Suggestion: Tapatalk support

WDWBen

Subaru Killer
Car(s)
2021 Mini Cooper S
Are there any plans for Tapatalk support? I love being able to browse forums on my iPhone and have short load times (as opposed to having to load the full forums). I know there are a fair amount of iPhone and Android users out there.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

EDIT: Crap, clicked for the wrong sub-forum. Please move to Forums instead of The Site. Thanks.

Last edited:
I remember hearing ramblings that Quiky or someone was going to work on a Mobile specific theme for vB4.

I'd love support for this. I suspect if they do support this it will need to wait until after the 4.0 upgrade.

We recently installed one Quiky found, however vB is being stupid and won't let us activate it for non-admins. Haven't had time to debug.

The mobile theme I tried to use won't go to new posts-- just loads up threads. The app looks promising though.

Done.

Re: Suggestion: Tapatalk support

Here are some pictures!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 100

Looks great from here! Easy to navigate!

Attachments

31.9 KB · Views: 100

Everything loads quickly, even on 3G as opposed to wireless. In fact, I'm posting from my phone now. Even uploading pictures!

Attachments

58.8 KB · Views: 105

Now with avatars!

Attachments

61.1 KB · Views: 100
That's pretty badass. :eek:

Just got it and am replying from it now. Quite good, easy to use too! Keeps trying to append on a "sent from my iPhone using tapatalk" signature though :S

Works fine from mine. Pretty spiffy, but I don't like the lask of goto unread posts in a thread.

Works fine from mine. Pretty spiffy, but I don't like the lask of goto unread posts in a thread.

Indeed, that seems to be a pretty large hangup that keeps me from really loving this app instead of just liking it.

and the crashing if you flip between unread and all posts too fast.

Quiky said:

The below sig is annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could always start a bounty fund and get someone to program a FG specific app..

Another bitch point: longer posts are completly cut off. Even when going to the full post mode it will truncate posts.

Sent from my

For some reason, I don't get the weird signature.