Tanner Foust

... that's an even better burn than I was thinking up.

Stupid rep limit.

I like the second season more than the first. I'm pleased they've taken a departure from the UK format by spending more time out of the studio and simply driving and getting stuck in.

Showing off Tanner's ability in the last show gives cred to the show for actually knowing what they're doing. It was great that I knew him from TG-US before seeing him in The Race of Champions alongside Travis Pastrana, for example. These two guys and Ken Block are ideal characters for TG-US but as I learn more about Tanner from TG I think it would be hard for there to be a better 'driver' in the role.....and with a Degree on Molecular Biology, OMG!

"And no, I'm not the British Stig, Or the American one. But I guess I'm a bit like some of the UK presenters. I'm probably eight per cent James May - I'm kind of nerdy - 22 per cent Hammond - we have similar height constraints - 30 per cent Clarkson and 50 per cent Stig. But purely because I love driving. I'm not the Stig. Really. I'm not...

That's an interesting self-evaluation, Tanner. Such an adamant denial of your true alter-ego. :p

I wonder how the other two would label themselves?

You missed something important in that article.

He drove a Zonda for the show, so we should expect to see that either next season or the one after.

This part made me scratch my head a bit: "I like the international stuff, too. Our trip to Alaska for the tough truck film was a lot of fun."

Or it could have been the drive through the mysterious lands of Canada where they sampled exotic culinary dishes like poutine. Maybe they thought it was a real adventure. :p

Or it could have been the drive through the mysterious lands of Canada where they sampled exotic culinary dishes like poutine. Maybe they thought it was a real adventure. :p

So why no Duct Taped....anything on the cars?

"And no, I'm not the British Stig, Or the American one. But I guess I'm a bit like some of the UK presenters. I'm probably eight per cent James May - I'm kind of nerdy - 22 per cent Hammond - we have similar height constraints - 30 per cent Clarkson and 50 per cent Stig. But purely because I love driving. I'm not the Stig. Really. I'm not...

Maybe a little pedantic, but did anyone else notice he is 110% the same as the UK presenters according to his math? :lol:

Maybe a little pedantic, but did anyone else notice he is 110% the same as the UK presenters according to his math? :lol:

The TGUK hosts may point this out at some point when they are lambasting America and Americans. Which would be kinda cool. And Tanner can just respond that he is so much better than all of them. And that leads us back to him being an egoist. The thread has come full circle!

Well, he is a drifter, 11/10ths is the way of things.

The TGUK hosts may point this out at some point when they are lambasting America and Americans. Which would be kinda cool. And Tanner can just respond that he is so much better than all of them. And that leads us back to him being an egoist. The thread has come full circle!

Sounds like the perfect setup for TGUK vs TGUS.

And here is a quote from Ferrara's Facebook page: "Appreciate all your help with watching the game online. Im shooting #TopGear tomorrow, obviously the BBC doesn't' know the importance of American football !" It must be more than TGUS/BBC is what I'm gathering from that quote...