Tea

We have a few of these, including one of the larger ones (now called Iced Ingenuitea, or whatever). I like it.

that looks quite nice.
i actually thought about just throwing all my tea into the pot without any filter / sieve as well, since i'll transfer it to a thermos afterwards anyway... i think i'll try that this afternoon :think:

I love tea. All sorts of tea.

that looks quite nice.
i actually thought about just throwing all my tea into the pot without any filter / sieve as well, since i'll transfer it to a thermos afterwards anyway... i think i'll try that this afternoon :think:
No it will stew.

You need to decant it into your thermos - what you need is one of these :

Tea-Strainer-16540825690.jpg

Got confused by the :

actually thought about just throwing all my tea into the pot without any filter / sieve as well, since i'll transfer it to a thermos afterwards anyway... i think i'll try that this afternoon :think:

Did not say that the transfer will be the strained tea - I thought you were going to bung the whole lot in the Thermos which would, of course, be an invitation to, (literally) a suck fest.

Got confused by the :

actually thought about just throwing all my tea into the pot without any filter / sieve as well, since i'll transfer it to a thermos afterwards anyway... i think i'll try that this afternoon :think:

Did not say that the transfer will be the strained tea - I thought you were going to bung the whole lot in the Thermos which would, of course, be an invitation to, (literally) a suck fest.

haha, yeah i did actually mean putting the strained tea in the thermos... i have experienced the horrible stuff that happens when you leave the leaves (yo dawg?) in for too long :(

oh, and to evaluate: it actually works wonders for taste. before i had to leave it pretty long for the whole 1,5 litres or whatever that fit in the pot to take on the flavour, which in turn made some of the flavour turn a bit nasty. now it's awesome :)

Last edited:
Anyone ever have Yerba Mate, thinking about buying some.

Tea makers/infusers?

tve11726-00000304-897.gif

Anyone ever have Yerba Mate, thinking about buying some.
It's an acquired taste... I honestly find it impossible to describe.

Something that should be made legal is mate de coca. Why on earth it's banned is beyond me; might as well ban poppy seed buns if the relation to a drug is the problem.

Tea makers/infusers?

tve11726-00000304-897.gif
Erm... pardon?

I was quite amazed to see this entire thread, and not have James May's contribution in here somewhere!

So let's make up for that:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsTWBL6fGII[/youtube]

In any case, I am a big tea lover myself, though I don't get around to making it as often as I should :)

I was very disappointed when I went to London recently, and yes they had Tea in the rooms, but it was terrible (not my fault, genuinely weird, awful stuff they had there), and they didn't even give us proper sugar, only that fake sweetener stuff!

I have to make up for the fact that I don't really drink coffee somehow :p

Oh yes Tea. Now that it is cooler enough for me to drink it to keep warm and etc, I have gotten out my tea supplies. I go to a shop somewhat near my Grandmother's house because it has some excellent selection of loose leaf tea. The lady is also extremely nice and you can hold some interesting conversations with her.

Purple Oolong tea FTW.

Also, the main way how I brew the tea is using one of these: http://www.strandtea.com/shop/shop-...ins/glass-tiger-tea-brewing-cup/prod_426.html

It's pretty convenient for traveling and I like how solidly they are built. (Just don't drop them to the ground from afar!)

Oh I don't take the black tea with me. I take the white/green/herbal teas that I have (plenty of) because the black teas would turn out too dark. However, if you just use it as a brewer it works pretty great because you pour it out into your favorite mug after steeping time. It also brews 8oz of tea so it's guaranteed to brew enough to fit into most tea mugs. (This is the main reason why I use and also it is because it looks cool to watch tea steeping in the glass, Purple Oolong for example, but it's also convenient for when I do take it along to school.)

My new shipment of tea, including some flavored varieties, has arrived. I'm drinking the strawberry today. So yummy.

There was some yerba mate in this shipment, too, but I haven't tried it yet..

Last edited:
I love Assam Mangalam and Kenia Saosa... I prefer black tea but I like the others too.

Today I'm sipping my second cup of Ginger Peach flavored tea from Adagio. I should have read the Ginger reviews before ordering. The taste in my mind when ordering this tea was:
3787462739_cbaff4b367.jpg

Instead it tastes like:
tea-monochrome.jpg

It's... a perfectly fine tea? It has a vague hint of something vaguely like dried out, weak ginger. Sometimes I might get a hint of peach. The base tea isn't strong enough to carry it when compared with the Strawberry flavor or even the "basic" Irish Breakfast.

As I sip it, it's getting slightly better. The "poor quality ginger" flavor is getting more mild, and the peach notes are shining through more often. Still, it's just not up to the bar the other teas in our pantry set. The next time I want a peach tea, I'll stick to just the Peach flavor.