Movie: "Sucker Punch"

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Meh, looks sorta interesting, but I dunno.

Set in the 1950s, it tells the story of Baby Doll, who is trying to hide from the pain caused by her evil stepfather and lobotomy. She ends up in mental institution in Brattleboro, Vermont and while there she starts to imagine alternative reality. She plans to escape from that imaginary world but to do that she needs to steal five objects before she is caught by a vile man. She has 5 days to escape before being lobotomized. In order to cope with the situation, she enters the hyper-real world of her imagination, and the lines between reality and dream begin to blur. She is joined with friends who are inmates from the institution. Lessons learned in the said fantasy world could help the girls escape their real-world fate.

Screw script. I wanna see it for the visual. :D

Oh, and Emily Browning, of course (altough I prefer her as a redhead/brunette).

Unrealistically badass ass kicking skinny girls (lame)

and lots of micheal-bay substanceless CGI (double lame)

No thanks. Kill bill 3 with more 'splosions is not my style of movie.

Been a long time since I've heard Lords of Acid in a movie/trailer/commercial/tv show. I love that they picked "The Crablouse" as the song for this movie. :lol:

Been a long time since I've heard Lords of Acid in a movie/trailer/commercial/tv show. I love that they picked "The Crablouse" as the song for this movie. :lol:

Thanks!

According to science - or me, whatever - Zack Snyder is the most annoying director working today. I am especially annoyed that he can't play film at the correct speed.

This will be a pass from me.

He, I like his movies. At least he?s honest about his movies being all about the visuals.

I have quite enjoyed Zack Snyder's work so far. Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen are all solid and great looking.

Looks like even the Power Puff Girls are getting the "gritty reboot" treatment.

This movie will be devoid of any script, sense or meaning but it will be AWESOME. :p

^x3. I'm convinced.

Led Zep in the trailer.

im seeing it

looks cool, but i have trouble with movies about mental institutions. my school, in Waltham MA, was built on former Gov't land which was used a campus for a few state mental hospitals. it's known that horrible experiments occurred there and it always makes me cringe whenever i think about it.