Movie: "Sucker Punch"

That robot with the bunny painted on it looks very cool.

I kinda had a feeling that was going to be the case, just based on the dialog shown in the trailers. The script sounds like a first draft before it's been polished.

not surprised, Watchmen and 300 were very thin on plot and focused too much on style over actual substance. this actually has me pretty worried since Snyder's next project after this is the Superman reboot.

I have such low hopes for any storyline that it will be hard to disappoint me. :lol:
I am going for the visuals, honestly.

I have such low hopes for any storyline that it will be hard to disappoint me. :lol:
I am going for the visuals, honestly.

precisely

I saw the trailer for this before I watched limitless and my reaction was 'I want to see this movie', it's definitely my adolescent male brain that's doing the talking but this looks fucking awesome.

Please people don't go see this movie, it would tell Hollywood that audiences don't care about good story telling; it would give the message that if they show a pretty image and throw money at a lousy script everybody would still go see it.

Please people don't go see this movie, it would tell Hollywood that audiences don't care about good story telling; it would give the message that if they show a pretty image and throw money at a lousy script everybody would still go see it.

Fuck.

Too late, honestly.

And also, have you seen it or are you judging it by what other told you?

Too late, honestly.

And also, have you seen it or are you judging it by what other told you?
I was curious what will Zack Snyder's first original script would be like, so I read the script for the movie. The dialogue of the movie is very awkward and there are a bunch of plot holes. From the trailer I wasn't very impressed by it.
Black Z Eddie said:
Cool Action Scenes + Hotties + Skimpy outfits + Weaponry + Giant Samurai > a fucking script written for/by pansy-asses.
Are you implying that a good script can't have kick ass action scenes?
There have been great action films throughout the history of cinema that included great story telling. EX: Terminator 2, Aliens, First Blood, The Matrix, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Die Hard, etc.

What have we gotten in recent years? Indian Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skulls, 2012, Transformers 2, Clash of the Titans, The Last Airbender.

Look I enjoy going to the movies, and the recent laziness in the movie industry to churn out better movies is frustrating. Is it bad to ask for better movies that can still deliver great action? I just don't like this trend of dumbing down movies and showing something shiny to distract you from the lack of a good story.

But whatever I say it's up to you whether you go see it or not.

Hence I said "please", it was a request not a demand. I just want to give my opinion on what kind of message this sends out if you go see this movie, but if you don't care...well you don't care.

Are you implying that a good script can't have kick ass action scenes?
I wasn't implying, I was stating...When I go see an action flick, the action and eye candy takes precedence over script (so long it's not B movie'ish). Likewise, if I go see a comedy flick, I expect it to be funny. If I go see a drama flick (which is almost like never), I expect to use up half a roll of toilet paper. :)

Look I enjoy going to the movies, and the recent laziness in the movie industry to churn out better movies is frustrating. Is it bad to ask for better movies that can still deliver great action? I just don't like this trend of dumbing down movies and showing something shiny to distract you from the lack of a good story.
Then, do what Lamborghini did, build your own. Instead of preaching, he did something about it.

Stop bickering. I just saw the movie and it's not so bad! It had a little bit of everything, I think that this quote from the IGN review sums it up:
Sucker Punch is like a story that would have been written by a teenage fanboy who spent his night sucking down Red Bulls while playing video games only to realize that he has a creative writing assignment due the next morning.

But what's wrong with that? We have seen so many intricate plots and dramas, it's good to see some mindless action flick from time to time. They could have made it a little bit shorter though, at some parts it was dragging.

Like I said - I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't that bad. But then again, I rate all movies okay after I have seen that dreadful drivel "Inglorious Bastards" from a few years ago.