Concept: Subaru Impreza Concept: yes please

It really just looks bulged, and not in a good way.

It really just looks bulged, and not in a good way.

Yeah it really does, I was interested in the intial photos, but its the same effect as seeing the photo of a girl you think is attractive on myspace or facebook

then when you see her/the car in person, you're a little taken aback, and not in a good way :x

I'm definitely not a fan.. In none of the photos does it look.. Fast, somehow. It looks like a cruiser, which isn't really the point with the Impreza :b

And it's now event a very good looking cruiser :b

FAT CONCEPT IS FAT. :yucky:

It's...hideous. It looks too much like a Toyota. The Impreza needs to be muscular instead of blobby and a tad quirky, not something that looks like it came from Toyota's rejected ideas. That front is the worst. It looks downright tall! It looks like it belongs on a freight train instead of a car.

Subaru needs to look distinct from everything else out there--that's part of their appeal, IMHO. This concept reeks of Toyota. Or Chevrolet. Or Kia. Or whatever. Yawn.

With this new concept it really does seem like they are starting to make more generic cars. Bad in my opinion. They're a small manufacturer but atleast nobody hates them.
It's understandable that Subaru is trying to grow. But there's an abundance of "mediocre and generic" cars on the market. Always has been always will be.

Golf, Corolla and Accord will always rule the "aimed towards mass market"-award.
Also ruining the Impreza is in my opinion like this is in my opinion a mistake. I think it would be better if they tried to make a whole new car aimed towards mass market, instead of riding the Impreza name.

Oh yeah, this Impreza is not generic at all!
SUIM9301.jpg

thanks ,this concept are pretty good ~~~ but i felt a little big ...

Last edited:
Quite surprised at the levels of hatred for the thing.

Actually the first thoughts that came to my mind when I saw it were this:

2006-Prodrive-P2-FA-Top-1280x960.jpg

2006-Prodrive-P2-RA-1024x768.jpg

After all who's to say the the STi versions won't be a 2 door coupe sporting a huge wing, fatter arches and an enormous nostril?

Surely one of our Photoshop legends can knock up a quick mock up of that?

Last edited:
MWF: What is that?