Superman & Batman movie

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Man of Steel director Zack Snyder has confirmed at Comic-Con over the weekend that he will be directing another Superman movie and that Batman will be in it. Man of Steel scribe David Goyer will be co-writing with Snyder and Christopher Nolan will again be one of the executive producers. Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman but Batman has not yet been cast. The story will be inspired by, but not based on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. At the announcement Snyder had an actor read out the following passage-

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

After which, this logo appeared on the screen-

batman-superman.jpg

Last edited:
I think it'll be a hard thing to balance. If Superman is the main lead, then they need a small(er) fry to play Batman. And Bale's shadow is way too long. The new guy needs to be epic to be on par with Bale.

They haven't said whether this will be the Batman from Nolan's universe, but if it is then Joseph Gordon-Levitt could be a new Batman. Bale has said that he is open to playing Batman again, but only if Nolan directs.

It will be interesting to see if they play around with timelines.
DKR was set far into the future, featuring an older batman and as this is going to be a Superman movie, they could probably pilfer from that heavily if the movie is going have Batman in a smaller role.
I'm pretty sure Christian Bale has all but said no more Batman, but again, if they were to go down the DKR route they would definately need to cast an older actor anyway.

Snyder went to great pains to say that it is not an adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. He just used it as inspiration for his story.

Personally, I don't think JGL is a good fit to play Batman simply because he's too small at 5'9". Batman and Superman should be approximately the same height so they need to find a guy who at least matches Henry Cavill's 6'2". If they don't get Bale back, I'm sure they will find a suitable replacement.

Last edited:
I am not sold on Levitt playing Batman at all...

And I like him as an actor.

Personally, I don't think JGL is a good fit to play Batman simply because he's too small at 5'9". Batman and Superman should be approximately the same height so they need to find a guy who at least matches Henry Cavill's 6'2". If they don't get Bale back, I'm sure they will find a suitable replacement.

Didn't stop Michael Keaton.

And they should cast a capable actor in the role. Even if it were not much more than a cameo it paves the way for new Batman films with a credible lead.

If they can make Tom Cruise look taller than Kelly McGillis in Top Gun, they can make the kid from 3rd Rock From the Sun look as tall as Henry Cavill.

As long as we see a GOOD actor playing an older, grumpier Batman beating the shit out of Superman, I will be happy. :D

So was I - he is a bit too wrinkly really.

Gives me an idea though - what about Josh Brolin? He's only five ten and a half but a lift on screen isn't hard.

So was I - he is a bit too wrinkly really.

Gives me an idea though - what about Josh Brolin? He's only five ten and a half but a lift on screen isn't hard.

He does do the grizzled manly man dude pretty well. But there's only a few years age separating him and Bale. I'm sure he could play older pretty well and he does have the chin for the role. I'd be down for that.

Wait a minute...... an old, fat version of Batman?

Val Kilmer!!!

Behahaha gold :D

On topic - I think this reallu sucks. Superman movies, each and every one of them, suck big salty balls. There is no way to make a Superman movie that doesn't suck, this has been proven time and time again.

Batman on the other hand, used to suck, but then something changed and it became seriously good. Bale was as good as Batman can get and the last 3 movies were absolutely awesome in every way.

Bring those 2 together and all you do is ruin Batman. There is no way to balance Superman with a super hero such as Batman. No good can come of this.

I just don't see this movie ever actually reaching theaters, there is just too many variables that come into play for it to actually be good and entertaining if they really are trying to build up to their own Justice League movie, and I really hope they aren't. On average, the DC movies (while fewer in number) have been far far better than the Marvel ones, and I'd rather have them keep producing movies that focus on a single hero in his own little universe than a bunch of shitty movies that are just 2 hour commercials for a shitty team up movie a few years down the road. Be like Pixar, keep things small and focused to keep quality up rather than trying to copy for a simple cash grab.