• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

TechArt Porsche 997 Carrera S Police Car

pdanev

Forum Addict
Sorry, no info, found it on a wallpaper site. Suddenly I'm reconsidering my education as an economist, and thinking about applying to the Autobahnpolizei. :thumbsup:

techart-porsche-997-carrera-s-police-car-1965.jpg

techart-porsche-997-carrera-s-police-car-1967.jpg

techart-porsche-997-carrera-s-police-car-1966.jpg

techart-porsche-997-carrera-s-police-car-3378.jpg

techart-porsche-997-carrera-s-police-car-3377.jpg

techart-porsche-997-carrera-s-police-car-3375.jpg

Here's the article to go with it:

TECHART police patrol car is the symbol of
"TUNE IT! SAFE!"

Contrary to the general economic trend, tuning is gaining in popularity in Germany. Car enthusiasts spend 4.4 billion euros each year on the personalization of their vehicles. And the trend continues. Although reputable tuning companies place strong emphasis on dependability, safety and responsibility, the market abounds with inferior and often illegal products and supposedly inexpensive pirated copies, ranging from spoilers to rims.

It is this safety risk that industry, government, associations and the public authorities now wish to counter together in a nationwide campaign involving fair promotions, advertisements, posters, online presentations, press and public relations and many other activities.

The symbol of the campaign is a TECHART police patrol car, based on a Porsche Carrera S (997).
The vehicle communicates the cooperation of public authorities and the tuning industry.

This sportscar will be the eye-catcher of the campaign "TUNE IT! SAFE!" at the Essen Motorshow 2005.

TECHART police patrol car based on Porsche 997 Carrera S
Basic:
Porsche 997 Carrera S
Cylinders: 6
Displacement: 3.824 ccm
Max. power(DIN): 261 kW (355 hp)
at revolutions per minute: 6.600 1/min
Max. torque: 400 Nm
at revolutions per minute: 4.600 1/min
Drivetrain: rear axle
Transmission: 6-speed
Fuel consumption/
emission on 80/1268/EWG:
City in l/100 km: 17,1
Highway in l/100 km: 8,4
Combined in l/100 km: 11,5
CO2-emissions in g/km: 277
TECHART Modifications:
Aerodynamics: TA Front Spoiler I TA Roof Spoiler
TA Rear Spoiler II TA Headlamps Covers
TA Diffusor Application
Engine: Power Kit TA 097/S1
consisting of: Sport Air Filter
TECHART Motronic
Max. Power (DIN): 272 kW (370 hp)
at revolutions per minute: 6.500 1/min
Max. torque: 406 Nm
at revolutions per minute: 4.200 ? 6.200 1/min
Exhaust system: TA Sport Exhaust System TA Tail Pipes
in stainless steel
Chassis: TA Sport Chassis Vario
consisting of: 4 Sport Springs 4 Adjustable Coil Over Suspensions
TA Strut Brace TA Sway Bar
Wheels: TECHART Formula 20??
FA 8,5 x 20 OT52
RA 11 x 20 OT55
Tires (HANKOOK): FA 235/30 ZR 20
RA 305/25 ZR 20
Brake System: Sport Brake System

consisting of: 8-piston sport brake system
with high performance brake discs
380 mm in front, 365 mm in rear

Performance:
Max. speed: 297 km/h
0 - 100 km/h: 4,6 s
0 ? 160 km/h: 9,9 s

Vehicle price: 125.000,- Euro incl. 16% German VAT

Special equipment ?TUNE IT! SAFE!:
-official color design of the german police
-HELLA special signal equipment (RTK)
-HELLA additional day light headlights

What a horrible light bar. That thing will easily cause like a 30mph drop in top speed, probably more. I mean hell, it's using actual rotating lightbulbs? Why not the low profile LED style there have here in the states?

2003-03-chp-camaro.jpg

^ What's with the speed holes in the bumper??

In any case - I find myself strangely attracted to the Polizei Porsche :unsure:

fbc said:

Me too...

And the speedholes may have something to do with the radar... Or some bullet holes... Or maybe none. :mrgreen:

fbc said:

Good Gumball Car...

Buba

The "speed holes" are more than likely the placement of the actual siren.

YF19pilot said:

Though the tendancy for articles from europe to swap commas and periods when talking about numbers gets confusing sometimes...(like how 5,250.95 becomes 5.250,95 :? It took me a second or two to realize the mpg wasn't 11, 5--as in either 11 or 5-- but 11.5)

well, we don't swap back and forth, we stick to (xmpl) 30.000,60
(thirtythousandandsixty) always .....................

metric rules

haz

Yeah, besides the huge lightbar, the car is rather nice. I wonder if a regular customer could order that package, cause I really like it.

I think you can't paint your car like that in Germany... VERBOTEN! (means forbidden, for the seriously german challenged...) I guess

YF19pilot said:
Yep.

Buba said:
I think you can't paint your car like that in Germany... VERBOTEN! (means forbidden, for the seriously german challenged...) I guess

Good thing I am not in Germany then.

/calls Techart and orders one

/then sells kidneys, liver, one lung, and one ear to pay for it

haz said:
YF19pilot said:

Though the tendancy for articles from europe to swap commas and periods when talking about numbers gets confusing sometimes...(like how 5,250.95 becomes 5.250,95 :? It took me a second or two to realize the mpg wasn't 11, 5--as in either 11 or 5-- but 11.5)

well, we don't swap back and forth, we stick to (xmpl) 30.000,60
(thirtythousandandsixty) always .....................

metric rules

haz

Ah, man, I thought I edited that out before anyone could post. I thought about how silly it sounded and decided to nevermind. Guess I wasn't fast enough...still, it does tend to throw me off sometimes...

before you all start applying to the autobahnpolizei; here comes the bad news:
unlike the rather cool italian police, who use their gallardo in everyday-duty, the retarded germans (yes, i just set my personalausweis on fire!) will put this police-porka right in the museum to rest next to all the other polizeiwagen we got from porsche. there's a shitload of them all rotting away...but then the italians also have uniforms designed by great italian labels while our wachtmeister still wear these disgusting brown trousers that look like adolf himself made them...

ryosuke said:
[...]while our wachtmeister still wear these disgusting brown trousers that look like adolf himself made them...

Move to Hamburg then. All of them got new fancy uniforms this year. :lol:

http://img173.imageshack.**/img173/6343/000000uk.jpg

ryosuke said:
before you all start applying to the autobahnpolizei; here comes the bad news:
unlike the rather cool italian police, who use their gallardo in everyday-duty, the retarded germans (yes, i just set my personalausweis on fire!) will put this police-porka right in the museum to rest next to all the other polizeiwagen we got from porsche. there's a shitload of them all rotting away...
In Finland the police use donated cool police cars too. Only problem with that is that last summer they crashed a police Jaguar S-type R when chasing a motorcyclist :(