Tea

Lol. That has little to do with tea I think. Remember, the Irish need a stronger tea for hangovers :p

Right now I've a Twinings Lady Grey in hand. Same as Earl Gray, but with citrus flavouring added. No need to cut a lemon!

Lol. That has little to do with tea I think. Remember, the Irish need a stronger tea for hangovers :p

Right now I've a Twinings Lady Grey in hand. Same as Earl Gray, but with citrus flavouring added. No need to cut a lemon!

lol. DO the Irish drink?

Made myself an English breakfast tea with lemon and half teaspoon of sugar, still brewing...... come on!

Last edited:
60 degrees = perfect

I love tea. Can't live without it. It calms me down especially when I'm feeling really stressed.

One of the best feelings in the world is sitting indoors on a cold, rainy day, cup of tea in hand and a good book to read.

Ah, here it is:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOuImQUeQ-w[/YOUTUBE]

Yes! Someone else who loves it, too!
Spend 6-8 dollars and get some from a local Starbucks. They're brilliant.

Back in India, we just make normal Chai, crush a pepper kern or two into it and it cures almost any common throat ailment :)

Chai is really a perfect cureall. Oh how I miss it. More than pretty much anything else I miss from there, as I can at least make or fake decent Indian food. Somehow the teas just can't be replicated though.

Ah, here it is:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOuImQUeQ-w[/YOUTUBE]

I do that too when somebody makes a cup of tea for me. Take out my thermometer and see if its the right temp. If its not I just give it back until they get it right.

I've broken down! I need a place to buy good (looseleaf) tea online that has a decent selection and low prices.

Any good ones?

I like very very strong ceylon tea with a splash of milk and two teaspoons of sugar (one if I use a smaller normal sized cup). I have one cup at breakfast and one after dinner and i've never found that it's made me too wired to sleep. I also like green, chrysanthemum and jasmine tea and we had a Japanese exchange student last year who made us matcha, which is definitely an acquired taste...quite strong and bitter, but I would like to try it again. I'm not a fan of herbal or chai teas.

^I've been curious about the Ceylon tea. What can you compare it to?

The past few weeks my mum has been offering to make cold sweet tea, I don't know why. It's not my preferred, but who am I to refuse, so I thought I'd tell "y'all" about it. I figured that because I don't particularly enjoy typical sweet tea, I'd try to improve things. Diving in to the tea cabinet, I noticed I had a huge surplus of Earl Grey, so I tolm my mum to use that instead. The result was quite nice and refreshing, and much better than typical sweet tea.

^I've been curious about the Ceylon tea. What can you compare it to?

Well I can tell you my mom was using a tin of tea labeled 'orange ceylon tea' and she thought it was Earl Gray.

I don't know if the label was wrong or what, but it would appear they are close?

Ceylon tea according to Wikipedia. It's basically black tea from Sri Lanka. Apparently it's called Orange Pekoe in the States, which is a generic term there for black tea. Earl Grey is tea with added oil from bergamot which gives it a citrusy flavour, and I'm not a big fan of it.

I just had my bedtime cup of tea and am struggling to keep my eyes open. The caffeine thing really doesn't work for me.

My mom and I are both hopeless tea addicts. I drink so much tea it keeps my teeth from getting really white, even though I quit smoking a year ago. She drinks some weird powdered black/white chai shit, and I like higher quality stuff. Stash Earl Grey is my current favorite but that could change. Stay away from Bigelow Earl Grey, the shit tastes like lawnmower clippings. And I'm gonna have to go against the grain concerning green tea. I LOVE green tea. I have to make it a little stronger than usual however, because the flavor is so light and fluffy. Green tea is imo better when iced though.

As a matter of fact, because of this thread I'm going to run to the store and replenish the tea stocks today.

I don't know about you guys, but tea seems to work both ways for me - it perks me up in the morning, and then puts me at ease at night before I sleep.

Ceylon tea according to Wikipedia. It's basically black tea from Sri Lanka. Apparently it's called Orange Pekoe in the States, which is a generic term there for black tea.

Yeah, I know where Ceylon tea comes from. It's kind of obvious considering it's named after the country it comes from. ;) And no, it isn't called Orange Pekoe that often in the US, at least where I live. (???:blink:) I was just curious about the taste, so I would know if it is worth trying.

Honey + Lemon tea is one of my favorites, especially in the current crap weather.