No 56k: Surplus Cop Car Shopping; 56K gets cuffed and stuffed.

OK so deadline passed, did you get it?

Well, no, I didn't get the car for $100. Unfortunately.

I got it for $825 instead. :p There were other bids. Current retail value, $4-5000. :mrgreen: Came out well within the "Project: Town Vic" budget.

And now that I've got it, I must apologize for a bit of misdirection. The car wasn't actually down near Waco, unless you want to talk about "near" in the intercontinental or cosmic sense. It is actually in a small town in Wood County, Texas.

Picture+1.png

It is way out in the middle of nowhere and I'd never heard of it before. But they have a police department and they obviously have cars, soooo.....

Anyway, I photoshopped out the livery of the marked car next to it so that nobody could courier in a last minute bid - which turned out to be a good thing. :D

My mom is pleased. :D

Last edited:
Not entirely, and not even the majority. I'll post up the instructions a bit later. :D It involves the use of a dead tree repository known as a 'library'.

Last edited:
:lol: Well, my bid was less than the ammo cost of massacring the population of the town. :p :evil: Even evil must think economically in these hard times. :mrgreen:

:clap:

So now your mom has a Hello Kitty biking jacket, will be driving a former cop car and has spawned you to boot.

She is now officially badass!

And may I be the first to send the combined love and power of FG to increase her chances of the best possible recovery.

JakeElwood.jpg

?"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"

That looks decidedly like Quitman? Or am I off slightly. You are right, had I know it was in Quitman I might have driven on up there and tried to snipe it. You still would have one as I would only bid 400-500. But good job on the steal.

Annnd that would be why I was untruthful about where it was. If it was just something for myself, I wouldn't have cared so much as I could simply wait for the next one. It's not like we have a shortage of the things in Texas. :p

But this one's a build for my mom, and I only have until the end of September for it to be ready. Hence the misdirection.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the new car, Spectre! Can't wait to see what happens to it when it goes to Volcano-20!

Well, I'm going to go pick it up next Monday to give them a chance to file all the paperwork, and give me a chance to arrange a ride/convoy out there to pick it up. :D In the meantime, I don't expect it to go anywhere - it's in a police parking lot, after all. :p

Congrates, I'll love to see this once you install some of the Towncar trim.

Dude, should have gone with a C5 z06. The IRS would TOTALLY handle those potholes in Houston over that stick axle, no one could cut you off cause as soon as they start to move over you just jump on the throttle and shut 'em down!

Paint it black and throw a light bar on it. People will just think it's the cities special speeder catching machine :tease:

Dude, should have gone with a C5 z06. The IRS would TOTALLY handle those potholes in Houston over that stick axle, no one could cut you off cause as soon as they start to move over you just jump on the throttle and shut 'em down!

Paint it black and throw a light bar on it. People will just think it's the cities special speeder catching machine :tease:

:blink:

Yes because those are common. :rolleyes: There are 911 police cars in the U.S. too.

Please tell me this isn't true! That would be some serious goverment waste, that no one can dispute! Of course if it was a local unit then it was local money being spent, not state or federal, so at least it's not MY cash. ;)

The 911s being used as police cars in the US are either donated or seized through asset forfeiture laws. Tax dollars are not spent to purchase them. :p

We have a GT3 police car around here. I saw it out on the road once. Got a pic, but don't know where it is any more.

Yep. All those exotic sports cars used by the police in the US were seizers.