Sultan Of Brunei's ridiculous cars...

Because he can. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a convertible ute there :lmao:

hmm actually that's not so bad an idea

I wonder how much it costs to commision a major manufacturer to make a one-off custom.

I think that question falls safely under 'if you have to ask how much, don't bother asking'. I'm sure doing QUALITY sedan/estate/stretch conversions on some rare and exclusive vehicles like those run into the 7 digit range for conversion costs alone.

Just think about how much it costs to convert a 'standard' Ferrari Enzo into their one-off P4/P5, i think its priced about $3 mil.

Anyways a more important statement to the wealth of the Sultan of Brunei is not the fact he owns these unique cars, but that when he's done with most of his 'boring regular' luxury exotics, he gets rid of them not by selling or trading or even giving them away... he has them dumped off shore from one of his islands. So somewhere in the SE asian oceans is a big watery graveyard of dumped luxury cars.

I am not sure what the deal is, but some of those cars are located in Hong Kong.

The pictures of the V12 S-Class estate and the old S600 Landaulet are both taken at a famous dealership there.

Holy Christ...

If the internet is 15 years old, this news is 17.5

Also, the guy has no taste.

Also, half those pics are bogus.

I like all the estate versions of the fast cars. Dunno why.
Also, having a one of a kind car is super duper cool.

But not if you have EVERY one of a kind car, ever made

Is this the guy for which Mercedes stopped their plant for, to make the "rainbow Benz"?

I really, really want the Bentley Java, Alpina B12 BMW 8-Series and Aston Martin Special Series 1.

The Bentley SUV looks nuts. Maybe Bentley should consider selling a modern version to lure Cayenne and Range Rover buyers =P

Yeah, you're right. I just didn't make that very clear in my post - I was just trying to give an example as I've no idea how much the Sultan's cars cost (if you have to ask...).

Sorry. If it helps, I did know that, just phrased that post really badly.

:D

He has 4 Daihatsus!
No probs, I was actually wondering if it was your wording that was off after reading the Beautiful Cars thread (read it after this one) but was too damn lazy to go back and change it :)

I like all the estate versions of the fast cars. Dunno why.
Also, having a one of a kind car is super duper cool.

But not if you have EVERY one of a kind car, ever made

Is this the guy for which Mercedes stopped their plant for, to make the "rainbow Benz"?

Nope, the Rainbow Sheik is Middle Eastern and lives near Dubai (i think)

The Sultan of Brunei is a southeast asian Muslim and lives on the north coast of the island of Borneo.

totally different people.

He has 16 xj220s :jawdrop:

Knowing how badly people who preordered the car wanted to cancel their orders so badly, he was probably able to buy them for cheap, lol

Because twin-turbo V6 just doesn't sound as good as V12.

Why would you want 2 XJ220's, much less 5, much less 10, much less 15?

What do you expect to do with more than one?

Because twin-turbo V6 just doesn't sound as good as V12.

I believe they call that "GNX Syndrome".

So, who else had to look up where Brunei is?

After seeing that entire list, I wonder how long it took him to get that many cars together and in one place.

You are from America, thats why you have to look it up :D

Anyway, i quite like the Aston and Ferrari estates, but what i really like is the amount of cars he has.. If only i was rich..

this dude is crazy. that S73 touring he's got is in hong kong too. too bad i haven't got the chance to see it in person yet. i know someone has...

I am not sure what the deal is, but some of those cars are located in Hong Kong.

The pictures of the V12 S-Class estate and the old S600 Landaulet are both taken at a famous dealership there.

You don't expect him to ship cars everywhere he has to go right? It's like keeping an apartment in every country you spend a lot of time and then you always have to keep transport....... after all the Bentley "coupe" is photographed in the UK (and just outside an HSBC if that helps determine what he was doing ;) ).

Out of all his cars it will be difficult to know which cars are in which country, like keeping one XJ220 in each country he has a house? It's possible.

CrazyRussian540 said:
A Bentley coupe
http://img413.imageshack.**/img413/8669/medium2415995913985151fkc4.jpg

Funny, I took a couple of pictures like that - in the exact same location outside Waitrose on Marylebone High Street - three years ago. I also saw the guy driving it and it sure as hell wasn't the Sultan of Brunei...

...see my original post.

Whoops just saw that fbc already posted this link! The Jalopnik link that the OP posted says this is a Bentley Rapier! Can this finally be the solution to that long-running argument we had with Top Gear Girl and everyone else?

"Back when all Bentleys were styled starting with Lego models, the Rapier was designed to be a modern and forward-thinking interpretation of the brand. The flowing lines are still more sleek that the current lineup from Crewe. Although now, the front view might cause people to initially confuse it for a Jaguar XF."

Last edited: