Stupid Scars

I only really have two scars (well, maybe more, but two big ones. Everything else is just scars from cat scratches o_O). The first one I got a couple years back as a result of a friend of mine being an idiot and playing with a box knife. He thought it'd be funny to run it along the rubber sidewall on my shoe even though he knows I hate knives, and he kept doing it even though I moved my foot away and told him to stop - then the inevitable happened and he slipped and cut straight through the canvas of my shoe, through the sock straight into my foot. It was about an inch long, inch deep cut that I didn't bother going to the doctor for. Though I probably should have, it healed funny.

The second scar is from my appendectomy from back in September. Pretty self-explanatory, except I found out after the surgery that had I gone in any later my appendix would've burst - it was apparently already starting to go necrotic. Gross, right? :p Great thing to wake up from anesthetic and find out.

I have some scar tissue on the inside of my right leg from where I caught on fire while working on a car in shop class. That was a fun day, lemme tell you.

Also, I have scars all over my hands from various stuff.. Wrenching on my car, going around a corner too fast and scraping the wall quite hard, wrecking my motorcycle, my cat suddenly deciding that he hates me and that I should die.. you know, normal stuff.

I have a small scar on my left hand from a toilet which broke apart when I was carrying it. It was pretty weird, if I moved my hand in a certain way when I did it, blood would spurt out.

In more embarrassing (though not permanent, thank GOD) scar news, I used to have to use a piece of agricultural equipment which required a low mounted pin to be pulled out frequently. Directly above the pin was a piece of metal which would often leave a long scrape on my wrist underneath my palm. And I'd pull it out with both hands. Yes, it looked like I was an unhappy puppy.

how many more of those stories you'll be able to digg up? :lol:

you do have some normal skin left, do you? :p

:lol: I have no idea. I post them as I think of them, I guess; I'd forgotten all about the sled incident until today.

Yes, I still have plenty of normal skin left. For now. :)

Luckily, the dumbest scar I have has pretty much disappeared. It was a twin scar both on my elbow and on my hip; I was playing a stupid version of tug of war with a friend, when he let go and i banged my elbow on my hip and got a cut on both. Unbelievable...

Wait . . . you cut your elbow with your hip? How on earth does that happen?

My right foot's arch is almost completely scar tissue from a 2nd degree burn I got when I stepped on a still hot coal on the beach in San Fran. Bury your shit, plz k thx. It's not too visible though.

Then I've got two scars on my face, one right above my left eyebrow from whacking my head on a coffee table (don't jump on the sofa kids), and another small one on the right side of my chin from when I was holding my cat and my mom turned on the beater and he kicked and sliced my chin open.

And then another one on my gut from when they had to move my organs around when I was a baby because my stomach fat lining thing wasn't positioned right and my bladder was poking through. LOL. The docs did a good job sewing me up, and they're all pretty minimal.

Then of course, like every boy who hangs around rollerblades and bikes and skateboards, my knees and elbows are also scar tissue. Though, I was an early adopter of the baggy jean so my knees aren't too bad.

And finally it's not really a scar but it's noticeable: my nose is crooked because it's broken. Did you know that baseballs almost completely disappear when they go in front of the sun? And that I'm a terrible catch? My mom insisted that I should go to the doctor to get it fixed, but that would involve breaking it again. Fuck that. It only affects my breathing a little tiny bit.

Last edited:
When i was a little kid in India, I was walking to school with my parents and I tripped and fell, and the top part of my left eye, near my eyebrow was cut up fairly badly. I needed to get stitches.

Had it just been a few centimeters lower, I would have lost the use of my eye.

Also when I was a kid in India (about 5 or 6 years old), I had come back home from school for lunch. I was playing with my toys and I wanted to show my mom something. So I'm like "Amma amma amma" and I kept walking backwards to my room where I was going to show something. I slammed my head against the corner and cut my head pretty badly. Blood started gushing everywhere and I had to cut out of school for the week. I still have the bump on my head.

Earlier this year I was on the train in India with my uncle. We were just gonna ride it down a few stations and then ride it back again (total of like 100 km or so).

The train was going to stop at this station and so people wanted to get off. I tried to move back from the entrance of the compartment to more inside the compartment to let people get out. A huge group started forming so I couldn't. I told my uncle that I'd just get off at the station and then get back on after people got off.

The train was slowing into the station, and while I would have waited for the train to come to a complete stop, someone said "disembark" in Tamil, so I did.

Being a physics guy, I should have known to keep my momentum by continuing to run. I didn't. I just jumped out and fell on the platform which was made of coarse stone. Basically my nose, my face, my lips, and my knees stopped the impact. My face swelled up like crazy and I looked like a giant squirrel collecting nuts for the winter.

I still have a scar on my lip where the flesh basically tore off. The flesh grew back and it's totally fine now, but the scar is there.

Here in the US nothing has really happened that I can recall. Seems like whenever I go back home to India I'm prone to damage myself. Weird.

Last edited:
I've been very lucky.

I have done a lot of stupid shit that has sent my friends to hospital. But I always manage to escape (relativley) unscathed. And I am by no means the least darring of the group.

I've never broken a bone either.

Only scar I have is from when I accidentally stabbed myself in the hand while I was cutting open a vodka watermelon while camping. Whoops.

Hehe. I have a centimetre long scar on my left thumb from trapping it in a metal caravan door. It didn't cut it, just crushed it right in. Would seem odd without it now. That's it though, been burnt with a soldering iron a couple of times but no scars.

Shame that toe nails can't be scarred, I crushed my right big toe 3 years ago with a normal wooden chair, sending the whole thing black. I was lucky though because it grew out over the next year instead of falling off. Really fucking weird having a half fine toenail then a STEP up to the black part and getting a pile of dried blood dust every time I cut it.

It wasn't so much due to clumsiness as it was due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time:

I have a very faint vertical scar just where my right eyebrow ends above my nose, from being struck by the corner of an old hard plastic calculator thrown by my brother when he had a temper tantrum. From memory, he was four and I was six at the time. The damn thing split the skin open and I ran into the kitchen where my mum was, crying with blood pouring down my face. My brother was horrified when he saw what he'd done - not helped when my mum was cradling me holding a folded over cloth to make a pressure pad on the injury and saying 'you almost killed your sister!'. Even though he'd hurt me I actually remember feeling a bit sorry for my brother when my mum said that!

Oh yeah I forgot about the scar on my forehead... My grandmother has a cutting board that pulls out of the counter in her kitchen, I was running through her house like a 6 year old hooligan and ran flat into the cutting board.

While playing hide and go seek I dove between a bed and a tv stand landing on some cords attached to an original Nintendo Entertainment System which got pulled down and hit me directly in the forehead, I have an inch long scar / dent that looks like a wrinkle as a result of this incident.

What the heck do you do for a living? Seems like you're always getting hurt at work.

Welder/repairman/mechanic at heavy industries. It's way too easy to hurt yourself at old machines without proper safety arrangements.

Not so much as a "stupid" scar, but I have a 15ish cm scar running down the middle of my back and a 2.5 cm scar on my hip from spinal surgery 11 years ago.

I also have a scar from when our late cat attacked my leg for no apparent reason, and that was over a year ago.

When I was in Primary School, I played a game where I had to close my eyes and try and tag my friends. Well, I somehow found myself going full-on at a tree and ended up grazing my right middle knuckle.

I have a large vertical scar above my right eye from when I ran into the edge of a table when I was four, large open gash ect - Needed to go to hospital where I got Stitches which at the time I thought were the most awesome thing ever "it holds my forehead together - sweeet!", it started to fade a couple of years ago but has recently reappeared and whenever I get my hair cut short the scar looks new <_<

Somewhere else on my head I have another scar that I got as a toddler playing behind the Greenhouse in my garden, my parents never found out how I managed it - One moment I was playing happily then the next I was running towards them, crying with my face covered in Blood. :rolleyes: I've located that scar occasionally when my hair has been wet and sticks together leaving a parting right over it, although I wouldn't be able to find it if someone asked ;)

I have a third large scar from when my brother was a toddler and managed to scratch my left arm with enough force that I can still see the evidence. How a three year old's fingernails could manage that I will never know.

Last edited:
I have about a 2-inch long scar in my armpit. I was a bit drunk, and my friend and I were trying to get back into another friend's place to ask directions. They had a big gate in front of their apartment complex, and he thought it would be a good idea to give me a boost over it. Well, I couldn't get all the way over, and when he let go, I basically impaled myself on a pointy bit on the gate. Thanks to the alcohol I didn't really feel it, but I do have the scar to prove it. By the way, we found out later on that the back entrance to the apartments was wide open. :rolleyes:

I have one on the bottom of my chin from slipping on the kitchen floor when I was little. Hyper four-year-old + wet linoleum = fail.

It split open and left a mark, but didn't do too much besides scare the crap out of my mom. :lol:

There's also quite a few from fire ant bites over the years. Every now and then, I tend to step in those things. I've sat in them a couple of times, too. OUCH.

I stepped in one for a film project earlier this year and that foot looked like it had some kind of weird plague for about a month. That was September?/October?, but I can still see where some of the bigger bites were. :(

Last edited:
I've got a scar a couple inches long on my left forearm from one of my bones snapping and punching out. :p My right knee is all scarred up from my last knee surgery (I had a long vertical incision down the front of my knee with 10 staples in it). I've got a 4 inch scar on my stomach from being an idiot ironworker. I've also got a half inch long scar on my nose because I've got a big mouth :D. I don't even remember where most of the rest came from.

There's also quite a few from fire ant bites over the years. Every now and then, I tend to step in those things. I've sat in them a couple of times, too. OUCH.

Fire ants FTextremeL.

My first run-in with the little bastards happened when I was sitting in a rather flimsy plastic chair. I was talking to a friend, and I must have gotten too animated, because the chair crumpled and fell. I put my left hand out to brace myself . . . and straight into a fire ant nest. It was awful. They swarmed right up to my elbow. (Thank all the gods I lived in FL, where aloe grows in the wild; my friend simply walked about 5 feet, ripped off a stalk, and smeared the goo all over my arm.)

Miraculously, it didn't scar!