Take us for a drive in your country

Last week I bought an SJ4000 action cam and mounted it on my cycling helmet. This is what resulted when I cycled to my mum:

I set the FOV option to "narrow" and did a new video, cycling 10 km to the nearest KFC for lunch. No audio this time, the camera didn't record anything anyway and I couldn't be bothered to search for royalty free music...

Notable: at around 10:40min I had to evade a kid standing in the middle of the way, but I didn't expect mud there. The front tire slipped, but fortunately gripped again after half a meter so I was able to recover.

Last edited:
Quick test of the gopro mount for the new roadtrip season. Audio is very much WIP.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I might put a vinyl in that corner of the side window for a permanent FG watermark. :D

How is it mounted there? If possible I would probably move it slightly forward and angle down a bit, to have steering wheel in the shot still, but with less door seal.

Last edited:
It's suction cupped to the top front of the rear window. The only way to put it forward is to move it to the front door.

Anywho, here's a short test clip with a lav mic in the boot water run-off channel. Probably the best place for it.

[video=youtube;pBChXFQ8-6A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBChXFQ8-6A[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an alternative angle, with the suction cup on the front window and angled so the steering wheel is in shot, but there's not too much of the scenery blocked by the car.

CI6oQQg.png

vs previous angle:

9pL77rC.png

Since I started cycling I've developed a 20km route that takes me a little under an hour to finish. It's a good starting point until I get more stamina and strength in my legs.

Strapped a gopro to the front fork disk brake mount and this is the result @ 800% speed:

Full length video is still rendering.

No music, just the sounds of nature, wind and me choking on thousands of flies.

Next project - gyro stabilised mount. :p

Inspired by IceBone, I, too, made a video of my cycling exploits...
Oy! I showed cycling videos first (at least this year)... :shakefist:

Anyway, I have a timelapse as well, but I deleted the audio since all you hear is wind noise anyways... ;)

In normal speed:

Last edited:
Not a drive around my country as such but it's in my country so it counts. You can see the beautiful hot weather we're having. :p

Used IceBone's location for my weekend driving trip. I cracked the left rear window slightly, to run the microphone line to the trunk (via ski pass-through in the rear seat back) and also the car charger to the center console.

Here is my favorite road in the world in its entirety, BC-30 aka Port Alice Road:

Realized that part of my drive home from my Mom's takes me down some of my favorite roads:

Warning, some wind noise...i'll have to do another one once the AC is fixed.

nicjasno and I took a scouting drive along some roads I've been looking at for last legs of the Balkan roadtrip in 2018. Looks very promising.

4:12 - Fucking Audi drivers
9:11 - Small detour on more rural roads - might skip this during the final trip
12:20 - We sure we going the right way?
17:28 - Back to less fucky roads
19:17 - Stop for some hot suction cup pumping action
20:46 - BRAAAAAAAP
25:14 - No more flat valley, the pass road begins
34:27 - DENIED
44:05 - It gets narrow
45:49 - Serpentines start
52:25 - Welcome to Austria, the land of downhill serpentines
58:42 - More fucking Audi drivers!
1:03:02 - Hiiiiillcliiiiimb!
1:04:21 - Proved to be too much for some
1:08:52 - Welcome back to Slovenia
1:14:14 - The end of the pass

Bump.

All nice roads here are gravel (or ice), so my KTM is a very fitting toy. :)