Subaru, Suzuki out of WRC, Honda out of F1, Audi, Porsche out of ALMS

klutch

Courteous urinator
Car(s)
Do it for me.
Etc, etc. Seems like motorsports are suffering the wrath of the economic climate. Discuss.

All I can say is :( :cry:

Subaru pulled out of WRC? Since when?

Fail.

But on the bright side (for me anyway), Porsche and Audi haven't pulled out of Le Mans entirely - only the American series. Those of us who need our Le Mans fix can still catch all the big stars tearing it up elsewhere around the globe.

Honda is also pulling out of AMA Road Racing.

wait i thought audi pulled out of petite lemans not ALMS...

wait i thought audi pulled out of petite lemans not ALMS...

Audi's doing the bigger events; Sebring, Le Mans, maybe Petit, with the R15, but not the main series' aka LMS and ALMS.

This is a bad time for motorsport. :(

WRC, though isn't really going to change because it is still going to be boring with the same Citroen/Loeb winfest which frankly is boring and has made it like what F1 was during the Schumi/Ferrari Era...

But Subaru pulling out is horrible, they were my favourite team.

Just think how awesome it's going to be when they all come back.

It sucks but this is not permanent. For the time being all the manufacturers are trying to cut costs to survive. They will be back once economy starts improving in a couple of years. The biggest scare to me are the small tuners that prep all these cars for racing and sell parts like Bilstein, Greddy (who filed Chap 11 not long ago AFAIR) and so on. They don't really develop much parts for production cars AFAIK :(

On the brighter side hopefully if they keep the engineers around they can work on production cars and put their awesome skills to use there :)

SEAT pulled out of BTTC as well. Going to suck next year when there's just a few manufacturers in each.

Shit, no Scooby Doo in WRC??? That's like, I dunno, Peanut Butter without the crunchy bits!

Wait, Subaru is allowed to exist and not be in WRC? At the same time?

...I'm scared.

This pretty much sucks. Any loss of teams in motorsport blows. The fact that manufacturers are backing out is extremely sad. Admittedly, I kinda saw it coming for Honda. They pumped so much cash into F1 with so little to show for it. However, AUDI leaving ALMS and LMS is a bit of a shock. The r10 is such a great car. I hope privateers keep waving the flag in these series for the teams that have left (F1 excluded).

The world is getting scary :(