Take us for a drive in your country

If you enjoy crap quality videos in dim light, with bad rattly sound and an obstructed view (and if you enjoy seeing people who apparently never saw snow in their life), I have just the thing for you:

It's mildly amusing. The road starts to get snow covered a few meters uphill. First the BMW driver panicked when he experienced light oversteer, the other car just gave up completely, the Peugeot was just slow as was the G-Class. And then it's just rolling down the Autobahn towards Frankfurt.

Never really drove the Espace on snow before, it was as expected, Audi-style on-demand understeer due to the engine beeing infront of the front axle. You can see the dashlights of me using the handbrake to get some cornering going...<_<

Last edited:
Video is private. - Happens to me almost everytime too... :lol:

Oh yeah, thank you, it might work now!

I just got a G1W and was testing it out. Immediately decided I needed another one. Also uploaded some of the result. :)

Damn, that island is just awesome roads by the looks of it from your video and Gmaps! Go there for vacation, rent bike/car, have fun! *puts it on bucket list*

Also Tenerife right next to it, did that in December :driving:

There I had the same power but about 400 extra kilos, so a slightly more leisurely pace... still ossum.

...and don't forget Mallorca, for the spring/fall instead of proper winter and half the flight time from HAM... though scrolling back I see you already noticed that from last February :nod: here's last November:

Last edited:
^ 6:30 "Going for the leftmost lane! Make way people!" :lol:

Questions:
- Is the clock correct?
- You say you cut out some parts, how long is the whole commute?
- What camera?

^ 6:30 "Going for the leftmost lane! Make way people!" :lol:
People tend to merge very, very slowly. That annoys me because I find it inefficient and, quite frankly, dangerous. Oftentimes I do head straight for the middle or left-most lane. However, I should mentioned that a) I do that quickly (you can hear the engine in that clip), and b) I am very careful not to cut anyone off.

- Is the clock correct?
I think it's off by an hour due to daylight savings time. It starts at 6:17 on the time stamp but I think it was actually 7:17.

- You say you cut out some parts, how long is the whole commute?
About 30 minutes.

- What camera?
E-Prance Mini 0801. I've had one for probably three years and currently have one in both cars.

Reactions: lip
I'll add a bit of my daily driving as well. A bit of playful driving with my toy car, heading to our family company after my SW practice. :D Also a shortcut through a closed factory area. Spotted the police at the last intersection, so I toned it down a bit after that. :p

That sandblasted windscreen won't give too good of an image, especially when it's dark. And to bring some perspective to noise levels, interior fan is on full blast all the time, which is drowned out by the camera leveling to the exhaust noise level. You can also enjoy the squeaky clutch pedal when I'm double de-clutching.. :p

Technically this is actually Liechtenstein, but realistically and from a Swiss point of view Liechtenstein is just one more canton of Switzerland. So there we go:

Remember this?
Screenshot__66795_.jpg

This was the road that was closed to the TG crew a bit further up because a bicylce race happend that day.
It truly is a suberb road, but as it is in real life, it has some slow midday traffic because it's the only road that connects the town of Triesenberg with the rhine valley.

0:18, AWD wheelspin. Wohoo!
0:26, my car is at the same position as the Porsche is in the screenshot above.

I promise I will visit this road again (and the parallel one that goes up the same hillside to the town of Planken) at a better time and with a better microphone/camera, to generate a longer video. Soon!

Last edited:
Technically I'm cheating here, but who gives a damn! I took the crappy chinese gopro on a ride on my bike...
Should've put it to take a pic every 1 sec instead of 2, but hey, what are you gonna do. Anyway... hope you can enjoy being taken along on a bicycle :)

(youtube is still processing some stuff and I hope that's why the quality sucks at the moment)

edit: route is available for the select few of you who have me added on endomondo.

Last edited:
LeVeL: is the whole Boston area as flat/dull for driving as your video?

After living in it for almost 20 years, I'd be tempted to guess the answer is "Yes, there are no fun roads inside 495". Still, being T-bound for various reasons, I can only guess.

This is a video from 2012, when I had the little 122hp Honda Concerto with it's ahem not very good 4-speed automatic box. So don't expect any sort of bark and snarl coming from this video. :lol:

North side of the Umbrail Pass, Switzerland, following a random ambulance up to a biker accident:

00:36, I spot the ambulance in my rear view mirror so I make room and wait for it to go by.
08:45, the infamous dirt road part of the Pass. Looks like straight out of a rallye game. Quite unique in Switzerland.
13:08, the accident site. A biker went off the road. Ouch.

As mentioned the little Honda wasn't very powerful and a lot of those 122hp never went past the silly gearbox anyway, but still, beautiful roadtrip scenery is beautiful.

A short test drive, since I got some appropriate gear to play with.

[video=youtube;af-5By_Kq28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af-5By_Kq28[/video]

My climbing attempts didn't go that well, but then again, I'm running on tyres that barely pass for winter use. Even by central European standards. :mrgreen:
bR6FHItDTFMPxbNIUEbFZGndHTIynkKoKma4ANkUXdI4-HhIuPvH7COO-7bsd28c--zeJ612zh9jvXWVngV3uDmZfw8xPOFsdRDg6bCoKrXW0uzKltGgP5WeJgnvtwg0fkQeoEzc3jDH__v9eqv0udW  Avjks6yrJMe-KXNXqZIXgAw1hn8TMcGsXMJZ299MC44NeYZWVo5Jff6LfXoj0OHwxrP6xlfWPCizKwkWE68iHxXMh6helmgKO  CilQX6SPZfaaJ7V0kyZ4tix9HXxWzaiS2xMvSl91BYKDH9G7mIL574omU4EpV5-bOpHm9apg5tkZ9kRdV2Bmh_oNrWTGMee6D1MkFU1VV68PIzzJhWS1paK4YSd-XnyhPfPztz6AmnGr5wtmTs70LG3uMGP2gZLFdODNy8wLV8231hyLKAmp-yDVTdf8bTEsdmJy7UeHI2kY2wHInR0B7j0T3TkoeCIW8HSAAz3dPHH4ziAlsZD79b15mSFNaIc30srbrMLOtS  jHIpP5c8kPA9TTPUnNm6Iv-Tdue3S04gtj-OM4YRCAXPixsKPOFLuKDBxzA39n4cF3cCQ-lb1mghlLuPMl83aSmIhMyUjAIbE2B5zILtPOZvcvvYvmmEfAP1NqkE8KkzvHmJVAo6m0fDybu6xmU3zm4KR0l  fgr69aa3DrX5Q=w551-h974-no