Swedish police cover up sexual assaults at Stockholm festival for two years

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Because the truth is obviously racist. At least that's what police decided.

New York Times said:
LONDON ? The police in Sweden, responding to accusations of a cover-up, said on Monday that they were investigating why the public had not been informed about sexual assault by men reported to be migrants at a festival in Stockholm last summer.

In echoes of the scandal in Cologne, Germany, where the police are investigating scores of assaults, often involving asylum seekers, on New Year?s Eve, the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter reported over the weekend that a gang of migrant youths had groped young girls at a festival in August.

The Swedish newspaper said that the police had not mentioned the attacks until it published details about them, and it accused the authorities of failing to warn the public before the festival that similar attacks had occurred in 2014, prompting speculation that the authorities were trying to avoid an anti-immigrant backlash.

The newspaper reported that it had seen a police memo from last summer that urged vigilance because there had been a problem at the festival the previous year ?with young men who rub themselves against young girls.? It reported that the attackers were mostly migrants, including from Afghanistan.

According to the Swedish edition of The Local, a news website, teenagers told Dagens Nyheter that they had been groped last summer at the festival, which is catered to 12- to-17-year-olds and whose 2015 program included performances by dance companies and circus artists.

?As soon as you came out in the crowd, they began to grope,? one 15-year-old girl told Dagens Nyheter.

The police on Monday said that they should have shared more information. ?We should certainly have written and told people about this, no doubt,? Varg Gyllander, a Stockholm police spokesman told Dagens Nyheter, according to The Local. ?Why it did not happen, I do not know.?

He denied there had been a cover-up, according to Swedish news reports, and he said that a police investigation was underway.

David Brax, a researcher of hate crimes at the University of Goteborg, said by phone that the accusations would help agitate an already intensifying backlash toward immigrants as countries across Europe were grappling with fears that terrorists and criminals were seeking to enter the Continent by masquerading as refugees.

He noted that the police might have hesitated to publicize the assaults for fear of stoking revenge attacks against immigrants.

Until recently, Sweden and Germany, both wealthy countries with relatively generous welfare programs, have been among the most welcoming countries toward immigrants.

Last week, Sweden introduced new identity checks for travelers arriving from Denmark, prompting its neighbor to impose new controls on people crossing the border with Germany. The moves by the two countries were the latest blow to borderless travel across much of the Europe, a cornerstone of European integration.

Mr. Brax said the emerging scandal in Sweden would embolden the far-right anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats, which won almost 13 percent of the vote in a 2014 general election.

?It will probably be a boon for the populist far right who are now celebrating that there is now proof that media and police are covering up crimes perpetrated by immigrants,? he said. ?They are having a field day.?

Anxieties over immigration in Sweden intensified over the summer when a woman and her son were stabbed to death at an Ikea in Vasteras, and an asylum seeker from Eritrea whose request had been denied was charged with the crime. Refugee centers in several sites in Sweden have also been set on fire in recent months.​
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/w...ce-coverup-sexual-assault.html?ref=world&_r=0

Field day it is! Like often when a journalist who do not speak the language is made to do a piece, the NYT have missed a few things. Police sources are openly admitting the reason they didn't say anything is because it'd be politically inconvenient, and the officers on scene said they would never have let their daughters anywhere near the festival.

??Det h?r ?r en ?m punkt, vi v?gar ibland inte s?ga som det ?r f?r att vi tror att det spelar Sverigedemokraterna i h?nderna. Vi f?r ta p? oss det h?r inom polisen, s?ger polischefen Peter ?gren till DN.
Translation: This is a touchy subject, sometimes we do not dare tell the truth because we think it'll play into the hands of the Sweden Democrats. We will have to admit to this, police chief Peter ?gren said. Of course by not telling the truth the police have completely played into the hands of the Sweden Democrats.

The ironic thing is of course that not only the police covered this up, but the paper credited with exposing it did too, until alternative media started asking inconvenient questions a day earlier. DN knew about this back when it happened but didn't run it because it would prove SD right.

Nyheter Idag said:
The Cologne sex assault on New Year?s Eve, where groups of Arab and North African men groped more than a hundred German women, has shocked Europe this last week. But a very similar incident, with a large number of perpetrators and victims, took place in the Swedish capital last summer. That incident however was silenced by large Swedish newspapers and media companies, despite repeated attempts from police officers to contact journalists. This is how leading Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter tried to cover up a politically inconvenient sex assault story.
A rundown of that here: http://nyheteridag.se/exposing-majo...cologne-like-sex-crimes-in-central-stockholm/

Where's that popcorn gif?

Last edited:
This is what happens when you suddenly get to see women that aren't covered head to toe and actually have rights.

Dat+ankle_4643ae_5352764.jpg

Isn't it wonderful when government decides what is and is not offensive to its subjects? Political correctness is killing the civilized world.

This is what happens when you suddenly get to see women that aren't covered head to toe and actually have rights.
it's worse, since these women are not "protected" and by that I mean property of their fathers/husbands/brothers it's ok to do w/e you want

Isn't it wonderful when government decides what is and is not offensive to its subjects? Political correctness is killing the civilized world.

Indeed it is. This is getting quite a bit of media coverage abroad as well I've understand, which is nice to see. TotalBiscuit (internet celebrity) said this which of course is completely correct:
Not every criticism of a culture is a *phobia. Cultural relativism as a concept is valid but not when you take it to the extreme. Yes I feel entirely ok with condemning countries that do oppressive things in the context of their culture and no I don't excuse them of that just because of said culture, religion or whatever. That is reasonable. Make the effort to understand empathise, learn about the culture, but don't give it a free pass on the problems you might think it has. Lemme put it this way. If saying "hey stop raping people" makes me or anyone else a racist, then call me a goddamn racist.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so613d

Heh, news this evening: an internal policy paper from the Swedish police have been dug up (read: handed over by disgruntled officers) where police are advised that they must not communicate indicators about the suspected perpetrators such as "length, skin colour, ethnic origin or nationality". No wonder they have a hard time catching people when they can't tell us how tall people are, how they look or what language they speak. Wow. Much failure.

"The police are looking for a man about, about 180 cm... errr, I mean a person that is kind of average height with fair ski... no wait... errr... a person who is a human that spoke... errr... in connection with the murder of a bl... err, person at Karlaplan."

Last edited:
[...] No wonder they have a hard time catching people when they can't tell us how tall people are, how they look or what language they speak. Wow. Much failure.
There may be a misunderstanding on your part. Here (or rather in Germany) Police give any information they have when searching for someone. Showing their picture, their skin color, language etc. Nothing wrong with that, no one not even the most Pc-person in germany is demanding that they wouldn?t.

But when they have made an arrest, Police are generally not discussing/publicating matters such as skin color or nationality - or pretty much any detail about the person.*

Those are two different sets of shoes. If in Sweden Police are really not allowed to give a description of people they are looking for - that would be terrible and incredibly stupid. So stupid that I think you may be wrong ;)

*remember, the police don?t determine guilt. They are a part of the executive. The Legislative branch (the courts) is the ones that rules if someone is guilty of a crime or not. And since everyone is innocent until proven otherwise, the police cannot release details about someone they?ve arrested and charged - because they are still assumed innocent legally. And just until the point that the courts have made their ruling, police are not allowed to discuss their suspects. All to protect that random innocent guy they arrest every now and then - so that he or she does not have her/his life ruined while being arrested wrongfully.

Last edited:

Good explanation of why . . .

* trying to cover up a story that hurts your agenda,
* getting caught,
* then trying to spin the story as symptomatic of already-present homegrown sexism,
* and finally targeting anyone calling you out for all the above, trying to paint them as racists and lump them in with neo-nazis

. . . doesn't earn much trust or help your cause (yes, there are more reasons than the blindingly obvious ones).

There may be a misunderstanding on your part. Here (or rather in Germany) Police give any information they have when searching for someone.

Actually, what AiR said is actually already happening in other countries - specifically for PC purposes.

http://editions.lib.umn.edu/smartpolitics/2015/02/25/university-of-minnesota-to-sto/
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/02...me-alerts-yes-a-criminals-race-matters-183027
http://rationalak.blogspot.com/2014/12/chicago-7-11-shootout-suspects-race.html

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...connection-with-2-attacks-on-women-in-irvine/

From the comments:
rondogg9 . ? 4 months ago
It would help if we knew who to look out for.

Is there a reason a description of the suspect was omitted from your story?

Give us a description of the suspect CBS Los Angeles!

Can we assume that the suspect is a black male, since his race and description were intentionally left out of the story?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bayarea/comments/3xzp15/berkeley_news_outlet_raises_ire_from_readers/
http://missionlocal.org/2015/09/after-initial-reports-sex-crimes-fade-into-statistical-obscurity/
http://mu-warrior.blogspot.com/2007/03/more-politically-correct-crime.html
https://saboteur365.wordpress.com/2...ot-dead-during-traffic-stop-suspect-at-large/

Tons and tons more where that came from.

Last edited:
This is just silly. Let some heads roll, figuratively speaking, stop being silly in the future, adapt, and move on. Then try to explain why it happened. Boggles the mind.

Sargon does this video as a weekly variety feature, but this one's focused on the migrant assaults.

We now know there were around 2000 attackers and 1200 victims in Germany, almost none of which have seen (or will see) any justice whatsoever. Police statistics show skyrocketing migrant crime in 2015 even according to conservative (and deliberately underreported) estimates. All this info was leaked of course, because sadly the cover-up attempt just seems to be a perpetual default state of affairs. The perpetual misinformation campaign also continues with a government-funded documentary portaying attackers as caucasians.

Remember that the authorities and media failed to even acknowledge it happened until so many witnesses and victims spoke out on social media (to an instantly global audience) that no one could ignore it anymore. Without the internet, would you even believe the mass assaults happened, or dismiss them as neo-nazi lies?

Which brings us to the latter half of the video. It lists several instances of the government using "hate speech" to crack down on political dissent, including raids and prison sentences. I hope this makes it clear why several of us in the other thread oppose attempts to pretend hate speech is somehow special and separate from free speech, or more fundamentally, attempts (by anyone) to become the authority who gets to decide which speech is "hate speech" in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SMfngZa1B4

Good explanation of why . . .

* trying to cover up a story that hurts your agenda,
* getting caught,
* then trying to spin the story as symptomatic of already-present homegrown sexism,
* and finally targeting anyone calling you out for all the above, trying to paint them as racists and lump them in with neo-nazis

. . . doesn't earn much trust or help your cause (yes, there are more reasons than the blindingly obvious ones).

european govts and press are still blatantly and repeatedly guilty on all four counts

It hurts my brain trying to understand all of this and it hurts my face when I finally facepalm after realizing it's not understandable, it's nonsense.

Why are european countries so hell bent into trying to pass as extremely accepting and immigrant friendly? Isn't that like reverse racism? Isn't true equality and acceptance, integration, judging all people the same way, no matter if they just walked through the border or if they can trace their lines to Bismarck?

It hurts my brain trying to understand all of this and it hurts my face when I finally facepalm after realizing it's not understandable, it's nonsense.

Why are european countries so hell bent into trying to pass as extremely accepting and immigrant friendly? Isn't that like reverse racism? Isn't true equality and acceptance, integration, judging all people the same way, no matter if they just walked through the border or if they can trace their lines to Bismarck?
This is a core reason for the rose of right-wing parties in Germany, France, US (Trump), etc - we've gone too far with the fluffy accepting PC nonsense.

There are several issues at play here. This thread should be about police, crime, and racial profiling, but you are bringing in immigration policy into it. For decades immigration policies have not judged people the same way (if an English immigrant and a Vietnamese immigrant try to move to Portugal, would they be judged equally?).

There are rapists and murderers in any nation or group of peoples, and they should absolutely be in prison. But what we are seeing here is a few bad apples affecting how we perceive the entire group of "migrants." That's not really fair. But it's also not without historic precedent - not all Irish, Italian, German, etc. immigrants were model migrants when they first came to the U.S., and the actions of a few resulted in wide-spread campaigns to stop the flood of Irish, Italian, German, etc. people. We got through it eventually, and progress prevailed. And then came the Chinese immigrants...then the Mexican immigrants...point being that societies always find a scapegoat.

Find those who rape, those who kill, and send them to prison. But don't cast a dragnet around everyone who just happens to be born in the same place.

There are several issues at play here. This thread should be about police, crime, and racial profiling, but you are bringing in immigration policy into it. For decades immigration policies have not judged people the same way (if an English immigrant and a Vietnamese immigrant try to move to Portugal, would they be judged equally?).

If you mean judged as in placed in front of a judge for breaking the law, I would certainly hope so.

Find those who rape, those who kill, and send them to prison. But don't cast a dragnet around everyone who just happens to be born in the same place.

That's what I'm saying, but I'm including a "positive" dragnet which judges people, in this case migrants, less harshly, because "oh poor people they're running away from war". They arrived, they're subject to the same laws, no cover ups, no hiding their dirt under the rug. I'm obviously talking about the bad apples here.

Last edited:
If you mean judged as in placed in front of a judge for breaking the law, I would certainly hope so.

For breaking the law - yes, absolutely.

For first entering the country...?

The problem isn't political correctness. Political correctness is a good thing. The problem is the self-appointed politeness police who consider it their jobs to enforce political correctness. They have no sense of context, irony, or basic common sense. Covering this up is not political correctness it's a fear of being called racist or "islamaphobic"( whatever that actually means ) by these people. They're capable of ruining careers and livelihoods just by tainting people with these pigeon-hole terms.

They're the problem. Not political correctness in and of itself. Accepting people and tolerating them, within reason, is a perfectly valid and noble thing to aspire too. But it's being used by, for the most part left-wing, extremists to censor anything they don't like.

Edit:

Corrected spelling mistake.

Last edited:
But what we are seeing here is a few bad apples affecting how we perceive the entire group of "migrants."
"A few bad apples" (as in, 2,000 in Cologne alone) when it comes to refugees = no problem!

"A few bad apples" when it comes to racist cops (as in, pretending they are racist when shootings are justified in order to pad stats) = huge systematic issue and cops are racist pigs.

:roflmao:

"A few bad apples" (as in, 2,000 in Cologne alone) when it comes to refugees = no problem!

"A few bad apples" when it comes to racist cops (as in, pretending they are racist when shootings are justified in order to pad stats) = huge systematic issue and cops are racist pigs.

:roflmao:

2,000 bad apples (Cologne)....in a pool of 736,000 refugees in Germany = 0.0027. If that's not a minority, I don't know what is.

Not to mention that there are currently 42 million refugees and asylum seekers worldwide. Incidents like Cologne paint all 42 million negatively.

How is anyone being judged for entering the country? As long as its legal entry, then it's fine...

The criteria for legal entry are usually not fair to all people - some nations, populations, and occupations are privileged. Those are often determined by the economic needs of the nation state. And you know what, that would be fine, as long as you are transparent and open about it. Write it into the actual immigration policy - We will give preferential treatment to engineers and computer scientists. My problem is that the law right now is pretending to be fair and equal to all immigrants.

Last edited: