Superchargers are for pussies! [Viper ACR does 7:22 @ 'Ring]

Wow, it's amazing what a bit of proper racing paraphernalia (racing tires, new brakes, adjustable suspension, and significant aerodynamic revision) has done to the Viper. And it's even more amazing that it has done 7:22 with the stock engine. But I guess the Zakspeed driver who knows the 'ring like the back of his hand helped.

Natural Aspiration FTMFW! :D

Yes, the standard Viper is being sold here, but I think it has to be converted to rear pipes first.

But I guess the Zakspeed driver who knows the 'ring like the back of his hand helped.

He's not Zakspeed, they just helped find him:

hired a pro driver through Zakspeed (a race team that runs Vipers in the ADAC Zurich 24h Race at the Nrburgring)

FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) driver Tom Coronel, who pilots a Leon TFSi for SEAT Team Holland

Isn't the stock Viper sold there though? This is the same engine.

And you can't have wings? WTF?

You can, but they need to be pedestrian safe.........!

Or you have enough money & influence like Porsche and get the GT3 RS Wing road legal :D

Toyota and Nissan need to hurry up and release the LF-A/Vspec so 5 of the 6 fastest cars around the ring will be from Japan/USA with a sketchy zonda team being the lone euro car.

5 out of 6 with 2 more cars? You know that the current top 6 stands as Radical, Donkervoort, Radical, Dodge, Chevy, Pagani. Even if both Toyota and Nissan beat 6:55, that would make a top 6 of Toyota, Nissan, Radical, Donkervoort, Radical, Dodge. That's assuming they do so before Ultima get a dry day or Caparo get a kick up the arse from Gordon Murray.

I'd go and learn some more maffs if I was u.

Daaaamn - what an absolute brute of a car. I want one. Badly.

/me waits for the thread to degenerate into the usual 'ring-ZR1-GT-R slinging fest...

They are both fucking awesome.
Does 40 lbs really make that huge of a difference? That's the weight saved by the optional strip-shit-out package.
I think the biggest thing about that Viper is the downforce, it generates enormous amounts of it so it lets it stick to the ground better. No matter what the reason is still FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!

:nod:

The Viper always had fully independent suspension as far as I know.

You mean coil springs, right? The Corvette has always had fully independent suspension as well, or at least since 1963.

Small displacement high revving engines ftw :p

So far they do yes, but the Americans (or the Germans for that matter) wouldn't do so well with the same engines that are in the cars in 1st (2.6), 2nd (1.8) and 3rd(1.5) because they don't seem able to make a light car.

Sweet mother of god that thing is fast. I can only imagine what it could do with a racing sequential gearbox...ZOMG!!!!

Well it's one hell of a last hurrah for the Chrysler owned Viper program. Hopefully whoever takes ownership of the Viper will do a Le Mans car.

Oh gee, what a fair comparison.

Viper: Stripped out interior, adjustable wings+dampers+lowered shocks, NOT ROAD LEGAL = RACE TUNED
Corvette&GTR: Full interior, non adjustable wings+dampers+shocks, Road Legal = FACTORY

Totally fair. :rolleyes:

I gotta say, the ring looks much scarier in a RL video than in forza2 :lol:

Oh gee, what a fair comparison.

Viper: Stripped out interior, adjustable wings+dampers+lowered shocks, NOT ROAD LEGAL = RACE TUNED
Corvette&GTR: Full interior, non adjustable wings+dampers+shocks, Road Legal = FACTORY

Totally fair. :rolleyes:

The Viper hardly has an interior anyway, and are you sure the ACR isn't road legal? I have seen two on the road, but I guess the tires could've been different. Both the ZR1 and GT-R have adjustable suspension btw, though both have electronic controls for the settings. I don't see how the ACR is much different in method compared to the GT3RS.

No offense to any of these companies, but I am seriously tired of the fucking Nurbergring used as the definitive method to compare cars.

No offense to any of these companies, but I am seriously tired of the fucking Nurbergring used as the definitive method to compare cars.

Would you prefer 0-60 instead? Yes it isn't perfect, but it is a much better benchmark.

You mean coil springs, right? The Corvette has always had fully independent suspension as well, or at least since 1963.

Yeah sorry about that. It was a keyboard-brain interface issue.