Stupid Scars

Physical scars ( :grin: @ Cobol) - starting from the top:

small scar in my hairline from a branch. Hitting a tree at full gallop will leave you on the ground (if you've seen the Thelwell cartoons where the pony leaves the kid on the tree - that was me). I was maybe 10? Happened again when I was in my 20s, almost identical place - impact site on my head that is. No evident scar the second time around.

Inside of top lip - brother kicked me in the face. Cut my lip on my teeth. Lots of blood, but it didn't stop us fighting. I think I was about 12.

Neck - few small scars where skin tags have been removed - teenage years. I used to piss the surgeon off who was doing them - I wouldn't breathe while he was cutting them off. He kept thinking I would faint.
I just told him to slice faster.

Few scars on my hands from animal teeth - cats, dogs, horses. Also barbed wire (damn whomever invented it!)

Not your traditional scar, but more minor pebbling of skin - came off my horse when I was breaking him in. Landed on a pile of gravel, lost all the skin from just behind my left shoulder, down my side to my upper thigh, a little on my stomach, and about 3/4 the width of my back. I had to be held down and scrubbed to get all the crap out of the wound, no pain relief. Luckily didn't have to have skin grafts. But had the biggest scab ever!!!

Three little scars on my knee from an arthroscopy surgery to remove cartlidge from my knee about 10 years ago.

@ Sarnya - my bro has the same thing, except they went for his back three times, and used both hips as donor sites.

Wait . . . you cut your elbow with your hip?

...and my hip with my elbow... it worked both ways... Yes. If it hadn't been a really stupid scar, I wouldn't tell... :lol:

How on earth does that happen?

Well, the first reason is because I am really slim, then I was on a beach in summer, so I was only wearing boxers and then I have a pointy elbow.

My friends still laugh when they recall that episode.

Last edited:
I don't have many scars, mostly because marks from doing stupid things haven't been permanent!

I have a small round scar on my right elbow - I lost a flap of skin when a friend pushed my through a window in high school. You might not call someone who threw you through a window a friend, but we were just mucking around and it wasn't *really* intentional. It was a ground floor window, but I was still impressed that I managed to survive with only the one very minor injury!

I also have a small scar behind my right knee, from being accidentally twatted my a mattock on an archaeological dig. I have a tiny scar below my right knee too, but I got that doing something far less wholesome ;)

Things that haven't left a scar - take the skin off my hand when the piece of wood I was sanding flew off the belt sander and I sanded my hand instead; getting blisters over three fingers as a small child by discovering the way *not* to test if an iron is hot; going over the handlebars of my BMX then having the bike roll over me after hitting a stone on a particularly steep slope as a child; various craft knife injuries during model making.

I also did stupid things like run alongside the outside of a railway bridge over a c.80 foot drop to see who could run the fastest, explore abandoned brickworks and victorian houses, and all that kind of silly thing you do when you're a tomboy growing up! I seemed to manage these things unscathed, so no scars, just lots of cringeing...

I really only have one scar. I was lifting my bike to back of truck in the army and the rear fender of the bike scraped a bit of skin from my right index finger.

Other than that I have mostly just banged my head on numerous things.

My right leg has a slight scar from a time when I rode a motorcycle while wearing shorts. Not the best of ideas as I leaned the bike on a hill and burned my leg quite a bit.

Another dumb one I just remembered: on the back of my left hand. I accidentally ran into someone's lit cigarette. Eew.

Stung a bit, but hurt worse once it started to swell up into a wound. It's still there. :(

If you're in my way, please...don't smoke there.

I have a faded scar on my right leg a little below the knee; my younger brother hit me with his bike. It could have been worse if it hadn't been the tire that hit me.

Hope you guys have very strong stomachs.

This was from an industrial accident where I was crushed by a 13.5 ton tracked excavator, broke both my shins and ankles.

About 4 days after the initial accident, the metal work is an external fixation device, which is holding the broken bones in place.

DSC00460.JPG

The outer side of the left leg, taken on the same day as the above picture.

DSC00468.JPG

The same day as above, the blackened flesh is actually dead and will later be cut away so surgery can be done.

DSC00469.JPG

My leg after having the vac dressing removed, this approximately 1 month after the accident, all the dead blackened flesh has been cut, this was taken a few days after a failed muscle graft operation to rebuild the lost tissues. The external fixation has finally been removed at this point.

DSC00475.JPG

This was taken approximately 14 days before my discharge, the tissue is now regenerating with the help of skin grafts.

DSC00480.JPG

The leg recently after an infection in the metal work holding my leg together.

My_infected_leg__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Leg after infection in soft tissue was removed.

My_leg_after_surgery__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Also got a 15 inch scar going down my back where they cut away a piece of my left shoulder and user the muscle to rebuild my leg.

Last edited:
Wow, no wonder you were in hospital for that long!

1. I've got a small half inch scar at the base of my right middle finger from taking apart a computer maybe 10 years ago.
2. There's a pencil tip embedded in the middle of my right palm. Its visible through the skin even through its pretty deep in there.
3. Theres a tiny piece of graphite near one of my fingernails. I don't remember which, and its not visible anymore.
4. I burned the back of my left hand putting a pizza in the oven a couple of months ago. The scar is rather big.
5. Theres a long, but faint line down the side of my left arm just under the palm. I was backing up a Mazda B4000 with a 25ft trailer down a really narrow path through the woods leaning out the window too have a better view. Just as I turned to check the passenger side mirror, I impaled my arm on a bush with huge thorns.

Last edited:
Road rash on my right leg from crashing my motorcycle many moons ago.
Burn scar on my eyelid, from a bottle rocket fight.
Upper torso GSW 3" right of centermast, due to bringing fists to gunfight.
Surgical scar on my left knee from a football injury.
Big scar just above the hairline of my scalp, via a coward wielding a beer bottle.
Many other small ones by way sports or stupidity.