Ownership Verified: TAXIIIIIII!!! - 2006 Mercedes E200 T Kompressor Manual Wagon!

The products are made in the Ruhr area so it shouldn't be difficult to find.

At least here Forte is a premium brand mostly sold through garages. Aka the garage sells you a forte treatment and gets to charge for the product as well as labor. Liqui Moly is more towards the consumer.

That said, Liqui Moly does have a "Pro line" as well, stuff that requires more than just dumping it in the engine or fuel tank. I have a feeling that their pro line engine flush product might destroy the lubrication properties of the engine oil, which isn't an issue if you use it as described (IIRC pour it in and idle for an amount of time before performing an oil change) but you're probably going to have a bad time if you don't read the instructions, pour it in the engine on the parts store parking lot and go.

Rur, different Ruhr. I didn’t know the difference either, @DanRoM explained that one to me.

Because I don’t have a garage to work on things, I wouldn’t get something that goes into the oil. I’d try pouring something into the fuel and hope for the best.

Up to 366,000kms or 227,400mls.

IMG_5143.jpeg

IMG_5138.jpeg

The past couple months have had some maintenance items done. New front brakes, and new rear shocks, during which brake fluid was changed and back to winter tires. A week early regarding temperatures, but it was a convenient time last week.

So nothing new....... We're in the 368,xxxkms (or 228,664.5miles) range. Still has what I'm certain is a lifter tick upon cold start up, same as when I bought it a year ago, goes away after we're at an engine temp when it's 10C or less. Otherwise, it goes. Just drives and drives and drives. As of last weekend, it's been 1 whole year of ownership. Other than spending some money on maintenance, which were all normal of its age I think, it's been great. As an American, Mercedes vehicles are plagued with expensive repairs, owners not maintaining them like they should, buying outside of their budget (enough for the car, not for the maintenance) and ultimately, a bad experience all around after the first few years. So for me to have one, not diesel, and still humming along like it's just another day at the office is great for me. I'm still enjoying this thing. It's no sports car, but being able to depend on it, and it's not a basic-ass Nissan or something, makes me happy. For a vehicle of this age and mileage, I'm over the moon.

Mercs are made to be driven. E classes routinely rack up about twice the mileage of most basic-ass Nissans so 368000 km is really not that much.

Mercs are made to be driven. E classes routinely rack up about twice the mileage of most basic-ass Nissans so 368000 km is really not that much.

It's weird, because to me anything with even a crumb of luxury/comfort outside of what's required means it will be problematic. This isn't.

As an American, Mercedes vehicles are plagued with expensive repairs, owners not maintaining them like they should, buying outside of their budget (enough for the car, not for the maintenance) and ultimately, a bad experience all around after the first few years
The ocean-side effect strikes again

Despite the high mileage, this car looks in fantastic condition both inside and out! So kudos to Merc for build quality and all that (but I do think this was the last of the "proper" E classes that was super overengineered).

But also kudos to you, for maintaining it / fixing stuff / servicing it. Any car, no matter how good/expensive will look like ass if stuff is left to rot/break.

Not even fuzzy headlights or anything on 368k kms! Noice!

It does have a starting of cataracts in the passenger side headlight, I’m hoping it’s not bad enough to require replacement, even if its noticeably dimmer than the drivers side….

So, another annual maintenance was scheduled this week, I was hoping for a cheap month, hahaha, the used car curse strikes again. They found another exhaust leak that requires some welding, the A/C compressor apparently has some issues and the mechanic showed me this with the UV light, looks like refrigerant just went everywhere which makes sense why I needed refrigerant this spring/summer. With the way autumn seems to be in the cologne/aachen area, it’s preferable to have the A/C working just for the dehumidification aspect. Rain almost everyday since middle October is moist, who would have thought? 😀

Beautiful Merc!

I just drove home with a black S211 280CDI with slightly less mileage and slightly more wear. It's funny to compare how clearly yours is well kept by a meticulous owner and mine, well, is different.

Might make a thread when I get it into a garage.

I changed the radios. Now I have blauzahn, wireless CarPlay/android auto, as well as DAB if that matters anymore. Yay.

View attachment 3569960

Nice install with the Android unit!

Me personally, I like the original style. But obviously I prefer the added functionality of the Android unit.

I have the Comand-thingie with the factory NAVI and bluetooth dongle-thing. It's completely useless, but the style is great. I'll have to find a comparable Android unit to replace it with. Hopefully with an equally tidy install.

Beautiful Merc!

I just drove home with a black S211 280CDI with slightly less mileage and slightly more wear. It's funny to compare how clearly yours is well kept by a meticulous owner and mine, well, is different.

Might make a thread when I get it into a garage.

Nice install with the Android unit!

Me personally, I like the original style. But obviously I prefer the added functionality of the Android unit.

I have the Comand-thingie with the factory NAVI and bluetooth dongle-thing. It's completely useless, but the style is great. I'll have to find a comparable Android unit to replace it with. Hopefully with an equally tidy install.

Yeah, I was hoping to keep the original radio as I really don’t like having a display in the car at night. That said, I can switch off the screen, and it actually switches off, so you don’t have a grey box in your peripheral. I was hoping to use the Bluetooth dongle from Mercedes. Alas, I cannot find anything if it can do A2DP. The plus with those though is that fits wireless CarPlay, so I will sometimes not even take my phone out of my pocket.

I don't believe it's yours.
Touché. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I was hoping to keep the original radio as I really don’t like having a display in the car at night. That said, I can switch off the screen, and it actually switches off, so you don’t have a grey box in your peripheral. I was hoping to use the Bluetooth dongle from Mercedes. Alas, I cannot find anything if it can do A2DP. The plus with those though is that fits wireless CarPlay, so I will sometimes not even take my phone out of my pocket.
Exactly. All of these features I want. It's so cool that there's aftermarket solutions to offer this. I don't even mind doing a bit of ROM-hacking to get the Android system working properly, as long as the hardware side is decently functional.

I also have that Bluetooth dongle thing in the handrest. It's completely useless. Can't connect to anything, and driving in the night it gives this bright blue blink every 5 seconds that's REALLY annoying to have in the periphery of my eye. I keep thinking there's cops behind me.