Ownership Verified: Summer car of 2020, Toyota Soarer 2005

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
MX-5 NC, Model 3
Very cool. I must say I'm not a big fan of the exterior - the shape of the rear with the roof up just seems off to me, the slope is too far forward, similar as on some other power hardtops (the NC PRHT comes to mind) vs. soft tops. But the details on the car are exquisit, and I imagine it's an extremely nice place to be in and cruise for long distances. Having the only one in the country also definitely adds a certain flair :)

Seems there’s some that do and some that still don’t. It appears to be really expensive still. Spotty at best, not sure actually.
Starlink, OneWeb and similar constellations will fix that completely once operational. Will take a little while still though.

luokyio

Merc Maniac
Car(s)
Q7, Soarer, Scorpio
Now I got the export certificate, which shows mileage on the two previous inspections. The car has done 1300 km since September 2016. 72600 km then, 25 months later 73400 km, and now just under 74. A bit worryingly low accumulation, I don't think it is good for the car. But anyhow, a complete service is in order anyway. At least all the fluids, filters, cam belt need to be replaced asap.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
Brilliant! Can't wait for pic spam and drivability updates!

Mitchi

Sierras für alle!
DONOR
Car(s)
'89 C4
Amazing, you bought yet again blindly an immaculate car from Japan ... and the colour is amazing. Remember, Top Gear said this was the worst car ever, so feel free to prove that right or wrong!
Maybe one day I need to hire you to buy some car for me from Japan ...

public

Volvomies, volvomies
Car(s)
P26L XC70 D5 and a ton of crap
The colour is spot on, so much richer and sumptuous than on those listing photos. I also like how it's a 4.3-liter V8 but the font choice on the engine cover is as generic as if it was a 2.4 commonrail diesel :D

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
Agreed that the colour is really nice, looks like it's been well cared for too. It really does look like a Japanese Jaaaag XK with cream leather and shaped wood panels.

luokyio

Merc Maniac
Car(s)
Q7, Soarer, Scorpio
I drove the car for about an hour with no problems, got home, turned the car off, and it went dead. Battery quickly dropped down to 6 volts and would not get any charge.

No problem, this was expected. I bought a new battery, plugged it in, but nothing. It is like there is no battery at all. Battery has juice just fine, and it does not consume at all. Main fuses right next to the battery look all good.

As JDM cars often have aftermarket systems installed, I am leaning towards it having some sort of kill switch somewhere, but I just cannot find it...

We have super short summer, so I would like to get to drive this thing before it ends 😆

luokyio

Merc Maniac
Car(s)
Q7, Soarer, Scorpio
Surprise, there was nothing wrong in the car, as it is a Toyota. The reason is in my mirror. There are actually two positive cables, one of which managed to hide from me. Connected it to the battery, and world is good again. Gave her a quick wash, so a picdump: