TEAM Uber Krew TV - a ripping group that does Fifth/Top Gear

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Someone AIMed me a while back and said they had a source too if need be. I passed as we already have VUK, but I'll be using them as a backup.

So, long story short, the last Fifth Gear (May 10th) somehow fucked up when recording it says VUK. So I'm gonna get it off them, but the guy sent me a sample of the May 3rd Fifth Gear and I'm happy we have VUK working for us. He's doing a better job than this team. :)

You'll need XviD (link) to view this clip:

http://files.viper007bond.com/videos/cars/uktv-fifthgear506-sample.avi

About the same res, but it seems to be a lower frame rate than the ones we have.

Yay for VUK! :)

Vuk is his name actually (only found out the other day) and he's my source for the videos.

same here, as in Viper-UK since he likes vipers...i think. :|

the res in that one is nice too.. i saw nothin wrong with it.. better than nothin as i always say heh

Seems to me there are two possibilities:

1) They are snapshots of two different frames and the aspect ratio is messed up on the top one.
2) They are snapshots of the same frame and the top one is from a widescreen source and the bottom one is not.

Do they broadcast widescreen yet in the UK?

top is a proper streamdump from the high-def (HDTV) source; the aspect ratio is correct

the bottom (VUK) is cropped, as well as lower resolution, over-saturated, and watching the entire clip you will notice that the picture is not nearly as sharp (he probably used a heavy smooth filter)

hell, both are doing a good job,
which ever one wants to provide is cool by me, i ain't going to be picky...

no not exactly

viper says that he thinks VUK's rips are better, I am simply voicing my opinion which happens to disagree over this highly subjective matter

The top one gives you 25% more gear :lol: :lol: :lol: .

All kidding aside, I'm happy that I get to see top / fifth gear at all, that is the most important thing to me.
How good it looks / sounds is insignificant compared to that (but I do agree with Smahatma, based on the stills, that the other source is a bit better).

I am very grateful for this site, Vuk, Viper, this alternate source, and all the members on this site.

Smahatma said:
top is a proper streamdump from the high-def (HDTV) source; the aspect ratio is correct

the bottom (VUK) is cropped, as well as lower resolution, over-saturated, and watching the entire clip you will notice that the picture is not nearly as sharp (he probably used a heavy smooth filter)

the top one looks more noisy to me... but what I disliked about the small vid Viper posted is the lack of framerate... it feels jerky sometimes... but other than that the image quality is very good IMO

i actually dislike widescreen cuz i don't have a widescreen monitor =[

teh qual is very similiar and yes VUK does use a smooth filter

Smahatma said:
uktv.jpg

vuk.jpg

vuk on the bottom; take your pick
Resolution actually means jack shit. It's the video bitrate that matters.

You could have a 2000x1000 rip but if your bitrate is low, it's shitty than a lower res one.

Team Uber put together a very high quality rip, but keep in mind that at 9mb for each minute of video Uber's file size is almost twice that of VUK's rip.

Oh yeah, that's right. Forgot about that. Personally, I like Vuk's quality/filesize ratio. I like having them on my hard drive and not CD and I also like them not being f'ing huge. :)