Tanner Foust

And here is a quote from Ferrara's Facebook page: "Appreciate all your help with watching the game online. Im shooting #TopGear tomorrow, obviously the BBC doesn't' know the importance of American football !" It must be more than TGUS/BBC is what I'm gathering from that quote...

By "BBC", could he mean "BBC Worldwide" (which distributes the show), perhaps?

Anyway.

Tanner Foust said:
"British cars are kind of cool as well. I've loved the old Jag XKs ever since I saw the rich guy from Porky's driving his 120 Roadster. But really, I'm a big import fan. My first car was an ?83 Honda Civic wagon, which I ended up rolling seven times. Then I had a Honda CRX Si, followed by a 4000S Audi Quattro. I've had Euro cars ever since.

So he actually drove his second car in the First Car Challenge, then? Heh.

This part made me scratch my head a bit: "I like the international stuff, too. Our trip to Alaska for the tough truck film was a lot of fun."

Could just be two separate sentences. He did go to the UK for the Morgan review.

As I've said a number of times, TGUS and TGAUS have the same cast: pro driver, comic actor, and car expert.

And that doesn't raise some concern to you? The UK uses journalist as their host and the spin-offs get a modified version of the three stooges.

And that doesn't raise some concern to you? The UK uses journalist as their host and the spin-offs get a modified version of the three stooges.

Hammond may be considered a journalist now, but at the time TG started he wasn't. Clarkson and May were journalists, but Hammond was really more of a 'professional host' who happened to be a car guy, which is why he got the Motorweek gig.

As for the 'three stooges' host list you mentioned, I'm not really worried. TGAustralia's problems weren't due to the hosts, and TGUS seems to be doing fine. As for TGKorea, they have an actor r/t a comedian who is supposed to be an enthusiast, but those here who have seen it seem to not be bothered.

I suppose you think that by using such a lineup, you feel that the various TG spinoffs are less 'serious' or something? Not criticizing, just curious. And how did we get on (or rather, back to) this subject anyway?

I suppose you think that by using such a lineup, you feel that the various TG spinoffs are less 'serious' or something? Not criticizing, just curious. And how did we get on (or rather, back to) this subject anyway?

It does give that impression. TGUS is in my backyard and I want it to be the best it can be. The UK guys gives the impression they know cars very well and on our side the US guys always feel they are reading it of the cue cards. P.S. I don't know how we got here I was just courious when I noticed that the US and AUG host format was not the same as the UK and being this is a UK developed show, my thought was that this was planned.

Well, not to derail the thread, but you're right: it was planned. The lineups for the spin offs seem to be the same, for whatever reason (I'm sure the producers have their reasons, which we can endlessly debate but at the end are only guessing at). From some comments I've seen, chemistry between the hosts seems to have been important. Capturing the UK host's magic in a bottle is impossible without time (which is difficult for a new show to find enough of), so they wanted guys who could get along well and present a show respectably well. And I think they have that with these three, whatever their warts.

But back to the topic!

So, that Tanner; quite a driver huh?

Agreed. The guy is a monstrous driving talent from what little I've seen; they'd be foolish not to show that off.

I saw Tanner DESTROY all of his opponents in one of the Rallycross-EM Races in Norway earlier this year. I have never ever seen such driving perfection anywhere.
I was lucky to sit in the VIP-area right next to the track and that day was one of the best days of my life. Since then, Tanner is a "Driving God" if you ask me... Monstrous indeed, despite his tiny size.