes on them, and atleast a little time invested on making them handle properly. Due to this, most people who would push their SUV's to the limit, aren't close to it on the sports car (with some exceptions of course). This can induce a sense of false confidence and cause even more trouble.

SUV drivers think they are safe (when infact they aren't), and drive like assholes because of it. I see plenty of sports car drivers being asswhipes, but there are far fewer sports cars on the road.
Even those who are off-road enthusiasts, tend to revert to idiot driver mode when they are just cruising on the highway. Anyone I know that drive's a sports car, tends to be a more attentive driver.

Perhaps Fifth gear should test a crash at 85mph, a corvette and a small light weight car, such as an 80's Nissan Sunny or Sentra. Then do the same with a full size Chevy, or a Ford Expedition. I bet in either case, the nissan driver would be fucked, but the damage from the SUV would be worse.

thedguy said:
Perhaps Fifth gear should test a crash at 85mph, a corvette and a small light weight car, such as an 80's Nissan Sunny or Sentra. Then do the same with a full size Chevy, or a Ford Expedition. I bet in either case, the nissan driver would be fucked, but the damage from the SUV would be worse.

That the damage from an SUV would be greater is obvious. It's all about momentum - which in turn is about both speed and mass. An SUV is usually a few times heavier than a sports car and so it's momentum is going to be greater, and so the damage it will cause will also be significantly greater.
You could make it fairer by having the sportscar crash at higher speed, but unless you go for, say, at least twice the SUV speed it won't cause the same amount of damage. Again, due to the different designs of the cars (low, sleek, vs. tall, big & bulky) and the way they crumple (crumple zones vs. big brick) it's more complicated than that. But ultimately, at the same speeds, the SUV will always cause more damage.

WAKE UP

WAKE UP

You are a part of the earth. You cannot hurt the earth without hurting yourself. If you think this is just some kind of far off mystical concept, you are out of touch with reality. It is REAL and it is happening NOW. WAKE UP. You are a piece of something way bigger than yourself and your car. Give yourself,your kids, and your surroundings the care they deserve. Please--for your own sake.

LENTIL-EATING LESBIAN! :mad:

Oh yeah, you bumped a VERY old thread...

Let me clue you in. This is a car forum, filled with automotive enthusiasts, who deeply despise hippies such as you. We feel that global warming is not thanks to the car, but to other things beyond our control. Such claims are considered blasphemy, and WILL raise holy hell, and you WILL be bombarded with ridicule by the barge-full. All you really want to do is to control our lives (We have a term for that: "Watermelon." Green on the outside, red on the inside) and/or parade around in your (P)ri(O)u(S), thinking you are greater than everyone else (especially the SUV driver, and anyone driving anything larger than a Toyota Echo), and keeping the charade going through mindless blathering with no factual, scientific bases at all, only what Al Gore tells you, with hypocrisy and idiocy the fuels that feed the flames of your arguements. We can live without your brainless drivel, and we can focus on the real issues at hand, instead of a perceived problem we have to stop immediately (which is completely impossible.) So in short, join a hippie forum, and keep your baseless claims off our servers.

Last edited:
Did i terrify you with a dose of fucking reality? You are an ape in a metal box. You put yourself in a cage.

If we did care about the human race, we'd be focused on getting rid of tyranny, famine, and cancer, among other things. I respect that you care about your children, as any parent should, but don't force your ideal onto everyone else. I'm going to have live with the same effects your children will

Oh yeah, I am easily capable of affixing a derogatory title onto you, and I am by no means an uneducated "primate."

And just what "metal box" are you referring to? My opinions? I can't have a right to my opinion on the enviornment?

And as I edit, one of our more eloquent members is reading this. Let us see what Blind_Io has to say on this matter.

(to any others reading this, flame war in progress, please leave the thread immediately, unless you brought some ammunition)

Last edited:
By the way, we can be focused on those things. You can make a change. You can liberate yourself and others. This is also REAL. You have the power to change things for the better.

We also have the power to not give a flying fuck in the first place. So, why should we stand up and jump into action on a mother's say so?

Edit: Dammit, posted after Quiky banned her.

/:bow:
//slash

You are a part of the earth. You cannot hurt the earth without hurting yourself. If you think this is just some kind of far off mystical concept, you are out of touch with reality. It is REAL and it is happening NOW. WAKE UP. You are a piece of something way bigger than yourself and your car. Give yourself,your kids, and your surroundings the care they deserve. Please--for your own sake.

angstmeter.gif

Ok, I am going to step out of myself for a moment. I could offer, as I usually do, a well-reasoned and coherent argument, but I can already tell that will be pointless. You are married to this idea and no amount of evidence will dissuade you from your self-righteous moralistic crusade. It's pointless trying to have an intellectual argument with someone who is emotionally invested in the topic. It would be like debating religion or abortion; so I'm not going to try. Don't tell me to do something for my own sake, it's insulting and condecending. I'm a big boy now and can make my own decisions. If I want to drink whiskey from the bottle and have sex with loose women I will. If I want to speed without wearing my seatbelt I can. Stop trying to be my parent, hell, even my parents don't "parent" me anymore. Get off your sanctimonious high horse; you don't know what's best for me, and even if you did, it's not your place to tell me what to do or how to live. So in lieu of any kind of argument on your part (you offered none) I will not justify it with an adult, well reasoned response.

cockmouth.jpg

I've had that one for ages, just waiting for someone to rub me the wrong way.

EDIT: Damn you! Stop banning my playthings! This could have been entertaining; I was hoping to cause an embolism within two pages!

*loads verbal rifle, and lies in wait..."

Thread tweaked. She is unbanned for a few.. lets see what will happen.

She's still reading this, so everyone, bash away! There's nothing she (you, if you're reading this) can do about it, that doesn't result in more ridicule and a verbal lynching :tease:

I dont own a car. My kids and I walk and take public transportation. We live comfortably and are very happy

:tvhappy: This should be quite entertaining.

Oh and for every gallon of gas you don't burn my Land Rover will burn at least 5. :tease:

I dont own a car. My kids and I walk and take public transportation. We live comfortably and are very happy

To quote Homer Simpson: "Public transportation is for jerks and lesbians"

I'm going to go idle my SUV for a while, the earth feels too cold.

How nice for you. I should care because....?

Oh, I get it! She's trying to say that we would be just as happy and comfortable as her and her rugrats if we turned this forum around and started talking about the latest in bus technology.

Still waiting for that coherent thought or spark of intelligence there, honey.

So that explains why your neighbor has that big pickup truck infront of his house? Google doesn't lie, ya know.

This should be good...

popcorn.gif

Edit: Yes, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.