Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) 2016

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1961 Morgan
My yearly reminder that STPR happens the first weekend of June in North Central Pennsylvania (U.S.). It's a Rally America event and always exciting due to the nature of the roads and terrain. My friend Kev and I rarely miss going and will be leaving early Thursday morning. We'll be busy both Friday and Saturday this year. On Friday, we'll be working the timing controls on the Waste Management stages. On Saturday, Kev will be back working the clocks and control radios, but I'll switch over to being co-driver/radio for the #1 Safety Sweep car. My friend John and I will be 'chasing' the rally, locating cars that are "off" or broken, as well as handling any 'first responder' first-aid issues. It's our responsibility to assess all these situations and radio them back to rally headquarters. We leave two minutes behind the last car and drive 'quickly' :mrgreen: in John's WRX. We're supposed to 'back-off' if we catch up (within sight of) the last rally car...

As usual, I'll do my best to get photos, but we do stay pretty busy!

You can read more about STPR on their website at: http://www.stpr.org/

'Til next week...
SL

Interesting weekend! I'll try to do a write-up soon, provided I have a bit of spare time this week.

David Higgins & Craig Drew won in their Subaru. Pastrana crashed (twice) in pretty spectacular fashion, with the second one ending his rally.
If you're interested, final results are here: http://rally-america.com/events/2016/STPR

In the mean time, here's an interesting video from Stage 5 (Asaph). John and I were enroute to this, but had 4 other cars off before it to deal with. There was an ambulance and an EMT unit sitting at a spectator point mid-stage, so they also responded, getting there well ahead of us. This video is from the competitors directly behind the Subie.

All4now
SL