Tea

Earl Grey Tea (Twining?s) made with boiling water, brew for four minutes, no sugar, and a tiny amount of milk. Perfection! :)

(Just having a cup now even though its a bit late here!)

I bought stole a teapot from my mom, I can feel my tea drinking life improving already.

Now I just need to buy some tea leaves and the fun can begin. :cool:

I can't stand tea with milk. :yucky:
Luckily, there's a store near my house with hundreds of kinds of tea, I enjoy going there just for the smell... :)

I do love my tea. Having said that, I like "builder's tea" - made using a teabag, of probably a cheap brand, with lots of sugar and milk, as I'm not a huge fan of the normal 'bitter' taste of un-milked and unsweetened tea.

Having said that I'm a big fan of chai and I'm glad there's a speciality tea shop / cafe near me.

edit - apparently, on average every Brit consumes 2.1 kgs of tea each year!

Actually, since we're discussing tea, I was wondering if someone could answer my question. I was in a chai cafe in France and had some kind of tea drink which one had to mash with a pestle during the drinking. It was absolutely fantastic, but I've no idea what it was - I may have picked it at random. It was warm and spicy. Any ideas?

Also also - A fantastic rap about tea

Last edited:
I got sick a few days ago. I've had 10 mugs of hot 'English Breakfast' tea per day since.

I can't stand tea with milk. :yucky:
Luckily, there's a store near my house with hundreds of kinds of tea, I enjoy going there just for the smell... :)

Ah! Yes, in Summer no milk, but Tea with lemon slice.:)
In winter, milk must be cold from the fridge.
(Not heated & frothed as in a Latte, like a guy in a Coffee place tried to give me the other day in my Tea, yeuk!)

actually i also have my cups of tea much like teeb. an normal tea bag, some milk and 2 spoonfuls of sugar. typically i'll have a cup of tea when i get up in the morning with some toast and then probably more later on in the day. since i lost my job and when I'm not scouring the earth for work i can usually be found with my copy of Lord of the Rings with a cup of tea.
I've tried coffee in the past and just absolutely hate the stuff and the only other hot drink i can go near is Hot Chocolate to which i found a great place in oxford last Monday which does the greatest hot drinks I've ever had.

I am a huge fan of tea. I usually try to have at least three cups a day. I drink almost entirely loose tea and have been for years. However, I am a student and thus must still use far too many tea bags then nature intended.

Also on a side note, putting anything in your tea ruins the taste.

I like a good cup of tea everyone in a while :) Especially with some milk and honey.

The drinks machine at work never stirs the tea properly (read: Doesn't stir it at all) so unless I actively remember to swirl it every time I pick it up there's a nasty sweet bit at the bottom that makes me screw my face up every time (regardless of who's around/what I'm doing).

When I was a kid I'd put extra sugar in there just so the end bit would always be mega sweet. I loved that!

I have been unable to get a solid mug of chai since I was in India. I don't know why, but it seems like even Indian restaurants can't do it justice.

I drink a lot of tea, but weirdly I can only drink it if nothing is added to it. Imo, adding honey, sugar or milk into tea ruins the taste, no idea why.

I have been unable to get a solid mug of chai since I was in India. I don't know why, but it seems like even Indian restaurants can't do it justice.

Probably because even the best kinds lose much of their freshness by the time they hit our shores. Food is just so much tastier in that part of the world...

I drink a lot of tea, but weirdly I can only drink it if nothing is added to it. Imo, adding honey, sugar or milk into tea ruins the taste, no idea why.

I've been drinking it with no sugar or milk for a few months now... it's really nice. It's the only bitter thing I enjoy - hate dark chocolate, black coffee, bitter lemon...

I :heart: tea. Especially green tea, chai, earl grey, and black tea. ^_^ Last time I was down in Seattle, I went to Uwajimaya, a Japanese market in the International District, and I picked myself up a big ol' package of green tea. Then, there's also the AriZona tea brand that's sold here, and we always get the jugs of green tea with honey and its just amazing ^_^ plus they sell the stuff in those big energy-drink-type cans for only .99$. Best stuff ever. And as for chai, there's Oregon Chai which isn't bad - but I've never actually had true chai. Just Chai Tea Lattes. Still, they're delicious, especially when warm. ^_^

Arizona FTMFW!!!

I don't like any of their new age stuff though, not enough tea taste. But the regular iced tea and fruit punch are pretty much my best friends.

Good 'ol English Breakfast. Fresh and light. An all round good tea and a classic.

I havent branched out into any Herbal teas. Suggestions?

My daily drink is Twinings Irish Breakfast. It's just a bit stronger than English.