Superman & Batman movie

Just watch this and listen to Brando's words.

"They can be a great people Kal El, they wish to be, they only lack the light to show the way"

Superman Returns was a boring movie, but at least it carried the same message of hope. MOS had none of that, the message was "Yeah you have great powers kid, but DON'T ever use them, never stand out, always hide them and pretend to be like everyone else"

I will show my grumpy side with this comment, but I think Man of Steel is more "realistic".
That whole "They can be a great people Kal El, they wish to be, they only lack the light to show the way" feels too much like unicorn farts and rainbows to me.
:dunno:

Imho, Chris Stuckmann nailed his review of BvS. Don't worry if you haven't seen it yet, it's spoiler-free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoDGX0b5lzo

I've seen the movie, and I agree with the review on pretty much everything. If DC wants a similar success for their cinematic universe as Marvel has managed, they need to step up their game, and stop letting Snyder direct movies of this scale. He's awesome with visuals, but that's about it, and these movies need much more than just that.

Last edited:
I saw it last night. Overall, I enjoyed it. Wonder Woman was the best part of the movie. <3

The movie was entertaining and served as a good setup for the Justice League movie. My complaints were that batman's dream sequences were confusing and i didn't like that Batman killed. In my opinion, the fact that Batman doesn't kill is what makes him a hero instead of a villain.

The Graham Norton Show - Series 19: Batman Extra

BBC iPlayer said:
Graham is joined on his heroic sofa by Oscar winner Ben Affleck, starring as Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, his adversary Superman, British star Henry Cavill, and five-times-Oscar-nominated Amy Adams, who plays Superman's squeeze Lois Lane.

With music from The Pet Shop Boys, performing their new single The Pop Kids.

Watched this last night, very good show.

I understand that during the normal series, the show would usually be aired in the US the following day/weekend , which would be today on the 26th March.

However, as this is an "extra" from the BBC to coincide with the UK release of the movie, this may not be the case. :?

I really wanted to like it... but it was pretty bad. Lex Luthor was either a brutal miscast, awful character writing, or both. Same goes for Batman, I like Affleck but either it was the wrong role or he was just struggling with dogshit writing. So many plot elements went nowhere and the rest was hamfisted. Wonder Woman was in the movie for like 5 minutes and managed to be the least annoying character in the film.

Seriously, the flash-forward to the Superman-dictatorship Batman vision thing was the best scene in the whole film.

Nobody in their right mind thought Superman would stay dead, so the whole horribly overwrought funeral scene followed by the "surprise reveal teaser" felt like a complete waste of time.

"At least they tried" is the best i can say.

I never read any comics, so i don't know the story. But i thought batman was a smart guy.

In this movie his actions are dictated by the fear of an an alien. All i saw was blind rage.
Something i expected of our government, not the batman.

And suddenly he sees superman is a good guy because his mommie has the same name.

Like ... wtf?

Have to agree with the opinions on this page. Snyder is just not the right guy for this kind of movies.

In this movie his actions are dictated by the fear of an an alien. All i saw was blind rage.
Something i expected of our government, not the batman.

And suddenly he sees superman is a good guy because his mommie has the same name.

Like ... wtf?

The blind rage was not just simple xenophobia. Bruce failed to save his "family" (employees) during Zod's attack on Metropolis. He was especially hurt by this because in part he will always blame himself for his real family's deaths. All his anger at himself was displaced onto Superman. When he heard Superman plead for Martha's life, he was shocked enough to realise his error. I think saving Martha Kent provided Batman with some degree of personal redemption.

Last edited:
I'm going to go against the grain and say I actually really liked it. But that probably stems from my recent binging of DC comics, especially Injustice: Gods Among Us.

I think it was a very good recreation of the current state of the DC comics universe and aimed at comic buffs, rather than intended to bring the subject matter to a wider audience.

I never read any comics, so i don't know the story. But i thought batman was a smart guy.

If you're interested, I can make some suggestions on a few issues you could check out and would most likely enjoy as a newbie. Failing that, some episodes of The Animated Series from the 90's, they told some really good stories and totally rewrote the book on Mr. Freeze.

American comics are not really my thing. Tried some years ago. And i'm not really a fan of superhero comics. Especialy when they come with a new universe or tie-in with other heroes and whatever.

I'm more into the belgian-french type, ala Largo Winch or XIII.