Suomi-miitit kes? 2011 / General #gear.fi Meet Thread Summer 2011

Both are ok.

Bromic confusing people by suggesting something here and then saying otherwise in irc.. :)

But it seems that Saturday it is then. Next thing then is the departure time. How does 16.00-16.30 sound?

But it seems that Saturday it is then. Next thing then is the departure time. How does 16.00-16.30 sound?

Start from where? It would be nice to get something concrete in here, so that people who don't usually check #gear.fi would also know about it...

Start from where? It would be nice to get something concrete in here, so that people who don't usually check #gear.fi would also know about it...

Somewhere around Porvoo. Only problem is that I don't have a specific place yet. :p I'm trying to find something more interesting than the typical local ABC.. But as I don't know the city all that much I have to rely on streeview. I'll figure out the starting place this weekend unless someone has something to suggest.

If I may make a suggestion, could we meet at the Porvoo cathedral? I am not sure about car access there, but I recall it being a really nice place.

Road trip 9.7.2011 - Teh summary

Road trip 9.7.2011 - Teh summary

I guess it just has be to the ABC. By far the easiest way (at least for parking spaces). :) I've updated the starting point to the route. http://tinyurl.com/3gt4vp5

I think I'll aim to be there at around 3PM so we have some time to chat around before departing.

And to sum the trip up again:
Leaving Porvoo at about 4PM, then a coffee break at Huruksela. And if people want we can stop at Langinkoski in Kotka. And then drive to Miehikk?l? for some BBQ.

Note that Huruksela cafe we're visiting don't accept cards so bring a bit of cash. And I'll bring the necessary BBQ accessories.

yeah its a bit late for starting the drive :/
oh well i'm just a passanger, so driving at night isn't a problem :D

Looks like it's gonna be pouring rain on Saturday. :(
At least in Lappeenranta.

Its a 4h drive, and then a 2h drive back for me. I guess that is OK, but we really need to keep proper brakes. Also, could we agree on certain waypoints...as I know everyone has different driving styles :)

About the barbaque. Do you know a place where we can cook, or should we bring a pallogrilli. Also, how are shops nearby. The meat might turn a bit sad after 4h :D

Last edited:
So far away again. It's 3 hour drive from here to the starting point and 4 hours back home from the end point :(

I am trying to make it. It depends on mom letting me borrow her car, and as usual she is way too worried about all this.

Yeah, it looks like weather (forecast at least) is once again against us.

If it rains on Saturday would it be okay if we move the meet to Sunday? I guess we'll need to start a bit earlier then as well.

If it's raining, then yeah, let's move it. But please, make it much earlier on Sunday. At least 2pm.

That was the idea, yeah.

Might make sense to watch the forecasts some more before changing the date. It might still get shuffled around a bit.

Quick update, meet is happening today, 15:00 @ N?sintie 4, Porvoo (that's an ABC). Start from there and do plenty of driving around and chatting and stuff.