Tea

I wonder why I haven't posted anything here..

Oh well, I haz some. :p
IMGP9642.JPG

Most of them are variously flavored green teas, with few (flavored) white and black teas thrown in. I think all loose leaf teas I have are made in Finland (mixes that is, tea itself comes from Japan mostly). Can't be bothered to list them all obviously, but I seem to prefer mixes that often include variety of citrus fruits, jasmine and marigold. There's also mint and strawberry tea and as an example one of the more interesting mix including chili, cardamom and fennel seeds. :)

As green tea requires lower temperatures, I have a boiler with adjustable temperature. Electrolux eewa 7500 to be exact. For infusing I use a 1l french press, though usually with separate metal sieve as it's easier to clean.

Last edited:
my hot drink shelf look about the same i have a smart kettle to heat my water to the right temp

Autumn update. For some reason cool and rainy weather made me want to drink my tea with milk and sugar. Green teas aren't fit for that imo, so Lipton Berry bliss has been my main tea of choice for a month or two.

IMG_10304.JPG
Black tea with blackberry, black currant, blueberry and raspberry.

Last edited:
:drool: i have a very nice black tea with black berry, but without all the other stuff, and that is already very nice.
after drinking basically anything from white to green to black to red (roiboos), the last month or two i've nearly only drunk black tea. i don't quite know why, but somehow, any time i make tea, it's the most appealing choice at the time :|

I'm really glad Lipton brought that back, they used to sell it by the name of "Blue berries" (or something like that) some years ago but then it just suddenly vanished from the stores. It's one of my regular (and surprisingly cheap) teas :) They also make a nice tea with blackcurrant. Not really a fan of their Forest Fruit or whatnot, I find the taste of strawberry somewhat strange in my tea and it tends to overpower all other flavours.

Bump.

More tea arrived. Also banana for... breakfast. ;)
IMGP2533.JPG

2x 250g bags of Tango, probably my favorite tea (black/green sencha, oolong and ceylon tea with raspberry and rowan(?))
100g of jasmine sencha tea
100g of white Pai mu tan tea flavored with strawberry.

And the reason for such sizes is postage. Even with that order postage is almost 20% of the cost.

And the reason for such sizes is postage. Even with that order postage is almost 20% of the cost.

that kinda sucks... luckily, i have 4 or 5 tea shops here in town and most of them have a pretty good selection of stuff :)
that tango sounds interesting, never actually had a mixture of black/green/oolong teas. i'll have to see if i can get something similar somewhere...

how did you like those berry teas by the way?

lovely, there's still quite a lot of them left (because i have too many to choose from) :D

Bump.

Green sencha tea with roasted rice. Yeeeah, no. Surprisingly, tastes quite a lot like bancha, also not my favorites..

Green sencha tea with roasted rice. Yeeeah, no. Surprisingly, tastes quite a lot like bancha, also not my favorites..

that already sounds a little weird...

I just realized I haven't actually posted my fancy ass new tea-pot in here, a Mono Filio 1.5 litre.
94IWTgt.jpg

my fancy ass new tea-pot in here, a Mono Filio 1.5 litre
Nice! I've ogled those every time I've come across them, but the price is a bit steep for my kind of budget... IIRC, that is.

As for tea culture, I had a very nice surprise recently before a pickup at a hospital in London. A nurse asked me if I wanted some tea while I waited, I gladly accepted and looked forward to a paper cup or a mug with some Twinings, if that. What arrived was this:

Hospital_Tea.jpg

<3:wub::drool:

Nice! I've ogled those every time I've come across them, but the price is a bit steep for my kind of budget... IIRC, that is.

that it is, a bit :| but at least i got two of those glasses for free with the pot and after two weeks of debating whether i should get it or not i just decided all other teapots weren't what i wanted, so screw the price...

Such varieties, i stick to a simple black loose leaf, with added darjeeling and orange pekoe blended in, never bother with anything else, tea is my coffee

Just started drinking something called "pu er" tea. It's really really tasty! Better than the average green/black tea.

consider me intrigued, i've never heard of it before but just now read half the wikipedia article about it. sounds like i should try it!

oh and, welcome aboard :)

Remind me to bring you a bottle of the local water here to the Ringmeet. So you can experience how tea can taste like ;)