Superman: The Man of Steel

It's being filmed 4 blocks from my house back home, I have no hope for this one.

And one filming location was on my route to work, at 7am one morning they decided to move manlifts about a mile down the road from their basecamp to the shooting location, blocked traffic for 30 minutes with no police roadblock or anything, just a production person holding up traffic.

So, since they wasted my time and money, I won't give them any of mine.
Oh, look. It's the as-stupid-as-it's-old "I want to watch movies but react pissed when seeing people working on them" move that locals love to pull when it comes to things like a road blocked for a shoot.

Oh, look. It's the as-stupid-as-it's-old "I want to watch movies but react pissed when seeing people working on them" move that locals love to pull when it comes to things like a road blocked for a shoot.

They weren't shooting until Noon, and they blocked the road at 7am without a police roadblock like they did when they were filming there. If they had police there, like they did for a week straight at 5:30pm on my way home, I wouldn't be grumbling because there would be more than some random person running out and flagging down everyone to stop.

Besides, you aren't local to it, it didn't affect your way of life so you can be as carefree as you want about it right? I mean being late for work and losing money when there's a big movie in town is no big deal right?

I don't watch movies very often, the fact they filmed in my hometown has not made me want to see it, I just don't care about it, simple as that.

Further, I am in the production industry so I understand what they were doing, I am just not a fan of how they executed it.

So respect my opinion of the movie and how it affected my community and I'll respect your opinion on the movie, OK?

Last edited:
its being produced by Christopher Nolan, its written by David S. Goyer.

cat_faucet_shit.jpg

Besides, you aren't local to it, it didn't affect your way of life so you can be as carefree as you want about it right? I mean being late for work and losing money when there's a big movie in town is no big deal right?
Well, I am not local to your town, but according to official figures more than 300 films are shot in the city I live in every year. So I know what a hazzle it can be to have to take a detour or can't leave your appartment cause of a film shoot. Still, I don't think one can built a sound argument that film crews ruin local businesses and affect a community in an overly negative way, especially if you look at what crews spent locally, even if they bring their workforce and their equipment with them.
Further, I am in the production industry so I understand what they were doing, I am just not a fan of how they executed it.
If that's "production" as in "film production" you should know about all of the above and it makes your post even more self-righteous.
So respect my opinion of the movie and how it affected my community and I'll respect your opinion on the movie, OK?
I think the new Superman film will be shit, we don't differ when it comes to that.

But what is it with the abuse of the concept "respect"? Did I spit into your face? Did I laugh at your opinion? No, I did not. I just fundamentally disagree with you. This does not mean I don't respect your opinion, I just happen to believe it's dead wrong.

Last edited:
But what is it with the abuse of the concept "respect"? Did I spit into your face? Did I laugh at your opinion? No, I did not. I just fundamentally disagree with you. This does not mean I don't respect your opinion, I just happen to believe it's dead wrong.

I hate to jump into this but I thought I should point out that opinions cannot be wrong by definition. An opinion is "a belief or judgement that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty." Let the guy have his opinions and you can have yours.

I hate to jump into this but I thought I should point out that opinions cannot be wrong by definition. An opinion is "a belief or judgement that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty." Let the guy have his opinions and you can have yours.
I give you that. But even if I re-phrase my statement as "I just happen to believe you're dead wrong", which is something that, due to the fact that opinions are not knowledge, I can claim, my point still stands.