Team Finalgear in the 24 Hours of Lemons

Well, so far, I only saw Punisher Bass say anything negative about phil. you did happen to say something negative about Team #69 though lol.

oh, sorry, we were poking fun at ya for being tar & feathered. Sorry, but just relax man. Team #69 got their wristband cut and had to drive around with a blow-up doll. None of us were talking like that on here.

oh, btw, I'm Chris. . .and I am big. people are baffled that I'm this fat american who haden't shaved in 2 days, and I only took credit because everyone was shaking my hand, patting my back, and telling me I'm the one who made the positions change early on. Relax; we're all a team and everyone took credit for our overall position at the end. I only made that ground early on when there were like 3 laps between 12 positions.

Who cares about the car, it's not like we can't find another one anyway.

we care about the car mostly because it's now been tested and proven. it has the oomph to keep us near the top (many slower racers were actually ahead of us) and barring it getting wailed on by 25foot of detroit iron, it's completely reliable. There were some unfortunate parts to the race but I think it's the fact that we got away with having practically zero spare parts. If not for the inventive imagination of the whole crew and friendly teams all around the lemons pit area, we would have never made it to the end. Phil vented the hood which helped with heat issues early on, I came up with a way to plug the radiator, quiky scrambling around for materials, and karl and john for tire changes, executing fixes, even grizz(you all don't know him, buddy of mine came to be pit crew) had his gerber out in a flash that lets us work on darn near everything. . .my dad even pitched in with a fix for the thermostat housing. It truly was a team effort, and I think many people are discounting the non-FG people, but the bottom line is we made it to the finish line in a top 20 spot. That's one heck of an achievement considering there was about 60% of the field coming in for repairs on a regular basis in the closing hours. all we needed was driver changes, a little petrol, and keeping an eye on those tires.

Relax; we're all a team and everyone took credit for our overall position at the end. I only made that ground early on when there were like 3 laps between 12 positions.

Excellent attitude! :clap:

Quicky and Serj, I am sure you have both mulled this over, but I would like to chime in about organizing the team, if you are indeed serious about doin it next year.

First off, a team manager. One that is good at people management, who wants to be the director. This cannot always be the person who comes up with the idea of racing, in fact it is better if they are neutral. That means they will sit on the sidelines, organize the rotation of drivers, make the call for pitting, settle disputes at the track, arrange traveling expenses, find the vehicle and communicate to the other members.

At least 3 drivers. They will do nothing but drive. One or two may have secondary duties, like being a runner at the track for the manager.

A mechanic. Again, that is all that they will do. Other members of the team can help, but only if the mechanic allows them.

Technical. This will be the person who tracks the progress of the race, communicates of any disputes to the team manager, takes pictures, gets food for the team, communicates with the rest of the world via IRC client.

Is this unrealistic? No. In the course of a year, you can find all the people listed above who will all be happy to volunteer, you just have to put faith into them.

Are my suggestions a bit much for a rinky dink race? Again, no. What you will have is a team with set goals for each person; efficiency will follow.

Am I coming across as a patronizing dick? I hope not. I just want Team Final Gear to succeed! :)
PM if you have any questions.

is Phil on these forums?

whats his user name?

I'm surprised one comment from me helped cause a hissy fit. Doesn't he realize he was tarred and feathered for a reason?

alright guys. I'm sorry if we don't all show the same point of view, but it was an incredible experience, and things are already set in motion for next year. we WILL be prepared.

To my credit, my suit fit perfect, and it was actually the closest fit in the shoulders, lol.

but yeah, I had some in mind, bitch :p

video is streaming;
mms://JAGUAR.GERPOK.COM/StreamHome1
Enter into WMP, MPC, VLC, etc..

Just a bunch of clips from the race- a few hours of incar, a few hours of track... all live stream right now. Downloads will be up later.

:lmao::idiot::burnrubber::stupid::driving: :roflmao:

That is what I think of his driving in that video. Seriously, rubbing and stroking the shifter for an automatic?

Hey, just want to let you guys know that you got a spot in one of Hot Rod Magazine's articles about the 24 Hours of LeMons.:clap: They showed a picture of you getting tarred and feathered for a black flag, even mentioning the team name. I can scan the article if people would want it.

Reactions: Jay
Thanks for the scan, guy.

After sitting for a while.. this is the end result of the bimmer.