Suggestions to new Adsl-modem

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
VW id3, Honda NM4 Vultus
so my trusty A-link roadrunner 44A (or B :p ) is showing its age of 7 years old, the isp repairman suggested that i look newer modem.

i have linksys wrt54gl-eu as a firewall, and 1 really bad case of zyxel prestige 660HW-61, that needs to rebooted every 12 hours.
And zyxel + linksys isn't working at all in any configuration, even when newest firmware on both devices.

Now my configuration is A-link rr44 -> wrt54GL-eu -> 2 pc's (one of em is 24/7), + laptop + nokia 5800 (on wlan).

so modem suggestions? price max is 99,99 euros :D

Hmm it seems that the linksys slows my net down 2Mbit/s :( so i have to get some multi all-in-one device that was firewall, wlan g, and doens't need to reboot every 12hours just because i use half of the lines speed :p

Last edited:
Try putting Tomato firmware on the WRT. That will probably fix your speed issues. Don't replace your modem unless you have to, new ones are crap in my experience. I'm using an 8-year old Alltel, and it's wonderful.

Hmm it seems that the linksys slows my net down 2Mbit/s :( so i have to get some multi all-in-one device that was firewall, wlan g, and doens't need to reboot every 12hours just because i use half of the lines speed :p

Like, say, a wireless router? :p

Every single one has a built-in firewall.

Try the Tomato as suggested, because you aren't going to find a better router than a WRT54GL.

hmm it seems the wrt just had a bad day and the isp's centre might be too crowdy.
(friday evening 4mbit, sunday/monday night 5mbit).

i have to look @ the tomato thanks for the suggestions +rep all of you.
Especially you thevictor390 for being sarcastic for suggesting an router when i asked adsl-modem/firewall/router.

edit. it seems thevictor360 have my rep already :D

Last edited: