Ownership Verified: Summer car of 2020, Toyota Soarer 2005

Yeah I will do that, as the frogeye picture is not specific enough.

I did not steal the images from the other house in the world that has a Soarer and a Scorpio.

28WjlFB.jpg

Went for a 60 km test drive yesterday evening, temperatures dropped quite hard from the 25-30°C we've had lately. Had to adjust the heater accordingly. This was doable at 50 km/h and a t-shirt. Range is not too much better than with Tesla...

Km5t0EU.jpg

Cool illuminated logos:

0XJX5Vg.jpg

Random picdump:

K5dvXnF.jpg

59V0owq.jpg

NEHv7zB.jpg

k2JW4ru.jpg

GPS thinks it knows where it is. But it doesn't:

GLFbso6.jpg

Speedometer ends at 180 km/h, so acceleration feels quicker than it really is :D

4000 km with zero issues, as expected from a Toyota. Full service performed, cam belt, spark plugs, all fluids. I am even thinking about getting winter tires and enjoying throughout the winter. Of course that would mean dipping it into rust prevetion bucket.

Finally tax authorities decided how much they want for this, and the result was: s*itload of money. But yep, had to pay to get plates, and then sent a complaint, which may or may not end up in me getting some of the taxes back.

But plates on, looks all grown up now! Picdump with plates on and after some cleaning. I'll try if someone wants to buy this, but I'm not bummed if nobody wants. I'll gladly drive this next summer too.

A8MYLu2.jpg

9qt4GxJ.jpg

GItJGm8.jpg

oRMFIEW.jpg

rkLrqdU.jpg

JjOoiQN.jpg

yr92qv5.jpg

2uLkGhi.jpg

v4swCid.jpg

a54vxYa.jpg

OUtie0i.jpg

IxXfj3M.jpg

UGgjZwy.jpg

AM5oyc9.jpg

ZgRWY9J.jpg

After about 10 000 troublefree km's this was sold last week.

In conclusion: Is it really as stupid as Top Gear made it out to be?

It isn't a sports car, so it is a bad if judged as a sports car, which is apparently what they did. It is a nice comfy GT on long trips, and a waft cruiser top down on nice summer days. And super reliable at all that. Sure it had it's downsides, like absolutely zero trunk space with top down if the spare tire was there, but managed to live with it on road trips just fine.

Top Gear also said that the Alfa-Romeo 8C was an awful car.

Top Gear also said that the Alfa-Romeo 8C was an awful car.
It depends on how you look at this stuff.

They said the 280zx is awful ... But actually, it's no longer a sports car vs the others it's a GT car, and at that it really is great!