Supercharged Mustang sounds like a jet!! (hero3 external mic test)

Forged rods and pistons in a '13 block
BOSS 302R heads
Vortech T-trim
10 psi
pump gas
longtubes
X pipe and hushpower axleback
stock mt82 with mcleod twin disk clutch
Racestar Darkstars 17x4.5 front and 15x10 rears on Hoosier slicks
Tuned by AED

Dynoed 662rwhp with some belt slip issues (that are now cured). It was climbing fast, should make 700 on the same 10psi. He's adding meth soon, might take a shot at the MT82 record with some more boost (10.1@140). He made a somewhat clean pass last year with less power and ran 11.0@136.

What external mic are you using ? Car sounds ridiculously awesome BTW :thumbup:

I'm surprised he has the stock MT82 in there. Even with the McLeod clutch, I'd be way too nervous about sending so much power through it.

What external mic are you using ? Car sounds ridiculously awesome BTW :thumbup:

Audio Technica 24

I'm surprised he has the stock MT82 in there. Even with the McLeod clutch, I'd be way too nervous about sending so much power through it.

Trans is good, I've got to beat on the car a few times myself. Well, except for the lack of a synchro in 5th lol.

136 should be good for much better than an 11.00. What's his 60?

It wasn't good that night. At a recent 1/8th event, he got it down to 1.7 still not hooking well and he's making MUCH more power than when he did the 136 so....

Sorry for the late reply, been busy working 6 in a row. It was a special event our track held. No times, only prepped the 60', 1/8th mile. Kind of like a street racing thing, turned out pretty fun. People with FAST cars were really driving them so they could win.

Here's another one where I put it next to my friend's turbo.

[video=youtube;cLCvr-XHNV4]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLCvr-XHNV4[/video]

Last edited: